CoursePlay Tutorials

TeaBelly

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi Ty,
Here you go buddy. I hope this is what you was after.

Combines side by side

I hope this helps,

TB
_Ty_

Post by _Ty_ »

TeaBelly wrote:Hi Ty,
Here you go buddy. I hope this is what you was after.

Combines side by side

I hope this helps,

TB
Thank you TB, That seems fairly straight forward, can't wait to give it a go on a large field. I would've been frustrated figuring that out.

It's funny at about 11:30 you went back to turn on the symmetrical for 2 of them. I noticed you didn't initially and was going to ask you about it...hehe.

Great video.
Happy farming

Ty
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi Ty. yes i have a terrible memory. I always forget something :) old age i guess :)

Glad it helped. Take care

TB
isycz

Post by isycz »

@TB ... Episode 3 - you can mow and collect grass in a single pass by attaching a front mower and loading wagon to your tractor. Courseplay will manage both. Add an unload course to your mowing course and it will automatically unload when full and then resume mowing. There is no easy unload point for grass on Coldborough because you have to reverse to unload at the silo. A drive-through silo is desirable. A placeable heap is an option.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

@isycz yes thats how I used to do grass cutting and tbh I didnt mind too much I just wanted to do it a different way. As for not having an easier way. you set the unload point at the BGP (far right of the map) this has a drive through silo. which would make a good money making course as you can sell the silage straight to the BGP using a shovel Course too. Like I said I am trying to mix things up a little on this map so my videos dont look 'samey'. I really appreciate your input as always tho. I did try to give you credit for the autocombine & courseplay (combi self unload) method you mentioned earlier but for the life in me I cannot pronounce your name sorry. Thanks again TB
isycz

Post by isycz »

@TB .. Mixing it up - the bale extension mod will enable grass bales (there are other ways). Attach a baler instead of a loading wagon when mowing. Grass bales are accepted by the feed mixer and can be used to feed grass to animals. Grass bales are also recognised as hay in the feed mixer so can be used in place of hay bales (a slight cheat) for mixed feed. A grass bale can also be wrapped to ferment into silage.

I am not fond of all the new collision objects on the new coldborough map- hedges, gates, trees and so on, so I had not explored the new features much. The new BGA is a big improvement. I toyed with the idea of editing the map to turn off all the collisions, but there are many so I started playing a different map.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

@isycz thanks for the mixing it up bit I may well incorporate some this into my lets play. Thanks :)

I understand where you are coming from in regards to the new collision detection, personally i like it as it ads to the realism. Although it can be a bit frustrating when working the fields .

Whats the different map you are playing? ;)

Cheers TB
isycz

Post by isycz »

@TB .. text editing the map is an easier option so with a little care I have removed all of the hedge and gate collisions. I may revisit the map someday. Realism in a computer game is subjective and is a debate with no end. I am playing Westbridge Forest, an unspectacular map but it suits my current experiment of deploying multiples of equipment for the purpose of increasing productivity. For example, seeding a field with four sowing machines instead of just one.

Two Rivers was a popular map in FS2013. I have taken a brief look at the FS15 version and it looks good, though perhaps a little dated with respect to what is on offer now (I suppose it depends on what you seek in a map)
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

isycz wrote:@TB .. text editing the map is an easier option so with a little care I have removed all of the hedge and gate collisions. I may revisit the map someday. Realism in a computer game is subjective and is a debate with no end. I am playing Westbridge Forest, an unspectacular map but it suits my current experiment of deploying multiples of equipment for the purpose of increasing productivity. For example, seeding a field with four sowing machines instead of just one.

Two Rivers was a popular map in FS2013. I have taken a brief look at the FS15 version and it looks good, though perhaps a little dated with respect to what is on offer now (I suppose it depends on what you seek in a map)

You might want to take a look at Ontario, Canada V2 this map is very large and open and only contains 20 fields. Excellent for Courseplay i think.

http://fs-uk.com/mods/view/36073

Just my 2 penneth :)

Take care

TB
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

what is the 'symmetric lane change'? I am using the lane offset when I plant with the small planter when I do beets and soybeans. I till with the 6m tiller and then plant with the 3m planter with 1.5 left and right offsets and it really works great. I was wondering if the symmetric lane change would get me away from planting with the 1.5 left offset and then planting the field with the 1.5 right offset. one other problem I have with courseplay is in harvesting beets. It stops when the harvester is full but then takes off while unloading into the tipper. I guess that is ok because I am getting better at running the tipper next to the beet harvester. it's a challenge for my aged fingers and mind. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

yes if you use the offset it should be best to use the symmetrical lane change this then should account for the offset on the returning path.

Can you not create a course for your tipper to unload your beat harvester?

TB
viper278

Post by viper278 »

isycz wrote:@TB .. text editing the map is an easier option so with a little care I have removed all of the hedge and gate collisions. I may revisit the map someday. Realism in a computer game is subjective and is a debate with no end. I am playing Westbridge Forest, an unspectacular map but it suits my current experiment of deploying multiples of equipment for the purpose of increasing productivity. For example, seeding a field with four sowing machines instead of just one.

You didn't like the Westbridge Forest map. His v4 has a pretty decent layout and I wanted to do more logging so this map was a good choice. I liked that he installed a lot of the mods I liked and used in other maps.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

thanks for the info on the symmetric lane change. I didn't figure out yet how to dump the beet harvester. I do dump the combine in a tipper on most fields but the beet harvester doesn't have the displays like the combine does. I will try to figure it out. I only use the 8500 tipper for beets still. the combine is working on the grains and I have the planter tractor and the other tractor running the beet harvester at the same time. I am working old ridge farm. have almost a hundred hours now in the farm and courseplay is indispensable doing these small fields. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

chaskuchar1 wrote:thanks for the info on the symmetric lane change. I didn't figure out yet how to dump the beet harvester. I do dump the combine in a tipper on most fields but the beet harvester doesn't have the displays like the combine does. I will try to figure it out. I only use the 8500 tipper for beets still. the combine is working on the grains and I have the planter tractor and the other tractor running the beet harvester at the same time. I am working old ridge farm. have almost a hundred hours now in the farm and courseplay is indispensable doing these small fields. chas
Thats great, yes courseplay makes a big difference
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Hi TB.... I was wondering if you have experienced this.
My map is PV15. When I try to delete a course the courseplay crashes he game. I can make a course and relocate it to a folder.
My courseplay.xml file is only half written. My log file shows no errors that I have noticed.
I had posted this question a few weeks ago but no one answered yet.

Here is the link to the whole situation.
http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=81069

I have to copy the backup savegame courseplay to regain my full courses.
I use automapsave so I don't lose much at all.
I can delete the course from the xml using Notepad++ and when I restart the game, everything works ok. Only when I try to delete is when I crash.
This is the only crash I get now from the game.
The file is now about 10.7MB. Is there a limit to the number of course the file can have.
I did a search but couldn't find a definite answer.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."