Interesting Field Problem

thunderhawk

Re: Interesting Field Problem

Post by thunderhawk »

W1der wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
W1der wrote:Changed the viewing angle to 70 in FS17 and this started happening (while doing missions) ...
That's a big viewing distance! :shock:
Yes ... :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
Yeah I set mine to 65 and found this out to get the view the camera sets back from tractor
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

thunderhawk wrote:
W1der wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: That's a big viewing distance! :shock:
Yeah I set mine to 65 and found this out to get the view the camera sets back from tractor
So that is editable now?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
thunderhawk wrote:
W1der wrote:
So that is editable now?
You can change sooo much now!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

W1der wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
thunderhawk wrote: Yeah I set mine to 65 and found this out to get the view the camera sets back from tractor
So that is editable now?
yep they really opened up the settings options on 17 liking it big time
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

thunderhawk wrote:
W1der wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: So that is editable now?
yep they really opened up the settings options on 17 liking it big time
Awesome! Thanks! :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Interesting and all, but do y'all have any idea of what might be going on with the problem I'm having with the fields on the above map???
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Cajunwolf wrote:Interesting and all, but do y'all have any idea of what might be going on with the problem I'm having with the fields on the above map???
I would try and exist the game completely and then go back on. If that doesn't work, exist the game completely, do a restart and then try the game again. If all else fails, do a backup and reinstall the game and install the game again.

How to post your log.txt
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

No, everything else works fine, it's just the mod map that's doing this, and I have redone it, and restarted from scratch more than once. Everything else in th emap works great, it's the third one I've started, the other two worked fine with no problems. I uploaded a copy yesterday, it's in one of my post on page 1 "Norrod_Farms", if someone gets a chance, if they could download it, and see if the same problem occurs in their game. All you need to do is load it, tab to the combine, get a worker to start harvesting so you have field area to test, then jump in the other Agro Star, hook up the cultivator, and see if the same thing happens. If it does, it's in the map, if it doesn't then it's something going on in my mod environment. Pretty please?
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

Okay, with some mind bending persistence, I found the problem, but I'm not sure how it happened, and perhaps someone still using GE_6.3.0 can give it a try as I've upgraded to GE6.5.0 (was there a 6.4.0?). First off, it only happens on Westbridge, and not Bjornholm (as far as I can tell). Here's the issue, and it's a few lines added somehow by the editor in the mapName.lua file with ver 6.3.0, don't know about 6.4.0, never used it if there was one. It doesn't happen in 6.5.0, so they have apparently fixed it between 6.3.0 and 6.5.0, anyhow it looks like so ...

Delete that block of code and everything is fine on a map created with 6.3.0,, now if you've created a clone map of Westgate with version 6.5.0, and it doesn't load, here's your problem, again in the maps mapName.lua file.

You have to change this ...

To this ...

Poor Giants, they can't win for losing, and it seems like every time they fix something, they break something else. Maybe they ought to open source their editor.