CoursePlay Tutorials

viper278

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by viper278 »

I am not 100% sure on this. But I think the scans are done only at the start of session.
Here is a tip though.
If you combine some fields and don't want to restart the session just do your own headland around the combined fields.
You can use the GPS mod to drive straight paths around the field.
save the headland and then with the headland loaded, generate the field course of the combined fields.
You can even make the headland wider than the field so when the vehicle makes its turns it will have enough room to get back to the desired row without skipping spaces in the field as long as there are no obstacles around the field.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
slojoeguam

last point or next trigger

Post by slojoeguam »

Stop at last point or next trigger should be separated into two single choices. I have a bunch of routes where I want a machine to go from A to B and just stop, but it has a refill of some sort in the middle. The way it is now, I have to monitor the equipment until it's past the refill trigger and then turn the last point or next trigger on. If i don't, it just stops right before the trigger and stays there.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

what are you refilling?
To refill between points you just set a Wait point with the blue "P" and it will stop there and wait for you action.
to refill seeds and fertilizer or refuel you drive to the refill point and select the waitpoint while recording, then drive on to your next destinations. When you run the course, it will refill automatically when it stops at the waitpoint. Same goes for refueling.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
slojoeguam

Post by slojoeguam »

The point I was trying to make was that I wanted a course I didn't have to monitor. Right now, if you don't turn the stop at last point on, the machine won't stop at the end of the course but will try and go back to the first waypoint and start all over. If you turn it on before it hits the refill trigger, it just stops right there until again, you tell it to continue. Doing it your way, it will stop at the wait point and not continue until I tell it to do so. If you made the choice just stop at last point, not the either or it is now, the machine could run the course, have as many triggers in the middle that you needed that didn't need to be monitored and then would run to the end and stop, no going back to the beginning again. Other than for starting it, it would be just a hands free course.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

It depends on what you want to refill since you were not specific in that. Not all refills are automatically done through courseplay. So if you state that I can maybe have an answer for you.
As far as stopping at the end, I use A "wait" point and stop. So you don't have to have the stop at last point active.
Before you end the recording of the course, select the "P" and then the vehicle will stop and the end and not continue even though you don't have the "Stop at End point" = Active"
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi everyone, I have added a new tutorial that has been requested by a lot of people Chaff to Silo. I hope you find this tutorial helpful. I have added it to the list on the first post.

If anyone is interested, I will starting a new Let's Play series on Black Rock Valley shortly which you can follow via my YouTube Channel, I will be using a lot of CoursePlay methods as I play this map. Thanks again to everyone for your support.

Cheers TB
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

TeaBelly wrote:Hi everyone, I have added a new tutorial that has been requested by a lot of people Chaff to Silo. I hope you find this tutorial helpful. I have added it to the list on the first post.

If anyone is interested, I will starting a new Let's Play series on Black Rock Valley shortly which you can follow via my YouTube Channel, I will be using a lot of CoursePlay methods as I play this map. Thanks again to everyone for your support.

Cheers TB

Sweet! I'll be watching.

You wouldn't know if there is a way to make my combines do an outside turn? For example, if I am harvesting a square headland counterclockwise (normally turning left), they miss big spots trying to make that left turn constantly. What I want them to do is turn right and loop around, keeping my headland square. Other than manually recording the whole course, I don't think I can do it.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
TeaBelly wrote:Hi everyone, I have added a new tutorial that has been requested by a lot of people Chaff to Silo. I hope you find this tutorial helpful. I have added it to the list on the first post.

Cheers TB

Sweet! I'll be watching.

You wouldn't know if there is a way to make my combines do an outside turn? For example, if I am harvesting a square headland counterclockwise (normally turning left), they miss big spots trying to make that left turn constantly. What I want them to do is turn right and loop around, keeping my headland square. Other than manually recording the whole course, I don't think I can do it.
Hi,
I'm not sure you can without getting any loss. You could try using 'AutoCombine' mod for your combine work. It works really great with harvesting fields, it also works well with CoursePlay. Just my thoughts.

TB
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

TeaBelly wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure you can without getting any loss. You could try using 'AutoCombine' mod for your combine work. It works really great with harvesting fields, it also works well with CoursePlay. Just my thoughts.

TB

Oh well, didn't think there was. I currently harvest manually using Followme + Courseplay to unload so I'll stick with that.

Happy farming!
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
viper278

Post by viper278 »

ChiefScotty420 wrote:
TeaBelly wrote:
Hi,

TB

Oh well, didn't think there was. I currently harvest manually using Followme + Courseplay to unload so I'll stick with that.

Happy farming!
Remake a new headland by creating one yourself.
Drive past the field edge by a couple of lengths depending on the cutter width (barring any obstacles). That way when the combine turns and lines up with the next lane it will have enough turning space to return inline.
Someone told me about this method while using the GPS mod and the harvester was missing a lot of the crop. He suggested I do a headland and then run the GPS mod. It worked very well and collected all the crops. So it should work for the Courseplay also.
When you do a headland - keep that course loaded and then create a field course. The created course will follow your new course. If you create the new course and have the headland selected to run, it may or may not get all the crops. I would try just the up and down course to see and if any is missed try it with the headland enabled.
Save your headland course before generating a new field course so you can redo the field course.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:
Remake a new headland by creating one yourself.
Drive past the field edge by a couple of lengths depending on the cutter width (barring any obstacles). That way when the combine turns and lines up with the next lane it will have enough turning space to return inline.
Someone told me about this method while using the GPS mod and the harvester was missing a lot of the crop. He suggested I do a headland and then run the GPS mod. It worked very well and collected all the crops. So it should work for the Courseplay also.
When you do a headland - keep that course loaded and then create a field course. The created course will follow your new course. If you create the new course and have the headland selected to run, it may or may not get all the crops. I would try just the up and down course to see and if any is missed try it with the headland enabled.
Save your headland course before generating a new field course so you can redo the field course.
Think using Autocombine is easier and more efficient ;)
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

been getting a little experience editing courseplay routes. just minor changes when my route doesn't work quite right. I have been playing uk maps with narrow roads and gates. a route with 400 waypoints is difficult to rerun time and time again when the problem is only one hangup for example. it's been working successfully on long routes. short routes, I just rerun them but some long routes take ten minutes to set up.

still trying to find out how crosspoints work. for example, I can run a long route circling the map. I can put crosspoints at each point that intersects the main route. can I then come into the route at a crosspoint and then exit at another point? for example, hauling grain from the combine to the silo and back again with crosspoints. or hauling grain from the silo to various points of delivery? I think that is my next period of education... haven't seen any videos explaining that. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
viper278

Post by viper278 »

I have been searching for that very same activity. I haven't found any vids or text for this answer. The only crossroads answer I have found was to going from a field to the farm using the main loop as an appended route
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

chaskuchar1 wrote:still trying to find out how crosspoints work. for example, I can run a long route circling the map. I can put crosspoints at each point that intersects the main route. can I then come into the route at a crosspoint and then exit at another point?
Hi Chas,
I think this is how they are supposed to work although I have not had any look with them myself. I tend to stick to the shorter courses myself, as you said it can be a pain trying to redo a long course.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I've searched this thread and I've looked in the manual. (not real close) but cannot find anything about multiplay. So
does that mean 1. It does not work in multiplay, 2. no one has tried it successfully in multiplay 3. It works but no one likes it in multiplay.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop