Post by Skullblits »

Is that the one that plants corn?

Ive reported it as a bug.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
PsychoFarmer

Re: Console general Q&A game play. Work in progress

Post by PsychoFarmer »

Getting rid of any bits of the tree I don't want are on the floor or those that decide to stick out the ground at odd angles I take the chainsaw to them till they disappear find it easier than using the grinder
Console: PS4 FS19 Felsbrunn ... UK
tlb84

Post by tlb84 »

Skullblits wrote:Is that the one that plants corn?

Ive reported it as a bug.
No, it was the one for planting wheat. I did some more trials, and have concluded that it is any tractor that is pulling any sower or cultivator with a long neck. Again it's worst if you start from the left side of the field than the right. I went back to check the bug list (don't know why I didn't do that first) and saw several people list it. So hopefully it gets patched in the next update.
KINGM98B

Post by KINGM98B »

Mods aren't what interest me, I'd like to see more equipment and maps, and maybe a little more depth such as able to breed cattle for sales and you have to deliver the milk yourself and so on, just random small things that would make the game better. Oh and I'd love to see the ability to add fences in the game
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

The iPad FS 2014 has fences and you have to deliver milk to get money just as we do with wool except that you can take it to any of the dump places for the best price. The fences get in the way of the machinery making most fields mostly useless for hired workers. I may try headlands now that I've learned about that.

I've been traveling in South Dakota this week and find that I'm gazing at farm equipment along the road more since playing FS. I also saw a small field that they had headlanded to rows of straw to dry out. How long does it have to dry with no rain? I passed the field a few days with no change, though it rained one of the evenings.

Geo
captainwow

Post by captainwow »

maytrix wrote:Q: If I combine two fields that cross an active road, will the traffic keep driving on the plowed road?

A: Yes - don't combine fields over an active roadway. If you do this however and want to set it back, just plant grass, the road will re-appear where it was.

EDIT - The road will appear at first - but as time goes on, grass will grow on it... very odd - you still see the road underneath..
I ran into this problem on FS13, one day i accidentally discovered that if you run a cultivator over the grass growing out of a roadway it gets rid of the grass and it wont grow back. Haven't tried it out on FS15 yet, will post back conformation when i do

Hope this helps
A Fluffy Farm

Post by A Fluffy Farm »

The cultivator does not remove grass in fs 15. Not sure how to get rid of grass land without plowing it up. Also both types of bales have the same amount in them 4000 lrs
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

A Fluffy Farm wrote:The cultivator does not remove grass in fs 15. Not sure how to get rid of grass land without plowing it up. Also both types of bales have the same amount in them 4000 lrs
No choice but to plow. It's the only way to remove grass.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
SFG Scuba Steve

Post by SFG Scuba Steve »

We're can I get a list of all the grains including pictures
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

SFG Scuba Steve wrote:We're can I get a list of all the grains including pictures
Your PDA shows all that information.
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
captainwow

Re: Console general Q&A game play.

Post by captainwow »

The bale limit is 100 right? is that total for squares and round or is it 100 of each?
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

captainwow wrote:The bale limit is 100 right? is that total for squares and round or is it 100 of each?
Total i believe, aswell as pellet stuff, wool and sapling boxes.

PS4 user
captainwow

Post by captainwow »

i discovered you can empty a feed wagon into a front loader bucket the other day if yo position the bucket under the chute. Wanted to clear out the last of the silage in the cattle yard to get ready for the harvest and my feed troughs were full. Used the jcb telehandler to fill the feed wagon and hitched them up. With a full bucket that was about 22000 of silage. drove down to the biogas plant and unloaded them into the JCB front end loader bucket and sold the silage. Its a handy!

Also if there was a bale spike attachment for the front end loaders i wouldnt need the telehandler at all!
captainwow

Post by captainwow »

Thanks Skull thats what i figured
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

captainwow wrote:Thanks Skull thats what i figured
Its being increased to 200 in the patch. But its for next gen only i think

PS4 user