zip mods and mulitplayer

spauldinger94

zip mods and mulitplayer

Post by spauldinger94 »

hi everyone I'm new to the whole online world but I love playing farming simulator I have a mod map and a bunch of mods on it I tried creating a game with my friends on that same map and its telling me that It needs to be in a zip folder I unzipped all my mods when I downloaded them so I reziped them all and its still not working any help would be greatly appreciated again I'm new to this thanks
W1der

Re: zip mods and mulitplayer

Post by W1der »

You do not need to unzip your mods (unless you want to edit them in any way).
If you want to "re-zip" them you need to make sure that you do it correctly...

I read in another thread about this and the most common misstake seems to be that the "folder" is included in the zip-file.
When making the zip-file ... do not select the folder you want to zip ... instead, mark all the files (within the folder) and then create the zip-file.

I hope I am making any sense to you ... and that this helps.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
don_apple

Re: zip mods and mulitplayer

Post by don_apple »

@spauldinger94: welcome to the forum!

The best way to fix this is to download the zipped versions of the mods again, because in order to be able to use the mods in multiplayer games the zip files have to be the identical versions that your friends use. Even if you manage to re-zip the files so that they are useable in the game they most likely won't work in MP games because the new zip file is not the same as the original one you downloaded.

BTW. you can find some more info about using mods with the game in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=833&t=87820
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules