Console General Q&A/Gameplay Tips.

Skullblits

Console General Q&A/Gameplay Tips.

Post by Skullblits »

Hello farmers,

Here is some answers to frequently asked questions regarding gameplay on the consoles. There is also some handy tips as well.

Its to try and cut down on the number of repeat topic's. As we share this forum with are PC friends. Also to tidy it up abit.

Feel free to post handy tips or ask a question if you can't find an answer. Hope you find this helpful.

************************************************************************************************************************

How to create fields. On console.

Created by Delta :hi:

Here's my creating fields tutorial for consoles its by no means perfect I'm using the standard xbox mic but I hope it helps anyone that needs it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3JxJPejyAM

************************************************************************************************************************
You can Not download and use mods on the consoles.

You can use most Steering wheels for the XboxOne/PS4 versions. Steering wheels and the controller can work simultaneously.

Tip: If You can fill your potato planters from the conveyer at the back of the potato shed or from the conveyer of the potato harvester, so your seed potatoes will then cost you nothing, which drastically reduces establishment costs.

Tip: If playing on medium difficulty and intend to do potatoes then DONT sell the potatoes you start with in the shed, if on hard difficulty, after your first crop and when selling them always retain 10000L to 20000L for replanting purposes.

If your looking for online friends to play with. Post here
http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=832

Slow hired help? You need to take control of the vehicle. Enable cruise control. L1, R1 + Square (play station ) RB, LB, X ( Xbox )
Raise the speed with, Left joy stick. UP = Increase. DOWN = Decrease.
That should fix it

Trees take 11 days to grow. They are Fir Trees ( no branches )
The scorpion king can only cut down theses trees.
Sapling are bought at the garden center, 20 saplings per box. These can be stored on theflat bed trailer, in baler technology. You'll need a pallet fork to load them
Also you can plant trees anywhere on the map. But avoid hilly grounds. Avoid roads that A.I Traffic use. They will ruin your lift if a tree you cut down falls in there path

If you have a bug please post here. Also find out what is being work on the 1st post.
http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 68&t=82398

When buying equipment. Make sure your tractor is powerful enough to use it.
If you open the shop. Triangle (play station ) Y (xbox)
Looking at the equipment will tell you. HP requirements. If your tractor is under powered it will make things go slow

Tip: If you are using the disc version of the game on 360 or ps3 try installing the game to your hard drive. In result the console is pulling resources from both the disc and hard drive can make the game run smoother.

When your worker is getting stuck in the combine on objects or stopping on odd shaped fields take the headleads (field perimeter)off first either 1 or 2 header widths all the way around your field. this will help with A.I. navigation. The same thing applys to seeders/cultivaters/plows.
If your worker is missing bits when sowing with the Vaderstad Rapid A 600s use the Duetz Fahr 7250 TTV or smaller tractors with enough hp. I find the Duetz to be the best.

Hired workers will not mow grass or perform any mowing related task mixed ration cannot be stored anywhere though you can have some premade in your mixers to refill the troughs when they run out.
You can turn the minimap and auto help HUD off in the settings menu.
You can attach multiple Brantner E 8041, kroeger agroliner HKD 302, and Fliegl TMK 266 Bull together. Also if you find your tractor cant attach. Put a weight on the back

Useful video for the above.https://youtu.be/3w4RBwN5u50

There is no yeild difference between spraying, fertilizing, manure spreading or slurry spreading. Spraying grass does nothing.
Not only do you get slurry from cows. You get it from selling silage at the biogas plant its stored in the big round blue tanker.
To join/connect fields you must activate the "allow create fields" option(Xbox LB+Y). ( L1, triangle PS) To fix a field back just seed the area you want with grass. However once you seed grass the only way to get your field back is by using this option.
Silage bunkers must be filled at least 10% and compacted 100% before they can be blanketed.
There is a 100 bale/palet limit on Xbox 360 & PS3.
There is a 200 bale/palet limit on XboxOne & PS4.

Default trees do not grow back.
Tip: you can use the stump grinder to get rid of small tree tops laying on the ground the right angle can be tricky to get. You must position the grinder at one of the tree/branch ends then move it till you see the wood chips flying animation and hold it there. Like I said it can be tricky at first but once you figure out the sweet spot its easy.
Sheep don't use the Total Mixed Ration just give them grass.
Press select on Xbox to switch between attached implements. Which one you have selected is displayed in the bottom right HUD.
For PS4 it the big black button. L1 triangle to change seed type. LB Y for xbox.

If you are using the largest headers for the harvesters, they have a built in trailer. You must select the header then push lb+a(Xbox) L1+x(PS) to fold or unfold the wheels and hitch on the header.

Remember to turn automatic help on when your at the silage bunkers

Hay/straw cannot be stored. But it can be baled. Straw bales can be shredded and sprayed as cow bedding ( requirement to have cows produce solid manure) with the Kuhn Primor 3570 under feeding technology

Milk from cows is automatically sold. Everyday at midnight

Also although you may buy a million animals, not all will show up, in the fields. Not too fear they are all providing

• You can use any of the harvesters with any of the headers, regardless of brands (with the exception of the Krone).
  • You can use both the New Holland and Stoll front loaders on the NH T4.75 - not a big deal, but I have two of the latter and nice to make them look a little different!
  • Only just realised that if you have a bale sticking out of the square baler, resetting it to the farm leaves the bale behind, so effectively ejecting it. This might well be something that everyone knows about/same on FS13, but I've only just found it, which made me happy! :D

Tree comparisons, 5 stages, 4 distinct growth stages post planting

Special thanks to, Delta. b101uk, cedricthecat for helping :hi:
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
Delta

Re: Console general Q&A game play.

Post by Delta »

if you are using the disc version of the game on 360 or ps3 try installing the game to your hard drive. In result the console is pulling resources from both the disc and hard drive can make the game run smoother.

When your worker is getting stuck in combine or stopping on odd shaped fields take a headland or 2 off first this will help with a.I navigation.

I'll post more as I think of them. Most could pertain to all consoles and I'm sure you got them down already Like having enough HP to run your implement.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Delta

Re: Console general Q&A game play. Work in progress

Post by Delta »

Hired workers will not mow grass or perform any mowing related tasks.

Total Mixed Ration cannot be stored anywhere though you can have some premade to refill the trough when it runs out.

You can turn the minimap and auto help HUD off in the settings menu.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Delta

Post by Delta »

There is no yeild difference between spraying, fertilizing, manure spreading or slurry spreading. Spraying grass does nothing.

To join/connect fields you must activate the "allow create fields" option(Xbox LB+Y). To fix a field back just seed the area you want with grass. However once you seed grass the only way to get your field back is by using this option.

Silage bunkers must be filled at least 15% before they can be blanketed.

There is currently a 100 bale limit but will be increased to 200 on Xbox One and PS4.

Default trees do not grow back.

Tip: you can use the stump grinder to get rid of small tree tops laying on the ground the right angle can be tricky to get. You must position the grinder at one of the tree/branch ends then move it till you see the wood chips flying animation and hold it there. Like I said it can be tricky at first but once you figure out the sweet spot its easy.

Sheep don't use the Total Mixed Ration just give them grass.

Press select on Xbox to switch between attached implements. Which one you have selected is displayed in the bottom right HUD.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Jacobyte

Re: Hired workers

Post by Jacobyte »

AdL0088 wrote:On my xbox one i play farming sim 15 and i cant find anything on why when i hire a worker he works at 0mp or 1mph i have been told that if i cruise control first then hire it will work at normall speed however it doesnt work anymore please tell me why or how to increase the speed?
Push forward to increase cruise control speed and pull back reduces speed using LEFT thumbstick
This method works on Ps4 for me. *thumbsup*
maytrix

Post by maytrix »

Q: If I combine two fields that cross an active road, will the traffic keep driving on the plowed road?

A: Yes - don't combine fields over an active roadway. If you do this however and want to set it back, just plant grass, the road will re-appear where it was.

EDIT - The road will appear at first - but as time goes on, grass will grow on it... very odd - you still see the road underneath..
tlb84

Post by tlb84 »

I have noticed that if a sowing machine runs out of seed while a hired hand is running it. It will continue to plant while withdrawing money from your farm account until it is finished with that field.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

tlb84 wrote:I have noticed that if a sowing machine runs out of seed while a hired hand is running it. It will continue to plant while withdrawing money from your farm account until it is finished with that field.
Yea and the sprayer. I found it out the hrd way. Cost me about 100k lol

PS4 user
tlb84

Post by tlb84 »

I'm about to start getting into straw and hay bales on my farm. Is there a difference between choosing round or square bales, and should I choose a telehandler or a front loader? I also downloaded the JCB dlc, and was wondering if the skid steer is any good? Was planning on using it as a forklift and for my future logging outfit to remove stumps, and pickup small debris for the chipper.
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Dunno about your other questions.
But square bales are easy to do and ultimately quicker.

PS4 user
General Grimm
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by General Grimm »

tlb84 wrote:I'm about to start getting into straw and hay bales on my farm. Is there a difference between choosing round or square bales, and should I choose a telehandler or a front loader? I also downloaded the JCB dlc, and was wondering if the skid steer is any good? Was planning on using it as a forklift and for my future logging outfit to remove stumps, and pickup small debris for the chipper.
Square bales work best

Skidsteer has very touchy steering at low speed

Bale spike is not very good for skidsteer

Telehandler is best for reaching stacked bales

Word of caution trees dont mix well with log bucket for skidsteer. Also its reach is insufficient for loading the semi or itrunner log top unless its on the ground. Plus side is the stump grinder
KINGM98B

Post by KINGM98B »

Be careful when upgrading vehicles, I went and bought 2 TMK 266 BULL Tippers just to find out that the pipe on the Comia C6 harvester doesn't go over the top of it to fill it up
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

maytrix wrote:Q: If I combine two fields that cross an active road, will the traffic keep driving on the plowed road?

A: Yes - don't combine fields over an active roadway. If you do this however and want to set it back, just plant grass, the road will re-appear where it was.

EDIT - The road will appear at first - but as time goes on, grass will grow on it... very odd - you still see the road underneath..
If you want to plow across a road, place some machinery across the end of it to block vehicles, I buy cheap tippers to do this.
After a while the game will stop spawning traffic in that area if it is blocked.
I know that dirt roads can be plowed, have not tried paved roads yet.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Kevswindle

Post by Kevswindle »

Still can't enjoy the multiplayer aspect on Xbox one because it continually says no connection could be established to the multiplayer game and I know this is not down to my connection as I have spent countless hours with Xbox support and digging through router settings and nothing works this is something that needs fixing multiplayer is the entire reason I bought this game
tlb84

Post by tlb84 »

General Grimm wrote:
tlb84 wrote:I'm about to start getting into straw and hay bales on my farm. Is there a difference between choosing round or square bales, and should I choose a telehandler or a front loader? I also downloaded the JCB dlc, and was wondering if the skid steer is any good? Was planning on using it as a forklift and for my future logging outfit to remove stumps, and pickup small debris for the chipper.
Square bales work best

Skidsteer has very touchy steering at low speed

Bale spike is not very good for skidsteer

Telehandler is best for reaching stacked bales

Word of caution trees dont mix well with log bucket for skidsteer. Also its reach is insufficient for loading the semi or itrunner log top unless its on the ground. Plus side is the stump grinder
Skullblits wrote:Dunno about your other questions.
But square bales are easy to do and ultimately quicker.
Thanks for the information, it has really help me ease my way into the baling aspect of the game.

On a different note, has anybody notice on the Xbox ONE version. If your hired help starts on the right side of a field while sowing. That their tractor will make a sharper turn at the fields end, than if they had started from the left side. I don't know if it's a bug or not. All I know is if your helper starts on the left, nearly every row will have some ground left unplanted. While starting from the right will leave little to none unplanted ground. First I thought it was the tractor ( Smarttrax with Horsch sower), but I then tried it with my Magnum 380 with the Horsch sower, and ended up with the same results.