CoursePlay Tutorials

Farmer_Fran

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by Farmer_Fran »

Thats not so good when your working on large maps. I dont even have that many courses saved, id guess only about 10. But need many more as i`ve really only started on the map. I might try starting another game on the same map and see if that makes much of a difference, it will only take a couple of hours to see what happens.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

what is the technique to append a course to a course. to explain. I have a course to get a load of grass on the silage wagon. I want to make a course to the grass field and then append the course to gather the grass. unfortunately when I try to do it, I have to go to the grass field with a straight away code chosen, then when I get to the grass field, I have to use the field work code or button selected. is it possible to append the two courses? chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Farmer_Fran wrote:Thats not so good when your working on large maps. I dont even have that many courses saved, id guess only about 10. But need many more as i`ve really only started on the map. I might try starting another game on the same map and see if that makes much of a difference, it will only take a couple of hours to see what happens.
I am playing a 4x map. After a lot of troubleshooting, It was my courseplay file being too large for the map. I don't know what size is the map you are playing on is.

I am now making small course files for different tasks to do. Then I only load that courseplay file in the game before starting. This may seem a bit of trouble, but is it better than doing every task yourself?

But if you only have 10 courses set up, there is another cause for your crash then. Your courseplay file is not that large yet. Possibly another mod.
Post your log file here so we can see what the cause may be.
Also look in there to see any mod that has errors and remove them.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
viper278

Post by viper278 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:what is the technique to append a course to a course. to explain. I have a course to get a load of grass on the silage wagon. I want to make a course to the grass field and then append the course to gather the grass. unfortunately when I try to do it, I have to go to the grass field with a straight away code chosen, then when I get to the grass field, I have to use the field work code or button selected. is it possible to append the two courses? chas
Your course set would depend if you are emptying the wagon also.
When you record a course, the "type" of course is irrelevant. So if you choose the transit course to get from point A to B and then append the grass work course, the grass won't be picked up, the wagon will just go to then end of the generated course. So if you preset to field work then the wagon will turn on as soon as it starts off. The vehicle will go slow according to the wagons work speed. You could load the unload course to see if this all works for you. So your course would have 3 folders. = Load - Append - Load. I don't know if this would work as I never tried it and have not seen any videos showing that done this way. There are very few videos that show advanced courseplay routes. Most all are just the basic functions and some with the basic field work function.

I always did what you are asking in separate courses because I needed the wagon emptied at some point.
But to just go to the field and start collecting would be.
Load course from parked "A" point to the "B" work starting point. Load by using the Solid folder icon.
Then append the grass collection course. Set by using the folder with the + in it.
According to the Manual, this is how you set 1 course to start and the next to begin when the first course gets to the last point.
I could be wrong but I think when I did this, the notification came up and I had to click continue to start the next course.

What i do is set the course to the field and stop. When the notice comes up, I cancel that course and load the grass work and the unloading to the sales point or silo.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Jima

Post by Jima »

I'm trying to use the Mex 5 and the auger wagon both attached to a tractor to harvest and when full, run the load over to a waiting trailer.
I've created a overload course from the field to the trailer, and combined it with a harvest course on that field, but it doesn't stop harvesting when full.
Is there a way to get this setup to work with Courseplay?

Ok I started this post before I finished my headland section. Courseplay is acting like I don't have a trailer and trying to back up ungracefully at the end of the rows. I'm assuming this configuration will not work with courseplay.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Jima wrote:I'm trying to use the Mex 5 and the auger wagon both attached to a tractor to harvest and when full, run the load over to a waiting trailer.
I've created a overload course from the field to the trailer, and combined it with a harvest course on that field, but it doesn't stop harvesting when full.
Is there a way to get this setup to work with Courseplay?

Ok I started this post before I finished my headland section. Courseplay is acting like I don't have a trailer and trying to back up ungracefully at the end of the rows. I'm assuming this configuration will not work with courseplay.
Never tried this method but, have you tried to use the "combine auto unload" function, rather than "overloader"? Maybe that might work....
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Maybe someone has an answer for this - when running courses using a Krone + two tractors w/tippers to unload, the second tractor follows the first pretty closely. Also the first, once full, will make this big turn in a circle (sometimes twice) before running the unload course, usually running into either the krone or the second tractor. Any way to either a) spread the second tractor a little further back so he does not run into the first tractor? Or b) is there a way I can stop the full tractor from making those stupid circles?

Just to be clear, the tractors are running combine unload courses. My start point is far enough away when this happens that I know the turning in circles is not due to him trying to find the start, like they do if you start a course too close to the start point. They do this weird circle thing in the middle of the field, and my start is way over on the edge.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:Maybe someone has an answer for this - when running courses using a Krone + two tractors w/tippers to unload, the second tractor follows the first pretty closely. Also the first, once full, will make this big turn in a circle (sometimes twice) before running the unload course, usually running into either the krone or the second tractor. Any way to either a) spread the second tractor a little further back so he does not run into the first tractor? Or b) is there a way I can stop the full tractor from making those stupid circles?

Just to be clear, the tractors are running combine unload courses. My start point is far enough away when this happens that I know the turning in circles is not due to him trying to find the start, like they do if you start a course too close to the start point. They do this weird circle thing in the middle of the field, and my start is way over on the edge.
I just did a test of your situation. I set the run to the silo from mid side of the field where the Krone will start his run. the return path comes back to near the beginning of the Krone start point. I had the Duetz and the Bull tipper.32000L.

The second icon is selected for the unloader. the Tipper will follow the Krone and unload to the silo when full.
My settings where Find Harverster to Krone BIG X. 50% start run and 90% on fill.
I set the 1st tipper to go. He went right to the Krone and they started off.
I waited to about 1/3rd of the way up the field and started 2nd tipper.
When the 1st tipper go to 50% the 2nd one came in behind the first tipper about 2-3 lengths behind.
When they all got to the end of the run. The 1st tipper went way past the field edge and the 2nd stayed way behind them in the lane.
When the Krone made it's turn, the 1st tipper made a wide turn to get back to the Krone.
Once on the way, the 2nd tipper went to the end of the field and made his turn.
When the 1st tipper got full, he turned right off the Krone and the 2nd tipper followed to the left off the Krone.

I would say be sure you pick a field with plenty of turning space because the tippers go way past the field edge.
I had Pathfinding active on so check that setting.

I am also using the updated Courseplay 4.01.0101 dev.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

viper278 wrote:
ChiefScotty420 wrote:
Do you have a link for that? That could be the problem, since I've been using the same version for the past 4-5 months.

So two things I'm wondering, based on your test.

1) I start my silo unload at the end of the field (the narrow side, as opposed to the long side), it seems to me that you are saying you started your course in the middle of the long side, correct?

2) I'm using much bigger tractors/tippers, I wonder if that's the problem..... NH T9 and JD 9630, both using the biggest Krampe tippers.

I also had path-finding deactivated, so will try activating that as well. Thanks for your test, and feedback! *thumbsup*
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

you can also make the turning angle smaller, so the tractor takes a smaller turn when the harvester is preparing for the next lane.

its also good that you try to set it up then, when loading one trailer, meantime the other tractor is on the way to dump the chaff.
prevent collisions like this 2.
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

wildflower wrote:you can also make the turning angle smaller, so the tractor takes a smaller turn when the harvester is preparing for the next lane.
We're aware. That is not the issue.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
viper278 wrote:
ChiefScotty420 wrote:
Do you have a link for that? That could be the problem, since I've been using the same version for the past 4-5 months.
Here is the link.
http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... -mod-fs15/

So two things I'm wondering, based on your test.

1) I start my silo unload at the end of the field (the narrow side, as opposed to the long side), it seems to me that you are saying you started your course in the middle of the long side, correct?

I start the course on whichever the side of the field where you start your harvester at the start. So it only is a matter of Which edge length you start at. I start on the beginning side because this way the tipper won't run into the Harvester while going to the end point of the harvester run.

2) I'm using much bigger tractors/tippers, I wonder if that's the problem..... NH T9 and JD 9630, both using the biggest Krampe tippers.
My test wasn't with the T9. But I wouldn't use a tighter turn as you may more likely run into the harvester more. The harvester takes off before the tipper so the tipper could potentially run into the harvester and the 2nd tipper.

I also had path-finding deactivated, so will try activating that as well. Thanks for your test, and feedback! *thumbsup*
farmertuck

Post by farmertuck »

Hello
How do I make a tutorial so the tippers drive next to the krone and unload it
Thanks
I play FS19 on PC!
Using a Logitech G29 and Saitek side panel.
Also a farmer IRL
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

TeaBelly wrote:Hi Guys,
I am a big fan of farming simulator and I have created some courseplay tutorials that some people might find helpful.

Unload combine to silo
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I have run into a minor problem on the silage unload path. pit one always works on the path created to start with. pit 2, second to the left on the bjornholm map works the first time I use it, unloading 300k of silage. I fill pit one first and on the second day I unload it and fill pit 2. then the third day I unload pit 2 and fill pit 1. when I use the courseplay course to unload the pit 2 the second time, the small new Holland tractor stops midway before unloading the bucket. its no big problem to create another route and it works ok but don't know what is happening to the first courseplay route. this has happened on several bjornholm maps. thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode