Saved Game on Server

BartinKila

Saved Game on Server

Post by BartinKila »

I know the answer is easy but I can't figure it out.

I have a locally saved game on my mac that I want to upload to the dedicated server. I compress all the files into a zip and try to upload it and get a "Subfolders in savegame ZIP archive are not allowed".
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: Saved Game on Server

Post by böserlöwe »

yes, you have to open the Savegame Folder, than marked all and make a ZIP file.
Thats all.

If you marked the Folder and make the ZIP File, FS cant handle it.
BartinKila

Post by BartinKila »

böserlöwe wrote:yes, you have to open the Savegame Folder, than marked all and make a ZIP file.
Thats all.

If you marked the Folder and make the ZIP File, FS cant handle it.
Yup. Tried that. Opened the folder, selected all the same files that come from the download and error. Tried on Bjorn and USA maps
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

You have to open the Savegame1 -Folder on your own PC.
Now you see many files, as XML, GDM, or cache
Only CTRL-A for all Files, Export to... ZIP File, Named as savegame1.zip
This ZIP File you have to upload to your Gameserver at the SavegameWindow, Import from your PC, search for the file savegame1.zip
Start Upload and ok.
Now you should have the same Savegame in the Savegamelist on Dedicated Server

Nothing to rezip or anything, not to unpack to all, only the complete ZIP upload

For the Function on Server you have the same Mods activated as on your own Savegame at your HomePC. So that al have the same Mods, and the Savegame came from Server. Your PC will read them and take it to play. But whitout all your Mods an Server and Home it will not go on.
BartinKila

Post by BartinKila »

böserlöwe wrote:You have to open the Savegame1 -Folder on your own PC.
Now you see many files, as XML, GDM, or cache
Only CTRL-A for all Files, Export to... ZIP File, Named as savegame1.zip
This ZIP File you have to upload to your Gameserver at the SavegameWindow, Import from your PC, search for the file savegame1.zip
Start Upload and ok.
Now you should have the same Savegame in the Savegamelist on Dedicated Server

Nothing to rezip or anything, not to unpack to all, only the complete ZIP upload

For the Function on Server you have the same Mods activated as on your own Savegame at your HomePC. So that al have the same Mods, and the Savegame came from Server. Your PC will read them and take it to play. But whitout all your Mods an Server and Home it will not go on.
Perhaps it is different for me because I am on a MAC. When I select all the option I have is not to export but to compress into a ZIP. I recorded a movie, if you would like to see. Followed your instruction and got the same error.
böserlöwe

Post by böserlöwe »

yes, i want to see the movie. please post the link.
or give it to me in pn
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@BartinKila: I might have an idea what might be the cause for your issue: the Mac OS X Finder (the Desktop environment) stores some extra information about files and folders within a folder (so called 'metadata') in a hidden folder inside that folder. so when you select al files within the savegame folder and then tell the finder to put them in a Archive.zip file by using "Compress selected files" the finder will also add the hidden folder to the Archive.zip file, and therefore the dedi server will complain when you try to upload that Archive.zip.

Please have a look at the following page which provides some further explanation and gives instructions on how to 'clean up' this hidden folder from the Archive.zip file you've created:
http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials ... as-inside/

After cleaning the ZIP file with ZIPCleaner it should hopefully be possible to upload the savegame to the dedi server.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BartinKila

Post by BartinKila »

don_apple wrote:@BartinKila: I might have an idea what might be the cause for your issue: the Mac OS X Finder (the Desktop environment) stores some extra information about files and folders within a folder (so called 'metadata') in a hidden folder inside that folder. so when you select al files within the savegame folder and then tell the finder to put them in a Archive.zip file by using "Compress selected files" the finder will also add the hidden folder to the Archive.zip file, and therefore the dedi server will complain when you try to upload that Archive.zip.

Please have a look at the following page which provides some further explanation and gives instructions on how to 'clean up' this hidden folder from the Archive.zip file you've created:
http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials ... as-inside/

After cleaning the ZIP file with ZIPCleaner it should hopefully be possible to upload the savegame to the dedi server.
Worked like a charm! Thanks to both of you for all your help.
FEDEGAS37

Post by FEDEGAS37 »

Hi everyone, I have the same problem but from windows.
If I zip the folder it tells me that farming does not accept subfolders.
Instead, if I zip all the files it tells me an error.
What should I do since zip cleaner is not there for windows?