Grass

slamshutt

Grass

Post by slamshutt »

is there a place you can store grass.....and get later to put in your mixer or can you only use bales........and if only use bales is there a spot to store bales?
can u use loose straw for bedding or do you have to bale it and use shredder?
I'm playing on westbridge
thunderhawk

Re: Grass

Post by thunderhawk »

There Are mod maps that has grass storage
and yes you can use loose straw for bedding it does not have to be baled
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
slamshutt

Post by slamshutt »

Thanks
chrisben

Post by chrisben »

If your map doesn't have storage for loose grass just get the placeable heap mod and you can store it anywhere on your map.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

First off, there's really no need to store loose grass or straw, it's worth money, especially the grass as silage. Hey, one 6400 unit scoop (3.4 tons) with the Liebherr L538 is worth $10,300 (average) at an average of $1600 - 1614/ton. I've caught it on high demand to where the price per ton is doubled plus times 2, each scoop is around $35,000 plus, and you have silage bin ready to go at 50% full. Now if your going to go into silage, corn is the way to go. Steep investment, but fast payback. I did the NH R850 with the 13m chaffing header. One Westbridge, Buy and plant fields 19 & 20 in corn, and those two fields will fill one silage bin at the biogas plant to 50+%.

That being said, you store your bales of hay and straw right where you feed your cattle, and there's more than enough room on Westbridge; I keep 300 bales of straw, and 200 bales of hay, and with 40 head of cattle, it will last awhile. Again, on Westbridge, you can either cut the grass all around fields 19, 20, and 21, plus all up and down the close by roadways, you'll get plenty of grass every three games days to keep you straw bales up to par, or plant grass instead of corn on field 20 if you have a lot of cattle. Use a forager wagon and straw from a wheat, or barley harvest for the feeding house floor straw, you're going to have a lot of straw if you plant wheat & barley, and those are the most profitable crops.
marclesly

Post by marclesly »

Hi, new here and and trying to find some help for bedding here in Australia. Do you think the design of cow plus the grass on bedding will be fine?
Buy Living Textiles Baby Bedding Online Australia.