Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

W1der

Re: Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

Post by W1der »

Der_Tod wrote:I am running El Capitan with FS 15 1.4.2 without any problems. For me it looks like the problems were solved with patch 1.4.2.

Regards
Der_Tod
Ok ... Thats what I wanted to hear :)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Tell me what it's like when you get it! :D Beware... It is a LARGE file, like more than 5gb+. :|
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

Meowmixer75 wrote:Tell me what it's like when you get it! :D Beware... It is a LARGE file, like more than 5gb+. :|
It appears that I have about 2,3 TB of space free ... so I think it wont be a problem ... ;)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Oops, I meant the download is. But yeah, JEEZ! 2.3 TB of FREE SPACE! MY GOD! :lol: I only have about 600-700 gb left of 1tb. Those hard drives are hard to fill up haha, unless you do major recording of videos and editing...

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

So ... this problem turned ugly tonight.

The wheel (only the wheel) disconnects after a few seconds in to a game session.
Now I also have to disconnect the USB port to get it started again.

I emptied my mod folder and started a new game with the Bjornholm map ... and it´s a fact. I have a serious problem.
Also restarted the iMac just to make sure.
Tried it about ten times with the same result.

Just sent an email to the support.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just noticed that menu functions up and down gets reversed after the error occurs ...

Cant wait to see what the support has to say about it!

I have an old iMac that just barely qualifies to run the game with minimum requirements.
Bought / downloaded the game from Giants website ... would I be able to install and play it on my old machine with the same "key" ?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Yes, as far as I know you can install the game on multiple machines with the same key, but you can't run it on those machines at the same time.

BTW. I still think this is a hardware issue with the wheel and panel, and therefore I doubt that Giants support will be able to help you here. Better try to reach out to Saitek to see if you can get the wheel and panel replaced.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Post by W1der »

don_apple wrote:Yes, as far as I know you can install the game on multiple machines with the same key, but you can't run it on those machines at the same time.

BTW. I still think this is a hardware issue with the wheel and panel, and therefore I doubt that Giants support will be able to help you here. Better try to reach out to Saitek to see if you can get the wheel and panel replaced.
If I can reproduce the error on my other machine I will know that it is coming from the hardware ... right!? ... :)

I only had the controller for a short time ... my warranty with the Swedish retailer will most probably cover it.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Yes, if the same issue occurs on two different machines then it is most likely a hardware issue.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Post by W1der »

don_apple wrote:Yes, as far as I know you can install the game on multiple machines with the same key, but you can't run it on those machines at the same time.

I tried to reproduce the error with that app you mentioned ... :search:
Well ... I will start a ticket with the retailer first thing on Monday.
It´s def the hardware that is faulty!

Again ... thanks for the support!
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Try checking your power saving settings for your OS. I know when Win10 installs it installs for a laptop with alot of power saving features turned on, including turning off USB ports that have no signal going to them. It solved alot of my problems.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yes, but only for multiplayer you can't run it on the same multi-game if you and another person are playing together. But on Career you can play at the same, I did it with me and my brother. :)

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

Buzz2112 wrote:Try checking your power saving settings for your OS. I know when Win10 installs it installs for a laptop with alot of power saving features turned on, including turning off USB ports that have no signal going to them. It solved alot of my problems.
Thank you for the tip ...

Thinking of it I have a problem when I connect my iPad to the USB on this machine.
It wont charge - just starts connecting and disconnecting over and over again.

I was planning on returning my wheel for an exchange tomorrow but I will have a look in to this first to see if the problem is within my iMac.

Firstly I will update to the new OS "El Capitan" to see if that solves it.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Cool! (About El Captian) Tell us what you think about it! :D When you get it that is ;) I hope you love it!

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

Sweet ...

Gotta give cred to my retailer.
Due to a long Swedish holiday and a mishap with the freight documents they received my wheel yesterday at five pm.
Today I got a notification that they are sending me a new wheel and I should be expecting it by Friday at the latest.