Staying with FS 2015

JohnDeere318

Re: Staying with FS 2015

Post by JohnDeere318 »

farmboy002 wrote:Well put Cajunwolf...... When you :search: look at the time Giants had to improve on the game. All the stuff you talked about are the same problems that FS15 had at first. And now you have to wait until they make patches. There really is not all that much more in FS17 that is not all ready in FS15 And getting help from Giants is a waste of time. They told me to use the forum to get help. And you know that most of the time no one can help you. It took me a long time to figure out how to make maps using the editor and to go through that all over again to learn FS17 stuff No thanks...
I have to agree with both of you, although I do like FS17 still, but I see your point of views. I thought the forum was a good place to go too, but I haven't gotten much help either with some of my things too, when I've tried to help many, haven't gotten much in return. You guys on the other hand, have helped me with situations, so I would assume you guys expect that in return. :smileynew: I have seen the complications with FS17 to FS15 conversion and it ain't that easy as I thought. :-? I would probably wait until FS19 farmboy002 if they don't have any of this stuff fixed sadly.

I have also seen many people with GE help and not very many people help with it, I can't because I don't know it, so that's kind of disappointing to see that not very many people don't know most of the stuff, even the moderators or SupportMachines don't know it, which is oddly weird. :hmm: Sorry if I am ranting or complaining, but this is the truth unfortunately.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
farmboy002 wrote:Well put Cajunwolf...... When you :search: look at the time Giants had to improve on the game. All the stuff you talked about are the same problems that FS15 had at first. And now you have to wait until they make patches. There really is not all that much more in FS17 that is not all ready in FS15 And getting help from Giants is a waste of time. They told me to use the forum to get help. And you know that most of the time no one can help you. It took me a long time to figure out how to make maps using the editor and to go through that all over again to learn FS17 stuff No thanks...
I have to agree with both of you, although I do like FS17 still, but I see your point of views. I thought the forum was a good place to go too, but I haven't gotten much help either with some of my things too, when I've tried to help many, haven't gotten much in return. You guys on the other hand, have helped me with situations, so I would assume you guys expect that in return. :smileynew: I have seen the complications with FS17 to FS15 conversion and it ain't that easy as I thought. :-? I would probably wait until FS19 farmboy002 if they don't have any of this stuff fixed sadly.

I have also seen many people with GE help and not very many people help with it, I can't because I don't know it, so that's kind of disappointing to see that not very many people don't know most of the stuff, even the moderators or SupportMachines don't know it, which is oddly weird. :hmm: Sorry if I am ranting or complaining, but this is the truth unfortunately.
Case and point... I sent a e-mail to Giants asking for help with the water log spline. They told me to use the forum (I Did) As of today it has 0 reply's They know what I need to do to get it to work and will not help me. So you tell me... how I'm going to get the help I asked for when there is no place to get it? So just like all the rest of the stuff I had to figure out on my own I'll have to just keep messing with it and see if I can figure it out?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

farmboy002 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:

Case and point... I sent a e-mail to Giants asking for help with the water log spline. They told me to use the forum (I Did) As of today it has 0 reply's They know what I need to do to get it to work and will not help me. So you tell me... how I'm going to get the help I asked for when there is no place to get it? So just like all the rest of the stuff I had to figure out on my own I'll have to just keep messing with it and see if I can figure it out?
They should tell you, all they have to do is just write maybe a sentence or two. It's just like when I asked them if the FS17 Collector's Edition was releasing in the USA... Nothing... What? Just a simple question, yes or no, I asked the forum, no one knew, so they could've just said "Yes", but I guess that's customer support 2016 for ya. *thumbsdown* I just don't get it. Simple answers, made difficult. :-? Just doesn't make any sense.

How to post your log.txt
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

farmboy002 wrote:
thunderhawk wrote:Looks like the power lines I done got pulled
No the last photo is from the copy of the map I was working on. I still have the copy of the map with all the power lines you did. And I am still working on it here and there but still have not got it done yet...
oh ok I seen that and thought well he changed his mind about them LOL
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
short cut

Post by short cut »

looks a good map
Pc user.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

It's a pleasure to be back working on my FS15 maps. I'm so tired of every time I'm ready to do the next thing on my FS17 map, I have to wait for them to patch the darn editor again; it's discouraging to say the least. We're up to version 7.5.0 now, and what, inside of a month? I mean I love some of the stuff they did for FS17, but some things they should have left alone, but there's a new patch coming out soon (just got 1.3.0 over Thanksgiving) that balance things out a little better. All in all I think they rushed it to make a unrealistic release date set by marketing, and now they're paying the price with poor quality, but this is always the case.
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Cajunwolf wrote:It's a pleasure to be back working on my FS15 maps. I'm so tired of every time I'm ready to do the next thing on my FS17 map, I have to wait for them to patch the darn editor again; it's discouraging to say the least. We're up to version 7.5.0 now, and what, inside of a month? I mean I love some of the stuff they did for FS17, but some things they should have left alone, but there's a new patch coming out soon (just got 1.3.0 over Thanksgiving) that balance things out a little better. All in all I think they rushed it to make a unrealistic release date set by marketing, and now they're paying the price with poor quality, but this is always the case.
If it's not broke don't fix it!!!! That's why I'm still with fs15 and plan on just staying with it? Everything works just fine for me with the 6.0.3 editor and I half way know what I'm doing.. :lol: Buying fs17 is like buying a new car or truck and waiting for all the parts to show up. No Thanks I'll just drive my old fs15 that works just fine... :lol: I'm going back through some of the older maps I made a while back that I have not played for a while. And I can see now how my maps got better over time... I had to laugh at the first one I did when I compared it to the last one I did...But it's fun going back through them and playing them again... Which reminds me that I have a old Nintendo 64 in the closet that I'm thinking about digging out and going through all those games that I have not played for a long time... So I really do not need the problems of fs17 to stress me out when I have other games that play just fine... :gamer:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

farmboy002 wrote:
Cajunwolf wrote:It's a pleasure to be back working on my FS15 maps. I'm so tired of every time I'm ready to do the next thing on my FS17 map, I have to wait for them to patch the darn editor again; it's discouraging to say the least. We're up to version 7.5.0 now, and what, inside of a month? I mean I love some of the stuff they did for FS17, but some things they should have left alone, but there's a new patch coming out soon (just got 1.3.0 over Thanksgiving) that balance things out a little better. All in all I think they rushed it to make a unrealistic release date set by marketing, and now they're paying the price with poor quality, but this is always the case.
If it's not broke don't fix it!!!! That's why I'm still with fs15 and plan on just staying with it? Everything works just fine for me with the 6.0.3 editor and I half way know what I'm doing.. :lol: Buying fs17 is like buying a new car or truck and waiting for all the parts to show up. No Thanks I'll just drive my old fs15 that works just fine... :lol: I'm going back through some of the older maps I made a while back that I have not played for a while. And I can see now how my maps got better over time... I had to laugh at the first one I did when I compared it to the last one I did...But it's fun going back through them and playing them again... Which reminds me that I have a old Nintendo 64 in the closet that I'm thinking about digging out and going through all those games that I have not played for a long time... So I really do not need the problems of fs17 to stress me out when I have other games that play just fine... :gamer:
Yeah I am pretty disappointed about how FS17 has more bugs than FS15 every had. They should have taken more time on FS17. But I do agree that your map designing has increased tremendously! *thumbsup* I can't wait to see more from both of you! :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

JohnDeer318, I don't see it getting any better any time soon because they just sold 1 million copies of the game, so to them their strategy of allowing console players to have mods worked, and cool, but it was at a cost of poor quality, and it would have been more like the FS15 launch except for this. Now, this is both good and bad all rolled into one. On the one hand you’re going to see more happening with the game because greater demand creates more revenue and therefore bigger investments in personal and technology. On the other hand, the down side, the more changes the more mistakes that translate into bugs. I went through this whole thing with the Battlefield series and EA games. When Battlefield 1942 came out late 02 early 03, EA was one of the big boys, but quickly went ballistic with the success of the game, and mainly because of one mod in particular, DesertCombat. The sales for rental gaming servers went through the roof and eventually EA bought the rights from the core DC mod team (I knew all of them, I added AI to a lot of the maps) for $400,000 that 9 people split up, and Battlefield 2 was born. After that was Battlefield 3 came out, which is where things went south, you could no longer mod the game anymorw. I own and run the Battlefieldsingleplayer.com website and forums, have north of 8,000 members, globally, and believe it or not, bf42, bf2, and their mods are still very popular. I say all of that to say this, Farming Simulator will get worse before it gets better for mapper’s and modder’s, if it ever does.

I am still actively working on my FS17 maps, but as mentioned, I'm held up waiting for them to patch a few things, and they've been pretty quick about it I have to admit. I often make bad light of their editor with 5 patches so far in just a little over a month, but at least it shows there really working on it because it has 2 more updates than the game in the same amount of time. And I think I know why, it was the mods that sold the console crowd, and the editor has to work to make mods, and maps. There are only three new features in FS17 that make it really any different than FS15, one being the trains, and second is the tip anywhere feature, this is really cool, and very RL, and third, the upgrade of animal husbandry along with the addition of pigs. Everything else in my opinion was just changing things for change's sake, or fixing things that are either not really broken, of breaking something else in the attempt. The economic changes *censored*.

I believe the trains can be back ported, after all FS15 already has working trains in Bjornholm, and Sosnovka, and the animal husbandry has already been address in various mods, and something really nice could be created taking bits from each here and there. But the tip anywhere will be exclusive to FS17 unless they upgrade the 6.5.0 editor to allow for its mask creation, which I doubt they will. I still have to figure out the trains, but they are basically the same, they follow a spline like traffic and pedestrians use, but are now PCO, or player controlled objects as we called them in BF42 & BF2, and dynamic in that you can select storage and sales points to store or sell, so cool.

My map concept includes both a FS15 & FS15 version of the same map, and it has to be a 4x4 (4096x4096 pixels, or meters). Of course the FS17 will have that games versions features, that's a given, but other than that, the same. It has to be a large map for the train to properly work, that’s the problem with the trains in Goldcrest Valley, you have two trains on a 2x2 map, and there's just not enough room to properly utilize the trains systems economics. Put another way, if you’re a rural farmer, you’re not going to send your crop off by train to a market when you can drive to in less time than it takes to load the train, and the only advantage is in volume here. Now if that market is far away, and price is worth it, but it's a long way across a 4x4 map, with a big river down the middle, you’re going to want to ship by train. Now what I have in mind is just that, with a large freeway with nice bridge over the river in the center of the map, running North and South. Along with this, and 25% (1024 meters) distance East and west of the vehicle bridge two train bridges to support both trains. The city - town will be map middle, and split by the river. I'm going to pretty much devote one eighth, or 1024x1024 meters, of the map to the primary farm, with support fields for animals and such, surrounding this. At the moment all I have is a large 4096x4096 plane that works without errors, that I've started working into a rolling terrain that will gradually get mountainous the nearer you get to the map boundaries. I've kind of have the river and water plane where I want, but still working on tributary's that drain from points of origin to the river in various places, I want them to set the shape and distribution of the fields; and that's about it. So far it will open if GE 6.5.0 and 7.5.0 editors, and you can load it in both games and spawn in, but there is nothing there yet. I will have to split it into version to add vehicles, and especially the train, to start. But after all, it's a work in progress, right? And I'm in no real hurry because the enjoyment for me is in the creation process itself.
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

This is one of my favorite maps. Because it's just the right size for a SP and you have the choice to buy or make your own fields. This is Fields of Green V2
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Interesting! I like that concept.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

farmboy002 wrote:This is one of my favorite maps. Because it's just the right size for a SP and you have the choice to buy or make your own fields. This is Fields of Green V2
I see your using a JD 4020. Right on! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Cajunwolf wrote:Interesting! I like that concept.
Yah...I like it too... I think I mite edit this map and take out the bunkers at the BGA and replace them with the silos. I like those silos better, And make a area for silage bales to... And move the sell area for the compostmaster over by the salebarn. Oh and add chopped straw too.... :gamer:
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
farmboy002 wrote:This is one of my favorite maps. Because it's just the right size for a SP and you have the choice to buy or make your own fields. This is Fields of Green V2
I see your using a JD 4020. Right on! *thumbsup*
YAh...I love that little tractor. I changed the sound of it to sound like the John Deere model A....POP POP POP POP love that sound.... :lol:
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I assume that when you chose your own field it's not listed, or "created" in the scenegraph, right? But I guess one could go back and add it in too, and that way would know the acreage.