CoursePlay Tutorials

slojoeguam

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by slojoeguam »

Hi Viper. I followed you right up to "activate" part. I don't know what that refers to.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Activate is selecting to run the headland waypoints when setting up the field generator. That is the option at the bottom of the generating course setup box.
This selection chooses whether to clockwise or counterclockwise and before or after the infield course.
Check about the 3 minute mark for a brief look at where the headland selection is and again at 6 minutes for making a headland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L6tOXsgr3A
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

finally understood how to get headland for a grass field. mostly my fields are irregular so we will see how it works. thanks, chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

I tried outlining some grass fields on coldborough park and building courses off them only to find that it usually starts to cut at least one lane or more inside the original outline path course and never starts at the corner i tell it to. Now I'm not sure if the map on Coldborough park farm is actually North up or not.

I've had to resort to just recording a complete mowing session from start to finish and using that course instead or letting courseplay build one.
Playing on PC
viper278

Post by viper278 »

That is the way courseplay is. I don't know why either why it does that but the tool doesn't start until the 2nd or 3rd waypoint.

You can do a headland course either before or after the infield path then it picks up the beginning crops.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Yep, for now I just stick to driving/recording the complete course. It works out that sometimes many implements (seeder/cultivator/Slurry Tank/Etc.) can use that single field course that I record, just may have to change the type of course when I load it up.

Also I make sure to save the game before I record the course. If I make a mistake why recording it (drive into the hedges, etc.), I can just quit without saving, load up the game again and start over recording the course.
Playing on PC
AndyK70

Post by AndyK70 »

Phantoms wrote:Also I make sure to save the game before I record the course. If I make a mistake why recording it (drive into the hedges, etc.), I can just quit without saving, load up the game again and start over recording the course.
I use Coursedrawer to adjust, correct or fine-tune a course.
  1. go to https://github.com/erksartori/Coursedrawer
  2. Download the Zip
  3. unpack it
  4. look for the file Coursedrawer-master\CourseDrawer\bin\Release\app.publish\CourseDrawer.exe
it works without installation, you may want to copy it to another location and delete the unpacked folder
Tippfehler kann jeder mal machen, aber bestimmte Sachen sollte man kennen.
einziger, nicht einzigster
Standard, nicht Standart
seid und seit
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Phantoms wrote:Yep, for now I just stick to driving/recording the complete course. It works out that sometimes many implements (seeder/cultivator/Slurry Tank/Etc.) can use that single field course that I record, just may have to change the type of course when I load it up.

Also I make sure to save the game before I record the course. If I make a mistake why recording it (drive into the hedges, etc.), I can just quit without saving, load up the game again and start over recording the course.
I failed to mention earlier but you can turn on your tools before selecting "Drive Course" and you will cut or harvest at the start of the course.
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

The one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to automatically refill the fertilizer or seeder when they run out during a course. I've tried the way listed in one of the first post of this thread, but it doesn't work. It may be because my courses are completely driven to record them or it may have something to do with Coldborough Farm map.
Playing on PC
viper278

Post by viper278 »

As long as the map maker didn't change the default way the seeds get loaded you should not have any problems.
When you do your refill course all you have to do is drive by the refiller. Just have your F1 HUD on to see if the seeder shows "Refill sower". If it doesn't then your seeder has a problem. Most modded seeders refill OK. Normally you Do not need to put a "Wait" point there. But if the seeder doesn't refill then put a Wait point there when the HUD says to refill. I put one in my video because I believe the Bjornholm refill station did not stop the seeder to refill. But on the modded maps I play I don't need to put a wait point. So you just to try both ways to see which works.
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Is it suppose to work the same for the fertilizer?
Playing on PC
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Phantoms wrote:I tried outlining some grass fields on coldborough park and building courses off them only to find that it usually starts to cut at least one lane or more inside the original outline path course and never starts at the corner i tell it to. Now I'm not sure if the map on Coldborough park farm is actually North up or not.
No North is not up. Its also not courseplay friendly unfortunately. Bizarre things happen when using courseplay :)
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Phantoms wrote:The one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to automatically refill the fertilizer or seeder when they run out during a course. I've tried the way listed in one of the first post of this thread, but it doesn't work. It may be because my courses are completely driven to record them or it may have something to do with Coldborough Farm map.
It may have something to do with the map
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Phantoms wrote:Is it suppose to work the same for the fertilizer?
Yes. the fertilizer (chemical fertilizer only) works the same way as the seeds.

If your seeders don't refill automatically, it could be the way the map maker put it in.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Is there a way to use CP with an augerwagon to refill a manure spreader?