1 day in game = how many days IRL?

W1der

1 day in game = how many days IRL?

Post by W1der »

I was just looking at a YT video of the latest fact sheet where the creator of the video pointed out the maintenance cost was 5EUR / day for a "bucket".

I never really thought about this before but ...
As it only takes a few days for a field to get ready to harvest in FS15 ... How many days/weeks/months would this be IRL?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cr41g_1965

Re: 1 day in game = how many days IRL?

Post by cr41g_1965 »

in my opion... a day.. or growth cycle would vary on the crop...but we gotta be talking say 2 to 3 months

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

It depends on where you are. Here in western Canada, the growing season is about 5 months (140-150 days) on average, though Ms Nature likes to play her games. (There are a couple of centimetres of snow on the ground right now.)
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I think he was asking about the game time scale, which I don't fully understand myself, and the relationship between a "days cost" for an item, and this time scale. Indeed, when set on say 5, the crops are ready in days, so how are "days cost" calculated in comparison? From the looks of things, and my tally sheets, the days cost are calculated every 24 hour period, so if crops are growing at an advanced rate, compared to real life where cost would go for months along with the crops, the simulated game cost are not proportionally real to real life cost.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

The way I understand it.... crops grow in one game solar / lunar cycle (a day) it doesnt matter if you set the game speed to 1 or 120... the only thing that affects the crop growth is whether you select FAST, NORMAL or LONG...

So to me... costs would be proportional to this DAY cycle which in theory could take from 2 to 5 months (western Canada...lol)

So the costs for all items, gas, fertilizer, hired workers, BUCKETS...lol etc. etc. should be more representative of the two to 5 month cost.. in a day cycle

Hopefully I am explaining this correctly without actually having to resort to math... :wink3:

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Like @Mythtaken said, depends. In Iowa, we plant from late April and pick late September (soybeans) and early October (corn). That's how we do it, so that would take about 5 months to grow and mature. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

cr41g_1965 wrote:The way I understand it.... crops grow in one game solar / lunar cycle (a day) it doesnt matter if you set the game speed to 1 or 120... the only thing that affects the crop growth is whether you select FAST, NORMAL or LONG...

So to me... costs would be proportional to this DAY cycle which in theory could take from 2 to 5 months (western Canada...lol)

So the costs for all items, gas, fertilizer, hired workers, BUCKETS...lol etc. etc. should be more representative of the two to 5 month cost.. in a day cycle

Hopefully I am explaining this correctly without actually having to resort to math... :wink3:
Yes ... this is how I was thinking.
I was not really sure how long it takes for a field to grow ... is it only one "day and night" on "fast" ?
(I usually have it set to, "not wither" and harvest it when I feel like it.)

If so ... 24 hours = 2-3 months
And in that case ... my cows only has to be feed ones in 12-18 months ... :hmm:

It must be very hard for Giants to balance the economy for this game ... :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Well I know one thing for sure, my pine saplings are sure growing fast, at this rate I'll be selling them for timber in no time, and that sure balances my economy nicely. :D

Oh, and by the way a great place for a tree farm on WestBridge Hills is the drive in theater, I mean what else is it good for?.