Bulk handling kit

dandare75

Bulk handling kit

Post by dandare75 »

Downloaded the bulk hand lit kit which contains seed pallets, potato boxes, big nags for fert and seed and the various handling equipment to move these items. How does it work? I wanted to fill my potato planter with more seeds on the field, so took an empty potato box to the seed refill point In the map, no trigger to refill box.bougjt the seed pallet from kit, took this to the potato boxes, option to unload seed, yet it does not appear anywhere.how do use these items to refill them and then refill seeder and fertiliser spreader as I am confused.

Many thanks
Hairy Bob

Re: Bulk handling kit

Post by Hairy Bob »

I've not used this mod myself, have you tried taking the potato box to the conveyor at your potato storage? Maybe it's set up to only accept potatoes rather than seeds.
Could you post a link to the mod? I wouldn't mind a look into it.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

If it's this one http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming- ... -2-0-fs15/
Then it looks like the potato boxes will only accept potatoes, not seeds. It's easy enough to change if you want to fill from the refill point.
Open the zip file, go to Spuds_Box.xml and open it with a text editor (notepad works fine imo), scroll down to the line
<fillTypes fruitTypes="potato" /> and change it to read
<fillTypes fruitTypes="potato seeds" />
Save the file and close it, you might get a message asking if you want to update the file in the archive, click yes and close the zip.
Or you could use the seeds pallet, that should work and holds 700 litres more, but won't look like a potato box!
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Thanks for the reply again. Would like to make it more realistic, here in the UK refill potato planter with potato seed boxes.

Seen some mod highlights on this and yes you refill from your stored spuds.

Will give your suggestion a go, sounds like the better and more realistic option.

Thanks again Hairy Bob.I forget, are you in the U.S.?
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Changed it.went to refill point, no trigger for refilling potato box.did notice one thing, the potato tipper should have an action to tip the box, this doesn't appear either so insure what is going on. Will download another version of it and see if that works
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'm in the UK too, Yorkshire born and bred. I grew up potato farming, did near 20 years at the job, using all kinds of kit.
I didn't think too hard earlier, but I'd guess the boxes are made to fill from above, I don't know how you'd go about adding a refill trigger to them, sorry!
Shame about the box tipper not working, let me know if you find a better one.