CoursePlay Tutorials

viper278

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by viper278 »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
radpineapple wrote:PC user

I followed your video on the over loader and set up a course. I'm doing PV-15 an it has some big fields. When I went to the tractor with the auger wagon it said there was no combine in range. What's up with that? Any vids using big fields? Thanks these are really helpful. RAD

You have to manually select the combine - go into the courseplay window for the tractor/auger and look for "find combine", in one of the tabs up top (Cannot remember which one, and 'm at work currently). It should be set to automatic by default, you need change it to manual and select the combine you want him to unload.
I thought I had answered this yesterday but I may not have pushed the submit button I guess.
Like @ChiefScotty20 said, select the combine. It is the Icon to the right of the one with the slider levers on it. (5th from the left) If you had started the course recording on the field, Then the auger/tipper would find the combine automatically. If you started if off the field, then you have to manually select the combine.

It doesn't matter on how big a field is for the auger/tipper to be able to find the combine. If you have multiple combines on one field, then you do need to have the auger/tipper to automatically select combines. Your course recording MUST start in the field and return back to the field so that the auger can go to either combine for unloading the combines.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Yasp0

Post by Yasp0 »

I have set up a loading wagon route to pickup straw and sell it. I first load the route the pickup the straw and then the selling route. All working fine, but when the loading wagon is full it first goes to the last waypoint (of the pickup straw route) and then goes to the selling point. In the video tutorials I found they do not seem to have this 'problem'.

Any idea why it goes to the last waypoint before going to sell the straw?

----

And also a question about 'grain' collection. The start at percentage does not seem to work properly? My tractor often moves when the harvester is 90 of 100% full...but I have set the start loading at like 40/50%.

edit: Maybe it is the pathfinding option. Will look into it :)
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Yasp0 wrote:I have set up a loading wagon route to pickup straw and sell it. I first load the route the pickup the straw and then the selling route. All working fine, but when the loading wagon is full it first goes to the last waypoint (of the pickup straw route) and then goes to the selling point. In the video tutorials I found they do not seem to have this 'problem'.

----

And also a question about 'grain' collection. The start at percentage does not seem to work properly? My tractor often moves when the harvester is 90 of 100% full...but I have set the start loading at like 40/50%.

1) It is not really a problem. It depends on how you select the 2 courses. When you select to pick up the straw and click on the first "folder" course. Then you select the 2nd course to sell and click on the first "folder" course again. If you select the 2nd folder called "append course" the vehicle will go to the end of the first course and then go to the start of the selling course. I would just leave it like it is instead of making a new course. When ever I made a field course it always went to the end and then to the start of the selling course. I found a video where his trailer went to the sell course without going to the end of the field course. But he had other vehicles on the field which may have a factor. I always did straw after the harvester left the field.

2) The pathfinding is on by default which means that the tipper/auger will wait till the combine pipe is over the harvested part of the field unless it is full. Then the tipper will go to the harvester. Also do you have automatically find combine or manual selection. Manual select will make him go according to %'s unless pathfinding is on and then he waits for a cleared field. On automaticac selection, it takes a little longer for the tipper to be called.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Yasp0

Post by Yasp0 »

1) But it's a bit annoying that on a big field the tractor first has to cross the field to go to then end point, then turns around and crosses the field again to go to the selling point. I had several collissions with the tipper / cultivator.

I can't really make up on your story on whether the end point can be skipped? Sorry :)

2) I use automatically find combine (the empty combine course starts and ends inside the field). But pathfinding only works for manual combine selection? I don't care that it takes a little longer on auto selection, but now the tipper is being called when the combine is at like 90 or 100%. That's too late. But I will try the pathfinding option asap :)
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Yasp0 wrote:I have set up a loading wagon route to pickup straw and sell it. I first load the route the pickup the straw and then the selling route. All working fine, but when the loading wagon is full it first goes to the last waypoint (of the pickup straw route) and then goes to the selling point. In the video tutorials I found they do not seem to have this 'problem'.

----

For the unloading courses, you have two options - the driver will either go to the end of the pickup course, or the beginning, before he starts off on his unload course. By default, he goes to the end of the course. If you would like to have him return the first point instead before unloading, then look for the "Return to First Point" option, and set it to "activated" (it should appear after you start the course).

Your combine unload courses do have to do with pathfinding. More than likely the tractors are not moving because the combine spout is facing unharvested crops - so the tractor waits until the combine turns around. Turn pathfinding off for the tractor to stop this behaviour, and actually start at the % you tell it to.

Hope that helps :hi:
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Yasp0 wrote:1) But it's a bit annoying that on a big field the tractor first has to cross the field to go to then end point, then turns around and crosses the field again to go to the selling point. I had several collissions with the tipper / cultivator.

I can't really make up on your story on whether the end point can be skipped? Sorry :)

2) I use automatically find combine (the empty combine course starts and ends inside the field). But pathfinding only works for manual combine selection? I don't care that it takes a little longer on auto selection, but now the tipper is being called when the combine is at like 90 or 100%. That's too late. But I will try the pathfinding option asap :)
What is the version of the courseplay do you have. v4.01 or the latest v4.01.0101 dev. I looked at my set up and the unload course did not go to the end of the field course but straight to 2nd course.
I do not have return to first waypoint. That is for the the vehicle to go back to start when it is gets to the end point to restart at the beginning again.
Check the way you select the courses. First select the field work with the 1st course loading button, then select the 2nd course again with the first course loading button and that should be it. If you start the selling course on the field then I think the courses join together so the vehicle goes to the end of the first course. Redo the sell/silo course and start it off the field where there are no obstacles. Then run it. I think that is the issue.

2) there are 2 lie for the %'s. be sure you are looking and setting the right one. The first one is for the harvester fill level and set that for 50% or your choice. the bottom % is for the tipper itself. I never had any issues with the tipper not going to the harvester set at 50% and not going to it.

Yasp0

Post by Yasp0 »

1) Thanks, it's working! It was the CP version which caused it...all fine with the dev version :)

2) The unloading is also working ok now, it was indeed the pathfinding option. Thnx!
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

I can't even get Courseplay to run. I have the zip file in the right folder. Do you need a specific version of FS15 or higher to run it?
PsyberMind

Post by PsyberMind »

I love courseplay, just started using it recently, and to be honest, I'd be lost without it anymore

That being said... I have a slight problem..

Is there a way to get the route to stop on a non-dump/non-fill trigger?

Here's what I mean..

I'm using the StatesV6 map currently, and have pretty much amassed a good 2 million liters of SOLID manure.. So I decided that instead of going the slurry route over and over to increase soil fertility (SoilMod) I would start dumping Manure and plowing it in..

The problem I run into is, courseplay won't stop at my manure bin. It gets under the conveyor, fills about 2% while it moves, and keeps going. I COULD go that route, but I'd be working that field until next harvest that way.. (It's Field 8, for those of you familiar with the map)

I've tried adding a waitpoint at the conveyor, but then it sits there, loads and activates the spreader at the same time (Yea, I gotta figure out how to clean up THAT mess now)

Any suggestions?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

PsyberMind wrote:I love courseplay, just started using it recently, and to be honest, I'd be lost without it anymore

That being said... I have a slight problem..

Is there a way to get the route to stop on a non-dump/non-fill trigger?

Here's what I mean..

I'm using the StatesV6 map currently, and have pretty much amassed a good 2 million liters of SOLID manure.. So I decided that instead of going the slurry route over and over to increase soil fertility (SoilMod) I would start dumping Manure and plowing it in..

The problem I run into is, courseplay won't stop at my manure bin. It gets under the conveyor, fills about 2% while it moves, and keeps going. I COULD go that route, but I'd be working that field until next harvest that way.. (It's Field 8, for those of you familiar with the map)

I've tried adding a waitpoint at the conveyor, but then it sits there, loads and activates the spreader at the same time (Yea, I gotta figure out how to clean up THAT mess now)

Any suggestions?
To have a vehicle load under a conveyor is done differently than a silo.
For the route recording - Start recording under the conveyor and then select the Wait point button.
continue to your end point and put your stop point there.
Now this is the issue. To make the tipper to fill and go, select the grain transport button and then in the driver settings select the amount of seconds you need to fill the tipper. It will depend on the capacity you are loading. The problem is that in order for the end point to stop you need to activate the stop at trigger or end point so the vehicle wont go through the stop sign and try to return to the beginning. To solve that when doing the recording you would put an wait point at then end route and then stop recording. Now he won't continue but since there is no tip point. Problem is since you need to give the wait point a specific wait time - it will wait for the selected seconds and then continue and also you have to dump the fill yourself, so you have to stop the driver anyways.

So what I would do to make this work and so you can dump the load.
First course will be a distance ahead of the conveyor about 2-3 lengths. Start your recording and go to your tip point and select a wait point and Stop recording. The vehicle will stop and notify you. This will be your "to dump site" course.

Now do a second recording form any point ahead of your dump site and start recording to go all the way to your conveyor and select the wait point and then stop recording. This is your "return to conveyor" course.
Now you have 2 courses.

The course setup will be as follows:
Select the route to your dump site and select the 1st "folder button" course.
Select the return course back to the conveyor. select the 1st "folder button" again.
Now you have 2 courses loaded.
Select the transfer a-b icon.
Start your vehicle under the conveyor and let it fill up. Next start drive course at first waypoint and select activate stop at end point once the driver takes off.
A notice will appear when he gets there. Stop the driver and dump the load. Next Start course at nearest waypoint and (be sure the route is not blocked by any obstacles) you don't have to have activation at end point because the wait point will make the driver stop. Now the driver will stop under the conveyor and refill. he will wait there until you continue him.
Be sure also that your wait time is set to "0" seconds. If it is >0 it will continue to where ever it wants to after the given amount of time has elapsed.

There is another way to do this by using the Transport grain button but since you don't have a tip trigger in the middle of the round trip the above setup is the best way.
If you had a tip trigger at some point you could do an endless loop until the tipper had no more to be full.
Last edited by viper278 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callum5347

Post by Callum5347 »

Wow, these will help, not watched them yet, but favourited this page, so sure to come back, any future videos?
~Callum
PsyberMind

Post by PsyberMind »

viper278 wrote:
PsyberMind wrote: To have a vehicle load under a conveyor is done differently than a silo.
For the route recording - Start recording under the conveyor and then select the Wait point button.
<SNIPPED>

Thank you for this..I'll give it a whirl.. In the offchance that I can't get it to work properly, could you perhaps do a vid for it? No rush, I'll eventually figure it out, just a thought for future reference if someone else runs into the problem?

Also, is it possible to have more than 2 courses merged? For this particular scenario, I already have a fieldwork path set up to run the spreader on the field, and a path to refil (which obviously failed.) To implement this fully, I would need 3 courses merged.. One for the fieldwork, and the 2 you mentioned.. Is that possible? If not, it's no big, as I can just swap courses as needed..
viper278

Post by viper278 »

I do 2 courses when I have slurry sales. Courseplay does not auto unload to a slurry sales point for some reason. It will do solid manure but not the liquid and it doesn't autoload either. So I have 2 routes. One at the pickup and one at the unload spot. I stop at the trigger and select the "P" wait point and stop the recording. Then I pull ahead a bit and start the recording back to the load point and again select the "P" wait point at the tripper before I stop the recording. This way if all goes according to plan, I don't have to move the truck to the trigger and after fill/unload just continue the driver to the next point. This can be done in a loop so you don't have to change courses.

@PsyberMind
Also, is it possible to have more than 2 courses merged? For this particular scenario, I already have a fieldwork path set up to run the spreader on the field, and a path to refil (which obviously failed.) To implement this fully, I would need 3 courses merged.. One for the fieldwork, and the 2 you mentioned.. Is that possible? If not, it's no big, as I can just swap courses as needed..
2 courses are all you need. I don't normally fertilize with slurry. I do the chemical. But you should only need the 2 courses. One for the field work and the other for the refill. But you don't select field work as the course. You select the slurry Icon (I believe). The 2nd from the right. next to the shovel icon.
You set up the course generator for the field and the working width. Then you make a course for the refill path to the overloader and back to the field. Now select the field course with the "1st" course button and the select the refill course - again with the "1st" course button. I have never done this course but if it works like the seeder refills you need to put the wait point at the refill spot ("P") when making the recording for the refill course. maybe that is why it didn't work for you.

The 2 I mentioned in the earlier post would be if you were to do a liquid manure sales. Slurry overloading is integrated into the courseplay programming. But you need to have the overloader somewhere, usually by the field. You can have a course for the overloader to go to the fill spot and return back to the field. This way you can save the courses and have the overloader be at the same spot for the refilling to work with the spreader. The spreader will have to know where to stop and refill.

I still have some more courseplay tutorials to do and this is one of them on the list. My schedule lately got me behind uploading them to YouTube so when I get them done I will post a notice here.

For the last part of your question - I have only needed 2 courses to do a task. t would have to depend on the set up and what you are trying to do.
Example would be - Commute to the field, start the field work, refill, and commute back to the garage.
This is not going to work because in order to commute - you use the transfer button, but you need the "work" button to do the field work. If you start off with the work button - whether it is the field work or seeder/fertilizer work, then as soon as you start the course the tool will start to operate. So that is no good.
I use a commute course and the stop it there and then change courses to work and refill if needed. When It is done, I change courses to commute again to the next destination.

I would say I don't know of any 3 course setups would be possible other than commuting from point A-B, B-C, C-D with wait points at each stop. it could be done this way for unloading/loading as long as you can stop right at the trigger so you don't have to "Stop Driver" and the Restart at nearest point.
Example of this would be if you had multiple slurry pick ups at the BGA, cow barn and multiple barn animals and then unload at a sales or storage pit. But you could do this all in 1 course. You could make however a few different route scenarios and then select the sequence you need. I have only seen just 2 courses selected at one time. I have not seen anyone try to have 3 courses selected.

Thanks for watching them.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Callum5347 wrote:Wow, these will help, not watched them yet, but favourited this page, so sure to come back, any future videos?
Thanks, glad you like the videos. I will hopefully doing some more tutorials when CP gets updated. There are many more FS15 videos on my Youtube channel. If there is anything specific that you would like a video on, please let me know.

Cheers TB
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I finally started combi unloading. I think I have read through the posts but I cant figger this one out. the h488 finally is heading for the combine at the right time I think. turned pathfinding off to solve that problem because the c6 comia is running on the same side of the field, up and back. however now the h488 gets behind the combine spout and then slows down to 3k and the combine is running faster that that. then the h488 speeds up and almost gets to where it unloads th4e combine and then slows down again. finally the combine is full, and the tractor/tipper unloads the combine. ??????? thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode