Forestry problems

Cajunwolf

Re: Forestry problems

Post by Cajunwolf »

Hold down both mouse buttons, pull downward to open, and push upward to close.
44MagnuM

Post by 44MagnuM »

Figured it out !
FlyboyUtah

Post by FlyboyUtah »

I'm on a Mac and can't find any keyboard control for opening and closing the grapple either. (Makes it hard to pick up a log) I did notice that when your using the mouse to control the crane for other functions, it looks like it may be set up for a 3-button mouse There is a graphic is for a center button which implies a 3-button mouse.
Does anyone know where there is info on keyboard mapping using the Mac desktop for the FS 17? Or where any instuctions for the Mac at all?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

the grapple can be opend and closed or turned by pressing BOTH mouse keys parallel.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

FlyboyUtah wrote:I'm on a Mac and can't find any keyboard control for opening and closing the grapple either. (Makes it hard to pick up a log) I did notice that when your using the mouse to control the crane for other functions, it looks like it may be set up for a 3-button mouse There is a graphic is for a center button which implies a 3-button mouse.
Does anyone know where there is info on keyboard mapping using the Mac desktop for the FS 17? Or where any instuctions for the Mac at all?
Yes, it's setup for a 3 button mouse, but you should be able to remap it via the options menu, or manually in the inputBinding.xml file in the same directory as your savegames and mods go, or My Documents\My Games on Windows. As mentioned above by myself and others, you hold down both mouse buttons in Windows.
FlyboyUtah

Post by FlyboyUtah »

Thanks Cajunwolf, I'll check out the inputBinding.xml.
I did find a 'work around' for the grapple control on the keyboard (trail and error)

Rotate Grapper - SHIFT CNTRL N , SHIFT CNTRL J [or using mouse Left button X + , Right Button X- ]
Open/Close Grapper SHIFT CNTRL K , SHIFT CNTRL [or using mouse Left button Y + , Right Button Y- ]

ALSO I found a good place for some more mac 'hints' . Open your Mac's App store app, open FS 17 page. Upper right corner of screen 'Farming Simulator 17 Support' (Gives compatible? controllers for mac?)