Server problems

danishfarmer

Server problems

Post by danishfarmer »

Hello

i have set up my own server but i have 2 problems i just cant seem to get to work.

1. the ip of the server is the local ip of the PC not my public ip, i only i can login on the admin page
2. when trying to start the game i just get this message

Game vehicle types loaded
Mod directory: C:/Users/server/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods/
Started network game (10823)
Error: Failed to connect

can anyone help ??
janfrekv

Re: Server problems

Post by janfrekv »

As far as I've found out, and experienced, binding public IP adress to the game's local web-server isn't possible at this time - without some heavy tweaking off the book.

Same goes here - with error-messages when server is started. They don't seem to interfere with the server being started and running, at least for my case. It's been reported "world-wide" as a bug, but - seemingly - nothing has been done with this from the developer's side (as far as I've seen).
danishfarmer

Re: Server problems

Post by danishfarmer »

janfrekv wrote:As far as I've found out, and experienced, binding public IP adress to the game's local web-server isn't possible at this time - without some heavy tweaking off the book.

Same goes here - with error-messages when server is started. They don't seem to interfere with the server being started and running, at least for my case. It's been reported "world-wide" as a bug, but - seemingly - nothing has been done with this from the developer's side (as far as I've seen).

okay then i'll just have to be admin my self then. what ports have you opened ? and are you running UPNP ??