CoursePlay Tutorials

_Ty_

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by _Ty_ »

The Duetz 6.61 I think I have come to the conclusion it must not be coded properly, or similiarly to others.

If you have a look and scroll back in this thread where I talk to TB about the tractor getting constantly hung up on the combine, this is Bjornholm, where I had started a 2nd game with the initial tractors, Duetz 6.61 etc. My 1st game was Westbridge where I had pretty good success with courseplay, Although I did not use it early on and by the time I used it I had purchased the higher end tractors which worked petty well with courseplay.

Your very welcome, happy farming. Be sure to watch some of TB's videos for tips!
Ty
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Hi, question, can i use courseplay for there grimme tractor pulled harvesters??
XBOX1 player: feel free to add: bonjolino :hi:
viper278

Post by viper278 »

@wildflower.. you should be able to. I am thinking you are talking about a potato/beet harvester pulled by a tractor and not the self propelled one. I did find one mod that does not work in courseplay so far and that is a Krone mower/trailer. Its the Krone-BigL500. its a hybrid of a Krone cab with a trailer for the body and a mower in front. All in one vehicle. I figured i could use this instead of mowing, windrow and grass pick up with 3 separate vehicles. This can do it with just the one. But course play would not make it work in field work mode like normal mower would work. Also it was not hireable. either. It was nice because the trailer had a capacity of 100000 liters.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
bpbill

Post by bpbill »

wildflower wrote:Hi, question, can i use courseplay for there grimme tractor pulled harvesters??
Would love to see a tutorial for this one. If I remember correctly when running the push/pull combination the front implement is about 3m centred whilst the rear implement is about 2m offset to one side.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Hello,

thank you for the response, i indeed mean those beet/potato harvesters.
The complete picture: Bjornholm with small vehicels / logging. and than the other map: industrial farming USA style, just to swith the decor/style hehe :)
But it would be nice if i can let these small harvesters work trough course play (saving time)

And let a tractor unload them aswel, witch is possible in courseplay.

I would like to make the video for it, but unfortunatly, i never made a video for that, so i have no idea were to begin :-)
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

I don't think the push tool to take the green of the plants makes difference, i think you need to set the settings for the harvester behind.
I will try it tonight, and give feedback of the result. I could make some pics from it. (screenshots)
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

bpbill wrote:
wildflower wrote:Hi, question, can i use courseplay for there grimme tractor pulled harvesters??
Would love to see a tutorial for this one. If I remember correctly when running the push/pull combination the front implement is about 3m centred whilst the rear implement is about 2m offset to one side.
I have created a tutorial using the GRIMME plant machinery:

Push - Pull Method using GRIMME

I have also added it to the list at the start of this thread.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know

Best regards,

TB
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TB - very well done video. I watched all of your videos and you are one of the best tutors out there. I did have some courses to redo because of the icon selections. You run trough your settings to quickly I missed what you clicked on to get the vehicles to correctly operate. Same goes for everyone else out there that I have watched.
This video about the push pull harvester was your best explanation on which settings to do. I went slow enough to see which ones you clicked on. Thanks.
Even though I never used this type of harvester, I doubt I will ever. 2 planted rows at a time it would take a week to harvest a field. Even the 3m harvester on a large field takes a long time. I did try a mod that had a 6 or 8?m harvester but the tipper kept colliding with the grimme when it drives up to it (front end)It did work most of the time without troubles but it depends on which direction was the unloading. Most vehicle mods slide down hills when it has products in them. I would lose a bunch of rows when the harvester is waiting for the tipper to arrive. The default ones don't do it as much. The Man AR (hook) tippers kept drifting all over the place every time I go to that vehicle. Now I use an Oshkosh (rack stand)) tipper which works much better. The only thing is when the tipper approaches the beet/ potato harvester it turns too close to it to get behind it to unload. I don't have any issues with the regular NH harvester.
Another question I have is about a few months ago I saw a video about courseplay when I seen the mod listed or just searching videos about FS15. I watched this guy explain about having the vehicle/tool go past the end of the field so when it turns it is fully behind the field edge so you won't get blanks spaces or collect all the crops. I tried messing with the settings on the page with the offsets. I think it is the horizontal/ versicle settings. I was windrowing and my baler/ pickup would go past far enough to pickup all the straw/grass. But now I can't find this video anymore. Plus this version doesn't look like the one the guy showed which may have been still in dev.
Have you ever tried using these settings. Courseplay manual doesn't give enough info on this.

The other issue I have is trying to get the milk or slurry tankers to load/unload automatically. I have to put a pause spot or select pause at last/next point. I do like it that it informs me when it is waiting and lets me click on the vehicle icon - so it isn't a really big issue. The slurry tanker hit the tipper point but keeps on going and doesn't stop to unload.

Thanks and keep up the great videos. TB
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Thank you very much for your video!!!

liked!!!
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:TB - very well done video. I watched all of your videos and you are one of the best tutors out there. I did have some courses to redo because of the icon selections. You run trough your settings to quickly I missed what you clicked on to get the vehicles to correctly operate. Same goes for everyone else out there that I have watched.
This video about the push pull harvester was your best explanation on which settings to do. I went slow enough to see which ones you clicked on. Thanks.
Even though I never used this type of harvester, I doubt I will ever. 2 planted rows at a time it would take a week to harvest a field. Even the 3m harvester on a large field takes a long time. I did try a mod that had a 6 or 8?m harvester but the tipper kept colliding with the grimme when it drives up to it (front end)It did work most of the time without troubles but it depends on which direction was the unloading. Most vehicle mods slide down hills when it has products in them. I would lose a bunch of rows when the harvester is waiting for the tipper to arrive. The default ones don't do it as much. The Man AR (hook) tippers kept drifting all over the place every time I go to that vehicle. Now I use an Oshkosh (rack stand)) tipper which works much better. The only thing is when the tipper approaches the beet/ potato harvester it turns too close to it to get behind it to unload. I don't have any issues with the regular NH harvester.
Another question I have is about a few months ago I saw a video about courseplay when I seen the mod listed or just searching videos about FS15. I watched this guy explain about having the vehicle/tool go past the end of the field so when it turns it is fully behind the field edge so you won't get blanks spaces or collect all the crops. I tried messing with the settings on the page with the offsets. I think it is the horizontal/ versicle settings. I was windrowing and my baler/ pickup would go past far enough to pickup all the straw/grass. But now I can't find this video anymore. Plus this version doesn't look like the one the guy showed which may have been still in dev.
Have you ever tried using these settings. Courseplay manual doesn't give enough info on this.

The other issue I have is trying to get the milk or slurry tankers to load/unload automatically. I have to put a pause spot or select pause at last/next point. I do like it that it informs me when it is waiting and lets me click on the vehicle icon - so it isn't a really big issue. The slurry tanker hit the tipper point but keeps on going and doesn't stop to unload.

Thanks and keep up the great videos. TB
Hi Viper,
Really glad you liked the video. I understand totally what you mean about the modded vehicles sliding around when idle this is a big problem and as you are aware even more so when using courseplay. The only work around is to get your tipper to unload the combine before it reaches 50% this should ensure that the vehicle will not idle while waiting for the tipper.
If you want to trick courseplay into thinking the field is longer than it is you can manually create the course border around the field yourself but instead of following the edge of the field you could extend the sides of the field you want to and then use this border in your course creation. I hope this makes sense if not i could do a tutorial for you. I do not think you can use the vertical offset for this method. I think the vertical offset is specifically used for tippers just so you can adjust the location of the tipper when unloading from a combine. Although there is still the option to use the vertical offset setting in the Sowing & Fertilizer type. I dont think it works. I could be wrong tho :).
In regards to your slurry/milk tanker problem. Are you using any modded tankers? This is a big problem with courseplay as it does not like modded vehicles.

I hope this helps and doesn't create more questions than it answers :)

Happy Farming... Live long and prosper ;)

TB
bpbill

Post by bpbill »

Thanks nice video.

My mistake when I tried to do potatoes was not trusting in courseplay to go back to the rows it was missing :) .
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

bpbill wrote:Thanks nice video.

My mistake when I tried to do potatoes was not trusting in courseplay to go back to the rows it was missing :) .

With good reason :) There are a lot of times I don't trust courseplay :)
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TB - Yes I was using mod tankers because there are no standard tankers for the milk and slurry sales. I do a pause waypoint at the tip point so really not a huge issue. Also some modded tippers don't fill at the grain silo automatically. I can fill manually tho. It was the Man AR series.
I never used the small harvesters as shown in your videos. Only 2 heads get cut at a time. Not good for a huge field. Even the standard game one is only 3 heads and it takes awhile to do. I did use a mod that doubled it. It worked ok and fast by hire or manually but not for courseplay. I increased the holding tank to 120k so I didn't have to empty it so often. Plus the mod maker had increase the harvesting speed. These went 2+x the speed than normal But the tippers would most times run into the header due to the header size (in courseplay). You couldn't do an offset any more or else the conveyor wouldn't reach the trailer or box.
As far as the headland extension, I did add 6m to the grass pick up wagon and got most of it. I am using the biggest windrower (19m) so you know how long that *censored* is. I mow a field converted to grass and just a large grassy area. The latter I had to do a headland so I can plot the course so that one does get done around the perimeter. The field conversion I just go around myself when the AI finishes. but now I use a Krone mower mod that has a trailer so I don't have to windrow the grass anymore, But I do for the straw. But that Krone has very weak in power. It barely pulls up a 38000 ltr trailer up a small incline. I had the 50k one at first and it couldn't pull it up a hill empty. There is another Krone mower that has both front and rear blades with a holding tank but for some reason courseplay would not operate it. I plot the course in fieldwork and click start course and then nothing. I wouldn't move, even after I unfold and turn on myself. Wasn't hireable either.

Another youtuber said if you follow set the same course as the harvester thrash it loses it's line. And he was right. after a couple of rows, the pickup was fading away from the line. Windrowing keeps it consistant.
wildflower

Post by wildflower »

Hello,

Another question, i use a double krampe train for grain transport, on the usa map. But when i set courseplay overloader, the overloader loads only the first trailer.
Should i set a second waypoint at the second trailer?

Also, do i leave the overloader pipe constant open? Because it actualy sometimes colide with the krampe trailer.

http://www.modhoster.com/mods/krampesb3060-mit-kupplung
http://fs-uk.com/mods/view/35982/man-ag ... js-edition

thx for your video's and feedback!!!
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

wildflower wrote:Hello,

Another question, i use a double krampe train for grain transport, on the usa map. But when i set courseplay overloader, the overloader loads only the first trailer.
Should i set a second waypoint at the second trailer?
You might be able to adjust the vertical offset in the settings to account for the second trailer. You will have to try this yourself.
wildflower wrote:Also, do i leave the overloader pipe constant open? Because it actualy sometimes colide with the krampe trailer.
You could try adjusting the horizontal offset to try to avoid the pipe. Or close the pipe. See which suits you the best.

Hope this helps.

TB