CoursePlay Tutorials

viper278

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by viper278 »

Courseplay does not have a MP version from the developers at this time.
There was a courseplay MP that someone uploaded to the mod sites but I have not seen where that mod has worked in MP.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Thanks Viper
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

When using courseplay for trailer work from the combines and forager how on earth do I get them not to be so stupid... I mean by taking such stupid wide circles on the headland corners and headlands in general.

This really does irritate me a huge amount and wonder if it does anybody else/

Suggestions would be great thanks.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

And when you do untangle them they then bugger off with whatever is in the trailer.. Arggggggggggggggggggggggg.
Toys7505

Post by Toys7505 »

Zetor9145 wrote:When using courseplay for trailer work from the combines and forager how on earth do I get them not to be so stupid... I mean by taking such stupid wide circles on the headland corners and headlands in general.

This really does irritate me a huge amount and wonder if it does anybody else/

Suggestions would be great thanks.
I usually get those same occurances when there are boundaries around the field(s) - i.e. Coldborough Park.......I now play on Manchester which has open fields with no real boundaries.....and if they do get squirrelly, I just stop them, redirect, and make sure "nearest waypoint" is selected so its not trying to go back to the beginning or back to where it messed up originally.

Toys
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Ah thanks, perhaps thats where I am getting messed up as it says deactivated at mo.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

It is stated in the manual that having "Pathfinding" active keeps the tippers on the all ready harvested side of the combine as long as the combine is not full. But I haven't seen too much difference with or without it being active.

Also if you are backing up a trailer for a course - you have do record the course without the trailer attached. When you run the course the back of the trailer will follow the waypoints instead of the drive vehicle.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
arkydave

Post by arkydave »

I've posted a fairly comprehensive youtube video on reversing with courseplay. It's narrated in english, and I'd appreciate your youtube comments. The link is https://youtu.be/yPilBMJXNWM. Thanks.
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

Field measurements - I have only played the American map so far and have noticed that regardless of what function I am carrying out, harvesting, sowing, spraying, etc, the stop way point at the end of the very last row is always short of the real end of the row, to varying degrees of distance. (except for field 16 so far). Is Courseplay just not measuring the field correctly or is it not compensating correctly for the length and function of the machinery? Can this be fixed?
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

slojoeguam wrote:Field measurements - I have only played the American map so far and have noticed that regardless of what function I am carrying out, harvesting, sowing, spraying, etc, the stop way point at the end of the very last row is always short of the real end of the row, to varying degrees of distance. (except for field 16 so far). Is Courseplay just not measuring the field correctly or is it not compensating correctly for the length and function of the machinery? Can this be fixed?
Is it a modded map this can make a difference. Also you can manually create a course with all the waypoints. This should solve the issue you have. You can also scan the field to make sure it has the correct dimensions. hope this helps. TB
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

It's not a modded map, it's Westbridge Hills and i have auto-scan on, so all the fields are scanned every time I play the game. I have not modified the fields in any way.
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

Need a little help. I am playing the Bjornholm map, relatively early in the game. I bought field 30 and combined it with field 29. I did not save the combined field in FS15, but I did save the combined field in Courseplay, now field 30 (user), to see if it would work with machines. Unfortunately, it had some major flaws. I decided that for the time being the combined field wasn't going to work out, so I exited FS15 completely without saving anything. I re-started the game again and Courseplay scanned the separate fields again as it always does. I thought I was going to get separate fields 29 and 30 again, but Courseplay still had them combined as 30 (user). When I went to use a sower on field 30, it just went across the road to field 29 and back the same way. So, I drove onto field 30, generated the field edge path and saved it as 30. So now I think I have separate fields for 29 and 30 again. Stupid question, how do I get courseplay to stop calling field 30 field 30 (user)? Is there a file i can edit?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

There is a courseplay file for the user defined fields. Where it is located i am not sure because I had erased it a long time ago. But i think it is in the mods folder. I remember seeing a separate xml for the redesigned fields.
If you find that field you can just delete it and when your courseplay restarts, it will rescan the separate fields again.
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

I took a look at Viper's You Tube video on how to save a Courseplay course for grass. In his example, the field was already planted with grass, so he had to drive around the perimeter of the field and then save it. Would it also work if you drove onto an unplanted field, calculated that field's edge path and saved it as something slightly different. For example, if field 40 was not planted with anything, I would calculate the field edge path, then save it as let's say 40 grass. It's now a user saved course and you didn't overwrite the path for field 40. Would Courseplay then recognize it once it was planted with grass?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Yes. This is what I do when I convert a crop field into grass. I select the "calculate field edge path" and get the headland. Then you save that course as a template for your workers to use for various working widths.
Then when you plant grass, you would load the headland course that you saved - then generate your field course from that. The headland won't be followed unless you select the "activate" headland course.