Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

Buzz2112

Re: Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

Post by Buzz2112 »

Try this...in you OS power settings, 'm not even sure if you're using Win 7 or 10 or mac, make sure that your OS is not turning off the power to you're USB ports, an energy saving thing with window 10 I know of, I had a problem with it turning off certain USB devices when I wasn't using them.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Buzz2112 wrote:Try this...in you OS power settings, 'm not even sure if you're using Win 7 or 10 or mac, make sure that your OS is not turning off the power to you're USB ports, an energy saving thing with window 10 I know of, I had a problem with it turning off certain USB devices when I wasn't using them.
I looked in to this, when reading about it the first time I had the problem.
But that seems to be a Win specific problem.

I have found that the problem is triggered from turning the wheel ... there seems to be a "wear" and something has a loose connection.
Have been able to reproduce the problem on a device testing application.
Everything works fine until I start turning the wheel ... then boom ... it all drops dead and needs to be reconnected to work again.

I find it strange that we do not see a lot of these reports though ...
As this is my third wheel with the same problem, with the error occurring after about using the wheel around 150 hours or so (that is not very much playtime!?).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

Ones again my retailer shows proof of outstanding customer service ...
They received the broken wheel on Friday last week and I Will have a new one delivered to me later today ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Marcel52

Post by Marcel52 »

I have received an new steering wheel and I give it an try when fs17 is coming out, I hope they have fix the prob but we will see.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Oh ... here we go again.
I am almost starting to loose count ... I think I am on the 4th controller with the same issue ... what is going on!? ... :confusednew:

I think this controller is amazing ... but this is starting to get really annoying!

I have only seen a few posts from people with the same problem ...
But as this is the 4th controller, with the same issue, it is hardly a question of "bad luck"!?
... Why isn´t there more "complaints"?

Based on what I am experiencing I am afraid that Saitek will "drop" this controller (because this must be an expensive product for them, if everyone single one they made so far, is breaking down).

I was planning on doing some YT clips about the controller with FS17 ...
But I would not feel comfortable with promoting this, if the problem is not solved.

If any one from Giants is reading this ... please comment or contact me.
The controller ads so much to the gaming experience ... But this can not go on ... :neutralnew:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I just realized that the controller is "out of stock" at my retailers web site ...

Possibly this means I will be getting a wheel from another batch this time around.
Hopefully the new one will work better ... *fingers crossed*
MonikaXxx

Post by MonikaXxx »

Oh, hello, fellow unlucky Saitek owner! ;)
My story is similar to yours, I'm on my third replacement set now, but on a Windows machine. Exactly same issues, I bought mine from a vendor in Germany and I'm in Finland, so I have gotten my replacements via Saitek/MadCatz directly. They have been really quick with replacements. But I'd have hoped the later versions of hardware would have this fixed.

Or maybe we just play too much, and no one else logs the same hours as we do, heh
W1der

Post by W1der »

MonikaXxx wrote:Oh, hello, fellow unlucky Saitek owner! ;)
My story is similar to yours, I'm on my third replacement set now, but on a Windows machine. Exactly same issues, I bought mine from a vendor in Germany and I'm in Finland, so I have gotten my replacements via Saitek/MadCatz directly. They have been really quick with replacements. But I'd have hoped the later versions of hardware would have this fixed.

Or maybe we just play too much, and no one else logs the same hours as we do, heh
I actually found a topic on this on another forum ... we are NOT alone!
However ... I see that the controller has been "out of stock" at my retailer and the next one I get in return, will hopefully be from a "new batch" ...
I guess will find out in about 100-150 hours of gameplay if there has been any improvements ... *thumbsup*

I am not getting my hopes up ... as I am currently looking for other options ... :neutralnew:

Take a look att this setup ... :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eApXwfn ... GE&index=1
W1der

Post by W1der »

An update ...

Still no wheel available ... my retailer has not gotten any word from Saitek, as to when they can expect the next delivery.
Knew that baby "backwards and out", from using it on a daily basis.
I am afraid it will take me some time to get used to it the way I was, ones I get it back.
Miss playing the game so much! ... I´s not the same with a joystick, or anything else, so at the moment I am on a "vacation" from my farm(s) ... :sadnew:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:An update ...

Still no wheel available ... my retailer has not gotten any word from Saitek, as to when they can expect the next delivery.
Knew that baby "backwards and out", from using it on a daily basis.
I am afraid it will take me some time to get used to it the way I was, ones I get it back.
Miss playing the game so much! ... I´s not the same with a joystick, or anything else, so at the moment I am on a "vacation" from my farm(s) ... :sadnew:
I hear you loud and clear, when you get to a custom of things, it's hard to go back. Like me and Windows 10 & PS4's, can't go back to Windows 8.1 & PS3's. Farming Simulator 17, can't go back to Farming Simulator 15. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Johnnyboy90

Post by Johnnyboy90 »

Recently had the same problem over the last few days. Also found that it's very jittery in game. Took my wheel apart and found that if I moved the green wire that goes into the wheel itself it fixed the problem. It's not perfect but it's fixed the disconnecting problem. I'm no expert but it just looks like bad wiring and design
AGRICULTURALENGINEER

Post by AGRICULTURALENGINEER »

Johnnyboy90 wrote:Recently had the same problem over the last few days. Also found that it's very jittery in game. Took my wheel apart and found that if I moved the green wire that goes into the wheel itself it fixed the problem. It's not perfect but it's fixed the disconnecting problem. I'm no expert but it just looks like bad wiring and design

My brothers wheel too has had this issue and upon removing the steeringwheel components, found a wire rubbed through on a fastening screw. Just in the process of solving it.
Meckel34

Post by Meckel34 »

Write to Logitech or call them. It´s an USB-Cable inside the wheel, wich has broken. I had this already, too.
The wheel will mostly changed by Logitech and you become a new one...

(Sorry for my bad english :blushnew: )
MfG
Meckel34

Alle LS- Versionen, alle DLC's, alles 2x. Mobil LS 14, 16, DC, SRS
AGRICULTURALENGINEER

Post by AGRICULTURALENGINEER »

Meckel34 wrote:Write to Logitech or call them. It´s an USB-Cable inside the wheel, wich has broken. I had this already, too.

Will they replace it even if it was preordered upon release (basically because of its age) ??
W1der

Post by W1der »

AGRICULTURALENGINEER wrote:
Meckel34 wrote:Write to Logitech or call them. It´s an USB-Cable inside the wheel, wich has broken. I had this already, too.

Will they replace it even if it was preordered upon release (basically because of its age) ??
Saitek offered a two year warranty on the product ...