Combine Harvester Not Dropping Straw Anymore

OrcaAmity

Combine Harvester Not Dropping Straw Anymore

Post by OrcaAmity »

Is the rear end of the combine harvester adjustable? When I've harvested wheat and barley I always got straw falling out the back. Since I harvested canola that drops a powder instead of straw, my combine harvester is dropping a powder out the rear end instead of straw when I harvest wheat and barley. Is this a bug or do I have to adjust something with my combine harvester. I never did when I started harvesting my canola. While this is going on it's costing me a lot of money where I can't sell bales of straw. Thanks.
juf.de

Re: Combine Harvester Not Dropping Straw Anymore

Post by juf.de »

Check the help in the top left corner, there should be a hint regarding the button to switch between straw shredding and straw windrows
You will have to switch before hireing a helper though.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

juf.de wrote:Check the help in the top left corner, there should be a hint regarding the button to switch between straw shredding and straw windrows
You will have to switch before hireing a helper though.
Thanks for that. I keep on forgetting about the help bit as in the controls menu on the top-left because I got used to the controls and turned that menu off because it hogs a lot of the screen.

By the way, I never let my helpers harvest. I have them as the ploughers, fertilizers and sowers. I do the harvesting and baling. Sometimes I only have one helper on the jobs. It depends if I get too far behind and when I do I hire a second helper. It's a shame we can't set a waypoint and have a helper drive something to a field because when I have to drive everything to the fields for them I start getting behind in my harvesting.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

If you play on PC there is a mod out to partly solve your problem, partly because you will have to create these routes before useing thme, its called courseplay, it can do much more but driving a route is the most basic. Another helpful mod would be follow me, which lets you drive mutliple vehicles to one spot.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC