"Everyone" playing FS just a bunch of imature a$$holes?

janfrekv

"Everyone" playing FS just a bunch of imature a$$holes?

Post by janfrekv »

I did a little "experiment" a few days ago.

I run a didicated server on my spare time, a box that isn't used to much else. From previous games - on/with dedicated server - without password etc, people seem to want to just make a mess.

So - since we are running a map with VERY nice players, I wanted to "dedicate my server" to see how long it takes for it to be ruined.

Seriously: WTF is wrong with 90% of the ppl joining a server with no admins online??!!
Is *THE* main goal with joining a "free" FS server to just fu** up things, then best we're able to? Sow grass at fields, make sure vehicles are stuck, and - in general making sure it's a f*** up game?

I did this as a test - and, BEST case it could have been a free server for someone to play on.
Worst case - that happened, again and again.

So, if not having a shitload of mods - and passworded server - is FS doomed to be a place for assholes just looking out to ruin other ppls gameplay?

Would it be possible to make a "ban-system", where those brats are ruled out from joining a game, where an admin happens to not be online when that brat logs in?

Or - are all multiplayer (FS) games supposed to have a password, so that only "people I know" can join?

Or - are everyone joining a random map per definition assholes, unless otherwised prooved?
janfrekv

Re: "Everyone" playing FS just a bunch of imature a$$holes?

Post by janfrekv »

Could there be an option, to MARK a person/IP-address (doubt there are several ppl playing FS from same IP address??) as an "a$$hole out to just ruine game" or other ban-options, for whole community? Like a "ban-list"?
W1der

Post by W1der »

It is just as frustrating when you are looking for an online game as a "random player".
Most open games I find is just like you described ... and all the ones (where the serious players are) is "locked" and when I try to join I get "rejected".

Even if the possibility to "ban" individual "morons" from your game ... there will be a long line of them, just waiting to destroy your game.

As of now you are quite anonymous when playing "on line" ... and this is probably why so many feel "safe" with acting this way.
If Giants where to create a personalized account for online gaming ... with a unique login for each user, my guess is that the problem would not be as big as it is now.
A register of "farmer profiles" could also be used, in a lot of different ways, to create a sort of "community" around this game ("leader boards", reputation etc) ... *thumbsup*
... and the possibility of banning a specific "farmer" from your game, would be quite easy to implement!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Could we not have a maintained thread (sorry moderators)..where people could list their platform, and screen name so we could have SAFE users ?

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Could we not have a maintained thread (sorry moderators)..where people could list their platform, and screen name so we could have SAFE users ?
Exactly! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:It is just as frustrating when you are looking for an online game as a "random player".
Most open games I find is just like you described ... and all the ones (where the serious players are) is "locked" and when I try to join I get "rejected".

Even if the possibility to "ban" individual "morons" from your game ... there will be a long line of them, just waiting to destroy your game.

As of now you are quite anonymous when playing "on line" ... and this is probably why so many feel "safe" with acting this way.
If Giants where to create a personalized account for online gaming ... with a unique login for each user, my guess is that the problem would not be as big as it is now.
A register of "farmer profiles" could also be used, in a lot of different ways, to create a sort of "community" around this game ("leader boards", reputation etc) ... *thumbsup*
... and the possibility of banning a specific "farmer" from your game, would be quite easy to implement!
Agree agree agree!! *thumbsup*
janfrekv wrote:I did a little "experiment" a few days ago.

I run a didicated server on my spare time, a box that isn't used to much else. From previous games - on/with dedicated server - without password etc, people seem to want to just make a mess.

So - since we are running a map with VERY nice players, I wanted to "dedicate my server" to see how long it takes for it to be ruined.

Seriously: WTF is wrong with 90% of the ppl joining a server with no admins online??!!
Is *THE* main goal with joining a "free" FS server to just fu** up things, then best we're able to? Sow grass at fields, make sure vehicles are stuck, and - in general making sure it's a f*** up game?

I did this as a test - and, BEST case it could have been a free server for someone to play on.
Worst case - that happened, again and again.

So, if not having a shitload of mods - and passworded server - is FS doomed to be a place for assholes just looking out to ruin other ppls gameplay?

Would it be possible to make a "ban-system", where those brats are ruled out from joining a game, where an admin happens to not be online when that brat logs in?

Or - are all multiplayer (FS) games supposed to have a password, so that only "people I know" can join?

Or - are everyone joining a random map per definition assholes, unless otherwised proved?
I know what you are saying, I have been in that place as well. It is heartbreaking when you put a lot of work into something, and then it just gets destroyed and then your back to square one. Whenever I do a multiplayer game, it is just me and my brother now --- Passworded, set of 2 max players, no auto-accept, and mods. That's what we do now, since the "online world" just keeps f-ing everything up and wasting our space. Those people are basket cases and always will be. I only join people that I meet on here who are looking for a server that I am comfortable with, now, I don't do multiplayer really anymore, I just don't have the need to anymore. I do, and always have, used Courseplay as my friend for managing my farm. :smileynew: He is my number one helper! *thumbsup* He gets a huge paycheck, and he deserves it. :zunge:

How to post your log.txt
rmf304

Post by rmf304 »

Seems like every server I go to that's an open server, all the equipment is in the water, turned over, something. I'd like to find a few players that just enjoy the regular Bjornholm map and no mods, or very few. Get back to the roots, so to speak.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

rmf304 wrote:Seems like every server I go to that's an open server, all the equipment is in the water, turned over, something. I'd like to find a few players that just enjoy the regular Bjornholm map and no mods, or very few. Get back to the roots, so to speak.
Agreed. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt