Mod maps

Haney67

Mod maps

Post by Haney67 »

Does anyone know if giant is gonna come out with an American map with huge fields like the mod maps on farming simulator 15 that was on pc like Oklahoma or northern Ohio would really like to see a map like them with flat ground big fields and not so many trees. Would also be cool to start seeing like older international tractors or some big equipment or a big batwing disc I don't think there's even a disc on there lots of cultivators and plows. Also need to bring back the American semi grain trailer out of the farming sim before 15. It'd be really cool to put anhydrous down also just fill your tanks where you fill liquid fertilizer or maybe the old green Steiger. I love the game I have it on Xbox one and have put a lot of hrs into it but it'd be neat to have a map like I mentioned cause a lot of ground in the us is like that.
canadafarms

Re: Mod maps

Post by canadafarms »

This question is asked on a nearly daily basis....although lately a lot less. Truth is nobody knows for sure. There is an American map coming soon for PC called Rattle Snake Valley based in Montana that looked promising but it is a 4x map meaning 4 times larger and supposedly consoles can't handle that. Other than that I haven't heard of another wide open map coming...YET, but I'm sure in time there will be. There is some talk of westbridge hills being converted for console but it's probably a ways off still.
PS4
Haney67

Post by Haney67 »

Wasn't westbrigde hills in the farming sim 15 I got it for Xbox one and I think that's one I put a lot of hrs in I didn't even touch the other maps. Lol well I hope I see a good American map in the future that would be awesome.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Haney67 wrote:Wasn't westbrigde hills in the farming sim 15
Yes that's the one, I put so many hours on that map I am embarrassed to say :blushnew: still like it though :smileynew:
PS4
sempiturnus

Post by sempiturnus »

How long does it generally take from the time a modder uploads a map, to the time modhub makes it available to the FS community?
itswhack

Post by itswhack »

canadafarms wrote:This question is asked on a nearly daily basis....although lately a lot less. Truth is nobody knows for sure. There is an American map coming soon for PC called Rattle Snake Valley based in Montana that looked promising but it is a 4x map meaning 4 times larger and supposedly consoles can't handle that. Other than that I haven't heard of another wide open map coming...YET, but I'm sure in time there will be. There is some talk of westbridge hills being converted for console but it's probably a ways off still.
Skyrim runs fine on consoles and it's much larger than 4x FS map with many more objects to render.. So it would be on the developers end if it can't go to console.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

itswhack wrote:
Skyrim runs fine on consoles and it's much larger than 4x FS map with many more objects to render.. So it would be on the developers end if it can't go to console.
I hear ya, and it's all speculation....I don't think Giants has confirmed that one way or the other, just comments that the MA made and other rumours that have been floating around :confusednew:
PS4
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

sempiturnus wrote:How long does it generally take from the time a modder uploads a map, to the time modhub makes it available to the FS community?
i suppose it would depend on how many errors where found. any found errors must be fixed before they will release it on mod hub
eric21

Post by eric21 »

itswhack wrote:
canadafarms wrote:This question is asked on a nearly daily basis....although lately a lot less. Truth is nobody knows for sure. There is an American map coming soon for PC called Rattle Snake Valley based in Montana that looked promising but it is a 4x map meaning 4 times larger and supposedly consoles can't handle that. Other than that I haven't heard of another wide open map coming...YET, but I'm sure in time there will be. There is some talk of westbridge hills being converted for console but it's probably a ways off still.
Isnt skyrim havoc engine?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

sempiturnus wrote:How long does it generally take from the time a modder uploads a map, to the time modhub makes it available to the FS community?
Depends on the time modder has, days, weeks, months etc
aklein

Post by aklein »

If your on PC I would suggest checking out the mod sites for maps. there are a few that have large fields and are fairly open. I dont know the protocol for linking to or naming specific mod maps on the main forum so I am not going to. if your on console i guess you have to wait until there is one in the mod hub?
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

eric21 wrote:
itswhack wrote:
Skyrim runs on Bethesda's Creation engine, same engine that runs Fallout 4.

Also I don't understand why people compare other games to Farming Simulator, it's like comparing apples to oranges, two completely different things. Then there were originally 2 versions of Rattlesnake Valley, one for PC then a separate version for consoles. However the last thing I had heard was that Giants would only take 1 version of the map and the PC version was submitted so if it get accepted for consoles is an unknown at the moment
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Dmann88

Post by Dmann88 »

Rattle snake valley for pc was summited and console it just depend if giants going to release it on console this was said by blobby farmer from mapper paradise
itswhack

Post by itswhack »

jenna_q wrote:
eric21 wrote:
itswhack wrote:

Also I don't understand why people compare other games to Farming Simulator, it's like comparing apples to oranges, two completely different things. Then there were originally 2 versions of Rattlesnake Valley, one for PC then a separate version for consoles. However the last thing I had heard was that Giants would only take 1 version of the map and the PC version was submitted so if it get accepted for consoles is an unknown at the moment
I compared the two because it was said that consoles couldn't handle it. My point was that if they can handle games like Skyrim they could easily handle a 4x FS map. And if not, it would be on the developers end. Not dogging the devs but I won't have someone tell me a console can't handle it.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

itswhack wrote:
jenna_q wrote:
eric21 wrote: Isnt skyrim havoc engine?

I compared the two because it was said that consoles couldn't handle it. My point was that if they can handle games like Skyrim they could easily handle a 4x FS map. And if not, it would be on the developers end. Not dogging the devs but I won't have someone tell me a console can't handle it.
I believe Giants game engine is a memory pig, a big steaming pile of manure. Us sheep keep buying it and loving it because we are too chicken to stop playing. Giants will keep herding us in like cattle until we come together and realize their engine is like an old tractor with 50 hours on it. To believe anything else is just hog wash. Skyrim is built on a much more advanced tech, magic like a sorcerer, but strong like a warrior...I better stop there.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada