Map mod downloading

jfsjr61

Map mod downloading

Post by jfsjr61 »

Does anyone know of a map that when downloaded and placed in the mod folder that works?? Or do they not make these? I have read and read and watched videos on this and they all say different things and I have tried most of them. Or is there SIMPLE instructions that anyone can follow.
don_apple

Re: Map mod downloading

Post by don_apple »

There are many maps out there that work. All you normally have to do is put the ZIP file of the map into the mod folder. If the map doesn't appear in the game then you need to check the log.txt (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for information on where to find it), which should give you some information about why the game isn't able to use the map. If you are not sure about what the stuff in the log.txt means you can also post it here and somebody can help you to decipher it.

You might also want to read through the following post which provides some more information on how to use mods with the game, most of which also applies to mod maps: viewtopic.php?f=833&t=87820

Edit: added missing link
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
jfsjr61

Post by jfsjr61 »

Thank you I'll try that
jfsjr61

Post by jfsjr61 »

Well I tried downloading 7 maps and none worked. I guess there is more to this than just downloading and putting in the mods folder. All the maps I have downloaded had no instructions so I just opened the game and...... nothing?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

May we see your log.txt so that we can see what's conflicting? Instructions how to post log.txt is in my signature at the bottom. :smileynew:

We recommend only having one map at a time, and it sounds like you were just having one at a time, which is great! *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
chrisben

Post by chrisben »

Map mods belong in Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2015\Mods, anywhere else, they may or may not work. Some map mods require you to unzip them as there are separate mods included. These maps usually have "unzip me" in the title. I'm guessing here, but did you start a new game, then choose the difficulty setting? After choosing the difficulty setting you're given a choice of maps to choose from.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

chrisben wrote:Map mods belong in Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2015\Mods, anywhere else, they may or may not work. Some map mods require you to unzip them as there are separate mods included. These maps usually have "unzip me" in the title. I'm guessing here, but did you start a new game, then choose the difficulty setting? After choosing the difficulty setting you're given a choice of maps to choose from.
This is good advice for him! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
jfsjr61

Post by jfsjr61 »

Well come to find out I needed the latest patch, I should of new that. They all work now. thank you to don_apple, JohnDeere318, and Chrisben.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

jfsjr61 wrote:Well come to find out I needed the latest patch, I should of new that. They all work now. thank you to don_apple, JohnDeere318, and Chrisben.
Ah, ok, that would explain it. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt