Console General Q&A/Gameplay Tips.

Dragon1371

Re: Console general Q&A game play.

Post by Dragon1371 »

thanks gnasher did not know there was that option and it is lb/rb+y
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

On 360, hold both bumpers down while the harvester is selected and then it's Y for straw swath. If you harvest canola it turns it off and then you have to run the harvester on a wheat or barley crop just enough for it to acknowledge what crop you're harvesting before the option to turn it back on is available.
Playing on PC
Andyc709292

Post by Andyc709292 »

Interesting fact about Canola straw, basically it's sticks.

Scroll back some 15+ years and in the UK we started growing the stuff, great subsidies for doing so. But what to do with the leftover straw?

First field we got a rake on the front of a loader and scraped it into a big pile. Then my Step-Dad tried to set fire to it, click, click, click.... Wooosh!
Comedy moment as he singed eyebrows etc, you see, it's full of oil!

So, from then on we baled it and used it in a straw burner water heater in one of the farm houses - it's great stuff for that as a couple of bales in the morning and it's near instant hot water. Marvelous.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Andyc709292 wrote:Interesting fact about Canola straw, basically it's sticks.

Scroll back some 15+ years and in the UK we started growing the stuff, great subsidies for doing so. But what to do with the leftover straw?

First field we got a rake on the front of a loader and scraped it into a big pile. Then my Step-Dad tried to set fire to it, click, click, click.... Wooosh!
Comedy moment as he singed eyebrows etc, you see, it's full of oil!

So, from then on we baled it and used it in a straw burner water heater in one of the farm houses - it's great stuff for that as a couple of bales in the morning and it's near instant hot water. Marvelous.
That's a hilarious story and definitely a sight to see.
Andyc709292

Post by Andyc709292 »

It certainly was, we had a few of these piles, huge they were too.... Seemed such a good idea at first.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

I am new to gaming. Can I play this game on my computer? I am 68 years old and this will be the only gaming I will do. If I can use my computer, what type of controller would I buy? Once I begin the game, can I put it on "hold" so I don't have to attend to farming for a couple weeks?. Once I buy the game, do I have to keep buying "mods"(a term I have heard on several sites)? Many thanks.
Delta

Post by Delta »

Smudge wrote:I am new to gaming. Can I play this game on my computer? I am 68 years old and this will be the only gaming I will do. If I can use my computer, what type of controller would I buy? Once I begin the game, can I put it on "hold" so I don't have to attend to farming for a couple weeks?. Once I buy the game, do I have to keep buying "mods"(a term I have heard on several sites)? Many thanks.
Hello, welcome to the forums.
Yes you can play on PC as long as you have the required PC specs. You can use an Xbox controller, or a steering wheel, or keyboard and mouse it depends on you and how much money you wanna spend. Once you start the game you can save it and quit anytime you want. Mods are free their user created content. DLC is official content from Giants that you pay for.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

delta420 wrote:
Smudge wrote:I am new to gaming. Can I play this game on my computer? I am 68 years old and this will be the only gaming I will do. If I can use my computer, what type of controller would I buy? Once I begin the game, can I put it on "hold" so I don't have to attend to farming for a couple weeks?. Once I buy the game, do I have to keep buying "mods"(a term I have heard on several sites)? Many thanks.
Hello, welcome to the forums.
Yes you can play on PC as long as you have the required PC specs. You can use an Xbox controller, or a steering wheel, or keyboard and mouse it depends on you and how much money you wanna spend. Once you start the game you can save it and quit anytime you want. Mods are free their user created content. DLC is official content from Giants that you pay for.
Many thanks. That was so quick a response. I am on a Mac, so I believe from what I have read, it is OK. I expect that the download will identify what specs I need, so thanks again.
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

Welcome to the forum Smudge. You can find the specs for Mac here: http://www.landwirtschafts-simulator.de ... hp?lang=en
System Requirements Mac Version (*)

Mac OS X 10.7.1, 10.8.1, 10.9.1 or 10.10.1
2.0 GHz cpu or better
Nvidia Geforce 8600, ATI Radeon HD 2600 or better (min 512 MB VRAM)
2 GB RAM
3 GB free hard drive space
DVD-ROM Drive
(*) General information: These system requirements can't cover all possible system configurations so issues could occur that avoid or influence the functionality in some cases.
You don't need a DVD-ROM Drive because the Mac-Version is for download only. I would recommend to buy directly from Giants, because otherwise you will have to wait for updates until apple check them and put them to the app store. For FS 2013 the latest patch didn't find his way to the app store, so you could get it only for the download version directly from giants.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
The_Big_JC

Post by The_Big_JC »

I found out by accident that if you have a least one "full" bale in the square baler that you can dump it when turn off the baler I forget how to do it ATM but it's possible, and I don't know who else said this and I'm too lazy to search through all the pages to see
Derping on the PS4
oOUnknownUserOo

Post by oOUnknownUserOo »

Question about the Console game play & patches;

I see there was a revised patch just released 1.4.1 for the PC, does the PS4 / Xbox1 receive the same content patches, and if so when will the PS4/ Xbox1 be patched with these changes?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

oOUnknownUserOo wrote:Question about the Console game play & patches;

I see there was a revised patch just released 1.4.1 for the PC, does the PS4 / Xbox1 receive the same content patches, and if so when will the PS4/ Xbox1 be patched with these changes?
theres no date for pactches on consoles, you'll find out when the game downloads it for you automatically. Should be very soon i'd imagine
crash

Post by crash »

Hi, new on the forum, but has played FS since 2011 on pc, currently playing FS15 on ps4(note to self; buy new pc..) But i like the fact that i can turn on the ps4 and it works, everytime.. Also easyier to play with the controller IMO:) anyways;

Any other way than using the loader and bucket that holds 6400l to get the silage in the biogasplant from the pit to the hopper? On console, and easy difficult the operation gives gooood money, 20.400K for each 6400l bucket load. But it takes a lot of time to empty a pit..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

crash wrote:Hi, new on the forum, but has played FS since 2011 on pc, currently playing FS15 on ps4(note to self; buy new pc..) But i like the fact that i can turn on the ps4 and it works, everytime.. Also easyier to play with the controller IMO:) anyways;

Any other way than using the loader and bucket that holds 6400l to get the silage in the biogasplant from the pit to the hopper? On console, and easy difficult the operation gives gooood money, 20.400K for each 6400l bucket load. But it takes a lot of time to empty a pit..
Don't you still have the 20000l limit at the collection bins on PS4? If so, that's four loads before you've reached it.

I use the small front loader that holds 1860l and can reach that limit pretty quickly (I've learned to operate the tractor/loader controls pretty efficiently). I try to only fill the two nearest silos so that I'm not trying to run a far way to grab the silage.
Playing on PC
crash

Post by crash »

If you speed up the time it emptys almost as fast as you fill it. So you can do 140loads in one go if you like. it takes 3-4 hours :lol: I use the pit that is in a straight line from the hopper, just drive to the hopper and reverse into the pit and fill the bucket again *thumbsup*
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway