One step closer to a new PC ...

JohnDeere318

Re: One step closer to a new PC ...

Post by JohnDeere318 »

thunderhawk wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
W1der wrote: Well ... 1080p would look better on a 24" screen than on a 27" screen anyways ... :hmm:
Yes I have noticed that. My old 19" TV that I had (never used it for gaming or as a monitor, even though it had a VGA), the HDMI was so clear and crisp. But, the higher you go up, the worse it seems to get. For me, 24 inch is big enough, I would love to get one or two 27" monitors sometime. With HDMI of course. ;)
My question is why are you talking about running monitors on hdmi heck just go to a tv I'm running my computer through my 50" sanyo tv on HDMI with wonderful picture at 1920x1080 that's just my preferred setting
Well, my TV that I am running as my second monitor (VGA - Samsung), does not fit 1920x1080 and that bothers me, so I can't really use it. I need to use it everyday and I need something that fits and it crisp, my HD TV make the screen fuzzy and choppy anyway.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

running vga input I don't see you ever getting a real great pitture I was saying find you a graphics card with hdmi output and you have a lot wider selection of tv sizes vs monitors that's what I'm getting at and a lot cleaner picture
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just loaded a few of the modded maps I hade huge issues with on my "old" iMac ...
(As I do not have my Saitek wheel at the moment, I have just been driving around, using my Logitech Joystick.)
With my new PC I have not yet detected any signs of frame drops, even with settings on max ... not even on some of the old "savegames", with huge numbers of "objects".
It even seems to be able to keep this up, when recording at 1080p, with highest quality settings on the "recorder".

Can´t wait to get the wheel back and start playing again!

The only "issue" I have with my new rig is the screen ...
Compared to the screen on my iMac this is stuff!
Can´t seem to get the color settings right, without getting the red, blue or green to "bleed through".
And besides that it´s either to bright or to dark ... :hmm:

Might have to look for a better screen ... or is there some "external software" available to get this sorted out?
(Being a total noob on PC´s I have a lot to learn ...)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:Just loaded a few of the modded maps I hade huge issues with on my "old" iMac ...
(As I do not have my Saitek wheel at the moment, I have just been driving around, using my Logitech Joystick.)
With my new PC I have not yet detected any signs of frame drops, even with settings on max ... not even on some of the old "savegames", with huge numbers of "objects".
It even seems to be able to keep this up, when recording at 1080p, with highest quality settings on the "recorder".

Can´t seem to get the color settings right, without getting the red, blue or green to "bleed through".

Might have to look for a better screen ... or is there some "external software" available to get this sorted out?
Well, since your iMac was a 4K or 5K Retina or something screen, the PC Monitor won't be that awesome. Just adjust your screen settings on the monitor you have, or go into Nvidia control panel and adjust some settings as well too. :smileynew:

Trust me, PC's are very easy to learn, especially Windows 10! :D

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
W1der wrote:Just loaded a few of the modded maps I hade huge issues with on my "old" iMac ...

Well, since your iMac was a 4K or 5K Retina or something screen, the PC Monitor won't be that awesome. Just adjust your screen settings on the monitor you have, or go into Nvidia control panel and adjust some settings as well too. :smileynew:

Thanks ... !
Using the NVIDIA control panel gave me a much better result ... *thumbsup*

A 5K screen is amazing ... I can live with this for gaming, but using a 27" 1080p screen is a pain for the eyes when trying to read text ... :geeknew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:

Thanks ... !
Using the NVIDIA control panel gave me a much better result ... *thumbsup*

A 5K screen is amazing ... I can live with this for gaming, but using a 27" 1080p screen is a pain for the eyes when trying to read text ... :geeknew:
Yes I agree, 5K does look amazing! For hard reading text, that's what HDMI will do to a person, that's why I use DVI or VGA, picture quality is 1080P on DVI and text is very readable. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

A big THANK YOU ... to all of you who helped me with my decision ... !
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:A big THANK YOU ... to all of you who helped me with my decision ... !
Your welcome, anytime! :D I'm glad that it is going great for you! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt