modding the goldPack extension, help please !

ACSoft

modding the goldPack extension, help please !

Post by ACSoft »

I use almost since the beginning the very nice "FarmingSimulator2015_DrawDistanceUpdater.exe" tool and I just bought now on Steam the goldPack DLC. I was sad to see that this package is designed like a MODS (a .dlc file) and is therefore simply installed into the directory "pdlc" and not implemented inside the main game structure. Therefore, the DrawDistanceUpdater tool cannot be used to modify all the "i3d" files of this addition.

Consulting the forums, I was able to extract the contain of the goldPack.dlc file, using a tool then, I used DrawDistanceUpdater successfully, but now I cannot rebuild the package, because quickbms can only reimport files which have their size unchanged or smaller than before and, of course, most modified files are larger than before !

Does anyone know a solution to rebuild a valid ".dlc" out of this files set ?

I tried already to just zip the file set instead, but this didn't worked.
Guil

Re: modding the goldPack extension, help please !

Post by Guil »

It's not possible edit dlc and you can't discuss ways around it here either.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Since it looks like you are mostly interested in modifying the 'Sosnovka' map that came as part of the Gold Add-On for FS15 you might consider switching to FS17, because there amongst many other changes and additions the Sosnovka map is included as one of the two default maps and can therefore also be freely modified.

One of the additions of FS17 compared to FS15 for example is that you can actually modify the 'viewing distance' via the game options, so using tools like the 'DrawDistanceUpdater' is actually no longer needed with FS17.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

Why guil ?

I mean, there is no bad intentions at all in what I am trying to do. DrawDistanceUpdater is a 3rd party tool very popular, who correct the biggest flaw of FS15: much to much short draw distance for LOD, shadows, etc..., especially with the more powerful today's PC.

EDIT: thanks for the informations, don_apple.
Guil

Post by Guil »

DLC is encypted to stop people buying it and sharing it amongst mod sites. It's protected that way so it's not possible to discuss ways around it in this forum.
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

I understand.
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

don_apple wrote:...One of the additions of FS17 compared to FS15 for example is that you can actually modify the 'viewing distance' via the game options, so using tools like the 'DrawDistanceUpdater' is actually no longer needed with FS17.
Apparently, what you say here IS WRONG, almost speaking of shadow drawing distance, which MATTER THE MOST for me.
You can see that clearly in this video:
https://youtu.be/JuBLBdCLGkA
See, for example, from about 55 sec, the trees shadows on both side borders of the road.

And it is confirmed by this question:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/447020/di ... 326277514/
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's possible to change the draw distance in the game xml for fs17. I have no idea about fs15.
ACSoft

Post by ACSoft »

Guil wrote:It's possible to change the draw distance in the game xml for fs17. I have no idea about fs15.
In this thread:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/447020/di ... 168206133/

there no "ShadowDrawDistance" parameter, only "view", "lod" and "foliage". So, it may explain the other thread in my previous message, where the guy ask which parameter he should change for the shadow drawing distance. He wouldn't have asked for it, if it existed. No having FS17 myself, it is something I cannot clarify.