How to setup a Multiplayer game

Sammyboy123

How to setup a Multiplayer game

Post by Sammyboy123 »

I am trying to setup a multiplayer game with my mate.

However when I tried to do so he couldn't find my game listed.

Why would this be?
Aranea

Re: How to setup a Multiplayer game

Post by Aranea »

possible answer: one of you is using another patch version of the game > you should check if you both run the same verison (its listed at bottom right corner of the game when in main menu)

second possible answer: one of you got his firewall to block FS > try to connect to other players games that are listed

third guess: the one trying to connect is setting his filters wrong, when you see the list of open games to join, you have a list of filters at the bottom. try setting them as tight as possible to match your game
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
Der_Tod

Re: How to setup a Multiplayer game

Post by Der_Tod »

Welcome to the forum. In addition to Araneas's answer: For general informations about multiplayer settings take a look here viewtopic.php?f=832&t=88134
Make sure you (and your colleagues) are looking on the same server (German, Continental Europe or International) and are using the same version of the game (1.4.2 is the latest). Try to search for the name of the game (consider correct spelling) and use the following settings:
Map: all maps
Language: all languages
max. number of players: 16
no password: off
game isn't full: off
mods/DLCs: off
Don't forget to click "refresh" (or similar. I don't know the english designation of the button. In German it's "Aktualisieren").

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.