Local network multiplayer

Cajunwolf

Local network multiplayer

Post by Cajunwolf »

Quick question on multiplayer. I have two computers with FS15 installed on both, separate valid copies for each machine, and both on my local network. Is there any way to join over lan like other games? Even trying over the internet, setting one up as host, and trying to join the other doesn't work either because I can't see see my server while trying to join on the client machine. Is there a way to do this, or am I doing something wrong?
Sid1701d

Re: Local network multiplayer

Post by Sid1701d »

If you look in the sticky it would show you what you need to do for LAN play.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I read the sticky, but the translation to English from German needs a little more work, and some added detail. I tried following to the letter with no success. This is why I posted this so that someone a little more fluent in English might be able to explain things better to me, thanks for your reply though.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

here is the settings they are talking about.

For multiplayer within a LAN-Network (means all PCs with one router connecting them to each other) and additional using an internet connection, there is one change made to the settings.
For every PC is a different port to choose at the router and in the game.
The host is set as explained above, the first client changes its default port from 10823 to 10825, the second client from 10823 to 10827 and so on...
Make sure there is one port only at one PC and make sure that the host is using port 10830. Don’t use this port for a client again.

reason for this is computers on the same connection as the host can not see resources the host opens on the other side of the mountain so in order to see it the client has to build a observatory halfway up the mountain.

If you just have your connection plugged into a cable modem than it will likely fail unless the cable modem is a router too.

Also a good note is ports can be open locally and non locally but you can only have one connection per port either local ore non local.

Non local is internet local is considered LAN, most local ports get intercepted before the routers Nat firewall and uses the LAN ip for connecting to games, all non local ports go through the routers NAT firewall and redirected to the proper local port for connecting to game. However, internet ports and LAN ports are the same and if one port is being used for non local connections it will refuse local connections, and same the other way around.