CoursePlay Tutorials

Gazer75

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by Gazer75 »

Have you been able to get the combi mode to work reliably with the Krone Big X in field work mode?
Seems the unload only work when the KBX is driven by a hireling and refuses to work half the time if its set to do fieldwork with Courseplay.
This makes it very limited as there are so many fields that are not square, and require a Courseplay route to harvest.

Another issue I've noticed in combi mode is that the tractor drive directly to the nearest point of the unload route and not the first. At least it skipping the first and maybe second waypoint. Noticed this when I was unloading chaff from field 41 in Bjornholm. Start and end was just outside the gate of the BGA at edge of field 41. Tractor kept aiming for a point inside the BGA and thus hit the fence.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Gazer75 wrote:Have you been able to get the combi mode to work reliably with the Krone Big X in field work mode?
Seems the unload only work when the KBX is driven by a hireling and refuses to work half the time if its set to do fieldwork with Courseplay.
This makes it very limited as there are so many fields that are not square, and require a Courseplay route to harvest.
I think so in my Bjornholme lets play series i think, I could be wrong :)
Another issue I've noticed in combi mode is that the tractor drive directly to the nearest point of the unload route and not the first. At least it skipping the first and maybe second waypoint. Noticed this when I was unloading chaff from field 41 in Bjornholm. Start and end was just outside the gate of the BGA at edge of field 41. Tractor kept aiming for a point inside the BGA and thus hit the fence.
From what I gather the first waypoint isnt actually the first waypoint its a marker. The second waypoint is the first target on the course (strange I know). I have been told that you are supposed to create the first 3 waypoints in a straight line as these are the widest apart and are set as the guide for the course. This is all I know, im not sure if its 100% accurate or if my wording is wrong but its something along those lines.

Hope this helps

TB
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TeaBelly is correct about the start point. You should have 3 points before you make your first turn. Especially if you need something done at the very start. The First point is where the vehicle lines up. The 2nd point starts the tool and begin to lower the tool if applicable. The 3rd markers starts the required action/course.
When you set your course, you will need to watch the start points and adjust when the 3rd one pops up. So when the 2nd and 3rd pops up see where they are and if they are good as is. If not, stop the recording and reset.
Also be sure the activate "Start at first way point" to get a better position of the course after you click on drive course. Also check activate "stop at last point/trigger if you don't need the course to loop. If not, when it gets to the end the vehicle will just wander off on its own and you could get stuck someplace.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I think I have heard that a route with reverse driving has more points. I am playing a course that when I come out of my grain storage I have to make a 90 degree turn and I can't set up a route from the grain storage to the delivery point because the tipper gets stuck. any hints? chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
viper278

Post by viper278 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I think I have heard that a route with reverse driving has more points. I am playing a course that when I come out of my grain storage I have to make a 90 degree turn and I can't set up a route from the grain storage to the delivery point because the tipper gets stuck. any hints? chas
If you can drive it, course play can run it. Going in reverse with a trailer is sometimes problematic depending on the line up and length of trailer.
What map are you talking about and what silo?
Can you post a picture of the scene?
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

finally figured out how to make the turn. coldbourough park farm is the map I am playing right now. it is challenging. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
viper278

Post by viper278 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:finally figured out how to make the turn. coldbourough park farm is the map I am playing right now. it is challenging. chas
Yea Chas.... I have seen videos of that farm. Very tight areas.
Using reverse with a trailer can work a few times but everyone that tried had problems.
Accordingly to the dev's manual, the reverse course should be done without the trailer. Then when the vehicle goes into reverse, the trailer's rear is supposed to follow the course. I have not seen this as the case. I have tried this way and it doesn't work all the time.
The key would be lining up straight and going backwards real slow.
Freestate Farmer

Post by Freestate Farmer »

Hi TB. Where do I see a vid about picking up wheat and when trailer is full, dump at storage and then return to continue picking up?

Thanx
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Freestate Farmer wrote:Hi TB. Where do I see a vid about picking up wheat and when trailer is full, dump at storage and then return to continue picking up?

Thanx
:hi: It is this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i5YP6G ... P1&index=2

:gamer:
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:
Freestate Farmer wrote:Hi TB. Where do I see a vid about picking up wheat and when trailer is full, dump at storage and then return to continue picking up?

Thanx
:hi: It is this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i5YP6G ... P1&index=2

:gamer:
*thumbsup* :)
Freestate Farmer

that post does not want to open in youtube.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Freestate Farmer wrote:that post does not want to open in youtube.
Which posts are you talking about? I clicked on every link here and they all went to youtube.
Freestate Farmer

Sorry. Was my firefox setting messing up. Lets start again. I'm looking for a vid where I pick up straw and dump at storage when full and return where it left off. ( Not seeds)

Thanx
Farmer_Fran

Post by Farmer_Fran »

I'm using courseplay on the states V5 map and the last few courses Ive tried to save have crashed the game. Does anyone think that is a problem with the map or is it a problem with courseplay?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Farmer_Fran wrote:I'm using courseplay on the states V5 map and the last few courses Ive tried to save have crashed the game. Does anyone think that is a problem with the map or is it a problem with courseplay?
I believe it is a courseplay problem. I have had some weird thing happen lately.
For a while now, When I try to delete a course my game locks up. I can make courses, move them to a folder and no problems.
To delete them now is I made a made a delete folder in courseplay. If i make a mistake with a course, I move the course to that folder. When I exit the game, I go into the courseplay.xml file and delete the course manually. In my case my delete folder is "id=42". So I open the file using Notepad ++ and do a search for -- parent="42". That way I don't have to scroll through tons of lines of code. Then I delete the section and click find next.

When this first happened I had about a 10.6 MB size file. Now I am up to 26MB file.
Now I am getting game crashes after about 3-4 hours of play. I am on the same map, same mods over 500 hrs of game just on this map. My longest continuous gameplay without shutting down was 20 hrs. For past 2 weeks now my game does not crash but I can't do a savegame. The way I find my savegame not working is that I have the automapsave mod. A warning will come up stating courseplay could not be saved. The file is copied to the savegameBackup folder. Only about 4 files are listed in the savegame# folder.
I have to restart my computer to clear it.
The log file says out of memory.
My vehicle.xml stops writing the codes up until it gets to the tree locations. It does not write any info of the tree locations.

Also on everyone's log file shows Courseplay loaded 38/38 files. I don't know what this is referencing. I also don't know if there is a limit as to how many courses can be ran at the same time.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this. I tried to search for an answer but I never found an actual answer. Only guesses.