Grass picks up as straw

Sarge

Grass picks up as straw

Post by Sarge »

I've been using fs15 since it came out. Lately I've been playing other kinds of games and came back to it for some refreshing fun.

My problem is that all of a sudden, my grass is picking up as straw. No matter what loading wagon, or tractor I use and no matter what I used to cut the grass is still shows up as straw.

I suspect that I may have downloaded a map that corrupted the grass texture, even thought it looks right on the ground. If that's true how do I fix that? I don't have a clue which map it might have been. I've been experimenting trying to challenge myself and downloaded a few.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, I really had no idea what to search for exactly.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
Hairy Bob

Re: Grass picks up as straw

Post by Hairy Bob »

To start, remove all map mods from your mods folder except the one you are using, as the game loads every mod on startup and this can cause conflicts.
If that doesn't help, rename your mods folder to, for example, mods1. Then start a new savegame on one of the in game maps and see if the problem persists.
If that cures it, it's a mod conflict and you need to add in a few mods at a time, keep trying it until you narrow down to the cause.
Alternatively, post your log file here and we can see if anything stands out.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Thanks I'll try the map business first. I hate it when I have to deal with Mods a few at a time. I've had to do it before. Took me all night once. On the Pleasant Valley map.
Al Nixon

Sarge

Post by Sarge »

It was a map. All is well thank you again.
Al Nixon