frustrated

farmboy002

frustrated

Post by farmboy002 »

Well I have the map about 85 to 90% done and wouldn't you know it I ran into a problem. Them dam ash tree's look like they got T.P.'d They were fine up til the last time I saved my work. I do not know if this is a glitch with G.E. or what? But the rest of the tree's are fine it's just those dam ash tree's. So unless I can find someone who can clean or fix this up. I will not be uploading the map like this. And I am not going to delete all those ash tree's one by one. But I am playing the map and chipping all those ash tree's into wood chips and as frustrated as I am right now not a one of them will have a prayer to be left standing. But anyway If I can find someone who want's to finish the map up and fix those ash tree's I'll get it uploaded then.
JohnDeere318

Re: frustrated

Post by JohnDeere318 »

That's funny that the ash trees look like they've been T.P.'d. :lol: But I understand your frustration though.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

yeah GE will do that **** That's why you got to make backups of your progress before each edit cause GE Will Screw up on save one time and mess everything up I feel for you cause I Have been there too and still get that cause you can get distracted and forgot to back it up and it never fails that will be the time it screws it up I just Keep a copy on my desktop during edits and when I'm ready for new back up I will send old one to recycle bin and copy new back to desktop
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

thunderhawk wrote:yeah GE will do that **** That's why you got to make backups of your progress before each edit cause GE Will Screw up on save one time and mess everything up I feel for you cause I Have been there too and still get that cause you can get distracted and forgot to back it up and it never fails that will be the time it screws it up I just Keep a copy on my desktop during edits and when I'm ready for new back up I will send old one to recycle bin and copy new back to desktop
Ya I should have known better. It has happen'd to me before. I do have a copy of the map but it goes back at about 40 to 50% done. And when I was playing the map I spotted a U.F.O. in the northwest corner of the map. So I went up to take a look at it. And it's a log floating in the sky. So it has to be in the other maps I made to. Any Idea how to get rid of it? It does not show up in the editor.
reider

Post by reider »

Look at the list of props in the menu to the left in GE. Click on each tree until it lights up (selected) then delete just that one. I dare bet at the same time it lights up one on the ground will do so too. Sometimes it does that when you copy/paste and/or move stuff.
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

O.K. I figured out why that log is there. It's part of the sawmill and it has a spline so you can set it up to look like it's going up into the sawmill. So do not panic it's not a U.F.O. :lol:
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

farmboy002 wrote:O.K. I figured out why that log is there. It's part of the sawmill and it has a spline so you can set it up to look like it's going up into the sawmill. So do not panic it's not a U.F.O. :lol:
Heck Iv been so busy with other stuff in the map Iv not even found it yet iv looked but still had not spotted it Im still trying to clean up GE Worked a hour on it this morning went to save my progress and Gaint engine error popped up and closed out lost all progress from this morning so had restart todays progress again dam GE

I don't really Thing that log is in my copy Iv looked in game and GE Don't see Any where
Last edited by thunderhawk on Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

thunderhawk wrote:
farmboy002 wrote:O.K. I figured out why that log is there. It's part of the sawmill and it has a spline so you can set it up to look like it's going up into the sawmill. So do not panic it's not a U.F.O. :lol:
Heck Iv been so busy with other stuff in the map Iv not even found it yet iv looked but still had not spotted it Im still trying to clean up GE Worked a hour on it this morning went to save my progress and Gaint engine error popped up and closed out lost all progress from this morning so had restart todays progress again dam GE

Ya it's done that to me too. And I meant to tell you if you want to add your own little spin to the map feel free to do so. There is always room for more improvements. *thumbsup*