Auto tractor

dandare75

Auto tractor

Post by dandare75 »

Is auto tractor worth putting onon odd folder? If so which version? So any choices, unsure which would would best
Hairy Bob

Re: Auto tractor

Post by Hairy Bob »

I had a bit of a play with autotractor when I started last year, found it pretty useless, it never seemed to turn properly at the end of a row, and ended up weaving across the field at funny angles.
I read a bit about how it was much harder to implement than autocombine, because of how tools follow the tractor rather than being fixed.
I'd highly recommend courseplay, if you haven't used it, there are some great tutorials by Teabelly on YouTube.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Thanks again Hairy Bob.are you stalking me? :-0 use courseplay a lot, sometimes when doing headlands with courseplay it does not keep a good gap, often missing parts of field.auto tractor aas just a thought.auto combine is good.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'm far too lazy to stalk anyone, don't worry!
I've noticed the same thing with courseplay missing bits in corners, I usually set the width around half a metre less than the actual machine width, and live with the remaining bits. If they're really bad I'll do a lap of the field tidying up after cp has finished.
It seems to be worse with mounted tools rather than trailed, and especially if you record the edge path yourself and don't go right to the corners. I thought it would make it better to drive a sweeping curve round the corners of grass fields, but then the mower sometimes misses great patches, so I went back to driving tight to the edge.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc