Can there be more than one admin?

austinm53

Can there be more than one admin?

Post by austinm53 »

My friend has a dedicated server and we want me to be the other admin. The thing is I would enter the admin password and it says wrong password, can someone tell me why or can there only be one admin per dedicated server?
Micke74

Re: Can there be more than one admin?

Post by Micke74 »

there can be many admins :)

make sure you type it in correct ;)

Micke
Skimpy

Post by Skimpy »

Do all admins have to use the same password?
Last edited by Skimpy on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

there are two types of admin.

basic in-game admin, all of which share the same password.

you also have dedicated server admin, who can start/stop/restart server and can be given differing rights to activate/deactivate mods, upload mods, load different saves etc, so each of these server admin can be given unique usernames and unique password to log into the dedicated server via the web GUI (outside of fs15 game).
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

How on earth do you give someone access to the web gui, on a server with multiple IPs? As far as I've seen, the server tends to "bind" to local IP adress on servers running with multiple IPs.
Higgings

Post by Higgings »

I was given that access on a FS2013 server, so it can be done.
But, I am to no use exsplaining how hehe.
Just want to say be carefull who you give those access to, if it is not real life friends. :)
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

janfrekv wrote:How on earth do you give someone access to the web gui, on a server with multiple IPs? As far as I've seen, the server tends to "bind" to local IP adress on servers running with multiple IPs.
would you not use port forwarding/virtual server?

i.e. public IP:portX becomes local ip X:portX (or local ip Y:portY or local ip Z:portZ etc) at your router.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

b101uk wrote:
janfrekv wrote:How on earth do you give someone access to the web gui, on a server with multiple IPs? As far as I've seen, the server tends to "bind" to local IP adress on servers running with multiple IPs.

i.e. public IP:portX becomes local ip X:portX (or local ip Y:portY or local ip Z:portZ etc) at your router.
Router can port, of course - but "problem" is that server starts with a 169.x.x.x address - that that's on a totally different subnet than the router and other local devices. So - can't route incoming requests to a 169 address.

Server is running in a VMware session on a WIndows 2008 server.

I guess one other option is to make a new virtual machine, with bridged IP adress on the same subnet as the router and server itself...
Savannah22

Post by Savannah22 »

janfrekv wrote:
b101uk wrote:

Router can port, of course - Top Alternative to Steroids or you can call them legal steroids, these are used by professional athletes but "problem" is that server starts with a 169.x.x.x address - that that's on a totally different subnet than the router and other local devices. So - can't route incoming requests to a 169 address.

Server is running in a VMware session on a WIndows 2008 server.

I guess one other option is to make a new virtual machine, with bridged IP adress on the same subnet as the router and server itself...
I have been trying to give access to a friend of mine, but he is on a shared ip which keeps change every 20 mins or so is there another way of doing it ?
PS: i know the thread is old but matched my query
Last edited by Savannah22 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sharoun

Post by Sharoun »

Skimpy wrote:
austinm453 wrote:My friend has a dedicated server and my before after adele we want me to be the other admin. The thing is I would enter the admin password and it says wrong password, can someone tell me why or can there only be one admin per dedicated server?
janfrekv

Post by janfrekv »

Sharoun wrote:
Skimpy wrote:
austinm453 wrote:My friend has a dedicated server and my before after adele we want me to be the other admin. The thing is I would enter the admin password and it says wrong password, can someone tell me why or can there only be one admin per dedicated server?
There is only one password for having admin-access to server, yes.
"Owners" of dedi-servers can make useraccounts at web-gui though, to make ppl able to, for instance, restart server, upload/activate mods etc.
Baraba690

Post by Baraba690 »

austinm53 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:06 pm My friend has a dedicated server and we want me to be the other admin. The thing is I would enter the admin password and it says wrong password, can someone tell me why or can there only be one admin per dedicated server?
Can you tell me where you type admin password..please?
Baraba690

Post by Baraba690 »

Micke74 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:13 am there can be many admins :)

make sure you type it in correct ;)

Micke
Can yuo tell me where type admin passwor and where i can make one..please?
Baraba690

Post by Baraba690 »

Higgings wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:20 am I was given that access on a FS2013 server, so it can be done.
But, I am to no use exsplaining how hehe.
Just want to say be carefull who you give those access to, if it is not real life friends. :)
Can you explain where i can see my admin password and where my real life friend type her?please
rubyatiy

Post by rubyatiy »

Skimpy wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:48 am
austinm453 wrote:My friend has a dedicated server and we want me to be the other admin. You could look at my before and after pictures from the Phen375. The thing is I would enter the admin password and it says wrong password, can someone tell me why or can there only be one admin per dedicated server?
You can faded the effect between those two which are more or less directly or indirectly