Saitek Precision Control System no longer available

W1der

Re: Saitek Precision Control System no longer available

Post by W1der »

JTaylor801 wrote:Google found this...

http://www.saitek.com/manuals/Farm-Sim-SetUp-Sheets.pdf
I would suggest to spend the time setting it up on your own ... according to your own liking ... this way, you will learn the commands "by heart".
As I was looking at this setup I found it very far from how I set mine up ... this one doesn´t even make sense to me (in so many ways)! :lol:
(Is this the original way Giants/Saitek set this thing up?)

First thing that struck me ... run and jump should be bound to the left and right stick (click) ...
Crouch and "activate hand tool" should be on the buttons on the back of the wheel ...

Rotate hand tool should be on the left and right arrow ... (not on the pedals!!!)

I grouped the implement controls on the yellow buttons together with the green (wich are used to start the implement and lower it).
I set the red button on the joystick as "X" (implement function 2")

Blue buttons for lights ... (however beacons is the top orange button on the right)

Orange buttons for other functions such as camera, toggle map, send train etc ...

Purple buttons for GPS functions ...

In the Misch menus you can change the help icons to show the "game pad" instructions instead ... that should help you!
Last edited by W1der on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

Dilani wrote:As someone lucky enough to score a wheel and side panel when Amazon dropped the price the other day, is there a thread or anything that can help me to navigate this bewildering array of buttons? I could go through the controls and write everything down, but if it's already out there I'd rather not invest that time when I could be farming.
Take a look at my previous post ... :this:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

It's a shame that it is temporarily out of stock: https://www.amazon.com/Saitek-Farming-S ... B010FP5KI6
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Kruutmoes

Post by Kruutmoes »

Perhaps it will return to the store bundled with FS17?

I got mine in November 2015 bundled with the game on DVD.
Jd1983

Post by Jd1983 »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M0CIN ... ref=plSrch

Pre-order is available for the new Logitch G Saitek Farm Sim Controller on Amazon as of 10/20/16.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Jd1983 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M0CIN ... ref=plSrch

Pre-order is available for the new Logitch G Saitek Farm Sim Controller on Amazon as of 10/20/16.
Oh ... the "new" ... why is that an old picture then ... :zunge:
All those lines between the buttons, on the side panel, does not exist any more ... there is only a line between the purple group and the orange group .. and one between the blue and green groups ... :mrgreen:

Besides that ... I wonder if Logitech is going to make any changes on it ... :hmm:
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I'll bet everyone here Logitech releases it shortly after the release of FS17, it would be in their best interest to do so, and I wouldn't be surprised if Giants requested that they do so, for obvious reasons.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

The only difference I saw, was the logo by the wheels and pedals is green, whereas the other is black or something. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

The only problem I have with Saitek is that they are cheap, and break often, and I hope Logitech puts a little quality control into the product. I've been through many of Saitek joysticks. I almost bought this controller when I bought the game near a year ago now, almost wish I had, but will now wait to see how well it works before buying one myself; after all, I've gotten quite proficient with the mouse and KB.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Cajunwolf wrote:I've gotten quite proficient with the mouse and KB.
Agreed, it's always good with just the ol' Mouse and Keyboard indeed! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

When selling off silage, I can run the Liebherr with the 6400 bucket so fast with mouse and KB that I over flow the bins and have to wait for them to grind it down enough for another scoop. ;-)
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Cajunwolf wrote:When selling off silage, I can run the Liebherr with the 6400 bucket so fast with mouse and KB that I over flow the bins and have to wait for them to grind it down enough for another scoop. ;-)
:lol: I do the exact same thing! I always have to speed up time to be able to grind all of the silage I had, but ended up losing more of the value because I had to sell so much with time increased. :)

How to post your log.txt
SophiaL

Post by SophiaL »

It supposed to be discontinued due to lack of quality and bad sales the way i heard it.
Just try to find a secondhand G27 and you have the best weel for the money. G29/920 is just toyish rebadge of G27 but adjusted to console rather than PC with shifter as optional purchas and only basic drives unlike G25/27 that had extensive adjutment in the driver even if 29/920 just only now has the "combined axis" option added.
For new look at Thrustmasters, very good products and i dont regret replacing my dead G25 with a T500RS and 599XX Wheel rather than the toy 29/920.
For games where FFB is good/working you dont want the inprecice notchoy geardriven Logitech using when you tried the smooth beltdriven from Thrustmasters that use it. It will only get worse with time and wear of the gears besides the noise it makes.
Last edited by SophiaL on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

SophiaL wrote:It supposed to be discontinued due to lack of quality and bad sales the way i heard it.
I kinda though so... :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Interesting, I pre-ordered mine like 3 weeks ago maybe? At the time it said not released, so after ordering I kind of forgot about it because I figured it would be awhile, but it showed up Friday out of the blue. My youngest son went to order one last night, and it's still a pre-order with not released? What gives with that? And mines a Saitek, not Logitech, hummmm. I'm thinking that perhaps they sent me an old Saitek they had in stock somewhere?