How do I start a fresh install of FS15?

adamjohnson

How do I start a fresh install of FS15?

Post by adamjohnson »

I have played many happy hours of FS15 last year. But now the game is behaving very oddly.
more: chung cư 17 phạm hùng
(I Play on a PC, Steam, version 1.4.2.0. My house flooded and forced a 5 month break in playing; PC was not damaged).
Basically the game has stopped recognizing most mods that worked perfectly before even though they were all in the MODs folder. I have deleted them, put them back in, downloaded them fresh again, uninstalled the game and reinstalled it 4 times, checked local files and other stuff that in my desperation seemed things to try. All of my save games had disappeared as options to load on start up and only the first two maps were there even though I can see the save games on my hard drive.
more: chung cư park residence
My conclusion is that something is badly messed up, probably assisted by my fumbling, and the game needs a clean reinstall; I am willing to lose everything and start fresh if it will work again. I tried to do this by deleting the entire FS Folder from MY GAMES, uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it again. Amazingly enough, it still started up and found a mod map when running even without a Farming Simulator folder in my computer! (the one in MY GAMES). The log file is dated from February 2017 even though I have started multiple games this past week.
more: chung cư iris garden
Enough rambling: How can I start fresh? What do I need to do to convince the game to do this? Is there any other option? Many thanks for any hints because I am stumped and I want to plant something!
Last edited by adamjohnson on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guil

Re: How do I start a fresh install of FS15?

Post by Guil »