Trying to add sugarbeet to placeable grain storage barn

aklein

Trying to add sugarbeet to placeable grain storage barn

Post by aklein »

I wish to modify a mod that I have to allow it to hold sugar beets. In the XML it has a line that says

<fillTypes>wheat barley rape sunflower soybean maize</fillTypes>

If I add sugarbeet to it so it reads

<fillTypes>wheat barley rape sunflower soybean maize sugarbeet</fillTypes>

It still tells me that sugarbeets are not accepted. If I open the mod in the editor and add sugarbeet to the filltypes under the trigger it still does not accept them. I am guessing I am using the wrong variable to define sugarbeet but I have yet to find a reference as to what the allowable variable names are for 'filltypes'.
masseyharris

Re: Trying to add sugarbeet to placeable grain storage barn

Post by masseyharris »

sugarBeet - it must have a capital B
aklein

Post by aklein »

thanks, seems consistency is an issue here. everything else I see as an acceptable fill type is all lower case and then they toss in an upper case B in sugarbeet. It would be nice though if there was some place that listed the acceptable values for a specific variable. I have yet to find such a listing.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Yes it is strange, they seem to do this with a lot of their objects - manureHeap, solarCollector & many more.
For the crops, you can see a list if you look in Giants Editor, open the terrain editing window, and look at the drop down list in 'foliage layer painting'. I think they are all listed there exactly as they should be typed.
rmf304

Post by rmf304 »

Something I've been doing is making sure to name my files and such in the same fashion Giants uses. Keeps you in the habit of capitalizing in the correct place and saves a lot of debugging.