Find the original version (German) here: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 61&t=49921
1. Every PC needs a version of FS with own product key.
2. The host should have a good CPU and graphics card.
3. The more players are in the game, the higher are the requirements for the host.
4. For testing multiplayer modus, start with a game without any mods.
5. The router should have the function UPnP activated.
6. Start game and choose multiplayer
7. Click to start a new game
8. In the next window you can choose a savegame
9. Start a new (empty) savegame.
10. Select your difficulty (easy, normal, hard)
11. Select a map (first try with a default map)
12. In the next window you can select different settings:
a. Name of the game
b. type of internet connection
c. maximum number of players
f. use UPnP
g. add mods
13. here topic 12 is important, should be set to port 10823
14. for topic 12 if it differs from the kind of router, wether to mark this setting or not. Modern routers can handle this function and open the ports. Older routers may not be able to use these function, so you have to select the setting in the router itself. Check the manual of the router for „open ports“
15. Later on you can select mods for your game. If you select less mods the game will run more fluently.
16. After clicking „start“ you can select the server/region.
17. The game is started, then is accessable after a moment in the internet
For the client it is a bit more difficult, to access the correct multiplayer games because of the used mods. Every player have to have the absolutely identical mods in his modsfolder. This is made possible by comparison of the hash values. If there any differences playing isn’t possible.
To join a game, the UPnP function of the router has to be activated and the ports have to be opened in the windows firewall of the PC
FS installs all entries to join a game. Only for the host some entries are missing.
FS uses ports 10830, 10836 and 10837 for outgoing traffic and port 10823 for incoming traffic.
Therefor all ports in has to be enabled for FS in the firewall settings, each for UDP and TCP, incoming and outgoing traffic.
If all settings are correct FS will run in multiplayer as host and client with other players.
For multiplayer within a LAN-Network (means all PCs with one router connecting them to each other) and additional using an internet connection, there is one change made to the settings.
For every PC is a different port to choose at the router and in the game.
The host is set as explained above, the first client changes its default port from 10823 to 10825, the second client from 10823 to 10827 and so on...
Make sure there is one port only at one PC and make sure that the host is using port 10830. Don’t use this port for a client again.
Part 2: Set port openings in your Windows firewall:
Sorry, but i can only post the pictures in German at the moment:
Go on with a click on:
then go on with:
Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1