CoursePlay Tutorials

Sarge

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by Sarge »

I've had that happen a lot. For me it was simple, the trailer did not activate the unload trigger. I beat the problem with a work around. I put a placeable heap nearby and drive by the heap (no closer than necessary because the heap will grow at first) I go slow enough to be absolutely sure that the unload trigger activates. Then it works. I have not found a way to unload into a bin with a trailer that I have to back up. I did use a Kroeger grain cart. It was just short enough so that I could drive in forward very close to the pile and turn back out just before hitting the far wall. That works but it's not fully automatic because the tractor periodically hits the far wall, and has to be rescued.

In any case if you find a way to do it effectively please share.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
Yasp0

Post by Yasp0 »

I managed to reverse into the storage bin and dump my potatoes. I did the course first without a trailer. Will try to find a video or create one.
Yasp0

Post by Yasp0 »

I recorded two movies.

How to set the course

Drive the course

Hopefully this will help you :)
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

don't know if this is covered before. glenlivet estate comes with several grass fields that you own. could not get the field edge to show so plowed several plow widths in a square. it took about 4 plow widths around the field and finally I got the field edge showing. then I was able to get the rest plowed with courseplay. hope this helps someone else. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Thanks Chas,

I have done that to get the field to show up as well. I wanted to use courseplay to mow the grass and haul it in, but no field edge. So I plowed a wide row around the field, and did a calculate. This gave me the field edge which I saved. Then I planted the grass back over the plowed parts and Voila! I have a grass field that I can use courseplay on.
Al Nixon

BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

When there's an area that I want to mow, I record a course around the outside edge of the area I'll be mowing and then save. No plowing needed. Just try to keep your course line straight
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

When I do that (drive the circumference) I don't know how to save it as a field name. It saves as the course I'm driving but I can't use it for another machine (seemed like) Besides I was just starting out with CP when I did that.
Al Nixon

viper278

Post by viper278 »

Sarge wrote:When I do that (drive the circumference) I don't know how to save it as a field name. It saves as the course I'm driving but I can't use it for another machine (seemed like) Besides I was just starting out with CP when I did that.
When you record a perimeter of an area - that is called a headland. You can save this as a course and I name it as a headland with a # corresponding to a nearby field or area.
Then You select that as a course and use the course generator to make your field course for your mower.
When you select the field generator button, the interface will ask to use current loaded course.

Here is my tutorial for making a field course for mowing to include windrowing and grass pickup.

Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Is there a way to have 1 tractor or truck unload 2 combines working the same field?
On the map I made, I have some very large fields that I like to use 2 combines on and it never fails that eventually the 2 unloading vehicles run into each other
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

Where is the best place to post suggestions, observations, bugs etc for Courseplay? Here or some other thread I haven't found yet?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote:Is there a way to have 1 tractor or truck unload 2 combines working the same field?
On the map I made, I have some very large fields that I like to use 2 combines on and it never fails that eventually the 2 unloading vehicles run into each other
Yes. Set your tipper course starting and ending on the field. Then select auto find combine when selecting which combine to unload. The tipper will find whichever harvester is ready to unload. You can also use 2 tippers this way.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
viper278

Post by viper278 »

slojoeguam wrote:Where is the best place to post suggestions, observations, bugs etc for Courseplay? Here or some other thread I haven't found yet?
This is the best thread for courseplay posts.
AkumaNoKura

Post by AkumaNoKura »

hello.

I just downloaded Courseplay, and I have 2 merged fields on the bjornholm map, the fields are 24 and 29, and I want to harvest/sow/fertilize both (now one) fields at the same time, like you would with an ordinary field, but I can't get it to work, it simply won't register those two merged fields as one.

can you help me, maybe give me a couple tips on how to make this work? I have searched google and youtube, for how to do it, but it only comes up with how you combine an ordinary field, not a merged one.
thanks in advance

Best regards

AkumaNoKura
viper278

Post by viper278 »

AkumaNoKura wrote:hello.

I just downloaded Courseplay, and I have 2 merged fields on the bjornholm map, the fields are 24 and 29, and I want to harvest/sow/fertilize both (now one) fields at the same time, like you would with an ordinary field, but I can't get it to work, it simply won't register those two merged fields as one.

can you help me, maybe give me a couple tips on how to make this work? I have searched google and youtube, for how to do it, but it only comes up with how you combine an ordinary field, not a merged one.
thanks in advance

Best regards

AkumaNoKura
If you selected scan fields when you start you map, it should recognized the combined field. But if you combined and then tried to plant seeds it won't recognize the one field until after the courseplay rescans the fields.

I combined 7 fields on a map and CP did it as one field field.
AkumaNoKura

Post by AkumaNoKura »

viper278 wrote:
AkumaNoKura wrote:hello.

thanks in advance

Best regards

AkumaNoKura
If you selected scan fields when you start you map, it should recognized the combined field. But if you combined and then tried to plant seeds it won't recognize the one field until after the courseplay rescans the fields.

I combined 7 fields on a map and CP did it as one field field.
awesome thanks :D is there a way to rescan fields, without having to quit the game?