Micke74

Dedicated server! Worth it??

Post by Micke74 »

:?: Worth set up a dediated server?
seen so many :search: but all is passworded! :shock: *thumbsdown*
Higgings

Re: Dedicated server! Worth it??

Post by Higgings »

Not worth it, it is VERY hard to get GOOD, and seriuse activ players ect.
Lot of nagging, people suddenly say they stop farmsim ect ect ect.
So, LOT easyer to start a server up, when FS2017 is out, as many apparently dont want to do FS2015 with all the cool mods.
Soooo,.... my opinion as a dedicatet server owner for about a year.
Micke74

Post by Micke74 »

Higgings wrote:Not worth it, it is VERY hard to get GOOD, and seriuse activ players ect.
Lot of nagging, people suddenly say they stop farmsim ect ect ect.
So, LOT easyer to start a server up, when FS2017 is out, as many apparently dont want to do FS2015 with all the cool mods.
Soooo,.... my opinion as a dedicatet server owner for about a year.

I love all mods and maps in FS15
play most of my free time but start get boring on solo, when make server with no mod and open, people come in and ruin!
Higgings

Post by Higgings »

Well I still runs the server, with mods and stuff, but AGAIN to day, new problems with players.
It starts to get tiresome.
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

I would say it might be worth it, if you have some friends you play with - then passworded.

It's also possible to open the server up for public, some times, to see if you get some deacent players in - who want to play the game instead of ruining. Doing that requires that you are onlinen though, and paying attention to what ppl do.

I've run a dedicated server for quite a while (a year or so, in total?) and usually kicks (sometimes bans) ppl who doesn't answer to chat-requests, for instance. Another way to pick out ppl wanting to just ruin, is if ppl ask what to do - when they connect - instead of just grabbing the biggest tractor and start playing solo.

That being said - this might not be the best time to start a dedicated server, since FS17 is right around the corner? Hopefully some of the "bugs and flaws" from FS15 server are adjusted in the upcoming version :)