Farming rig build

gearhed502

Re: Farming rig build

Post by gearhed502 »

I have liquid cooling in my computer, and it wasn't bad at all to install. It came in a nice sealed unit. Bolted to the case and motherboard. plugged it in and it was good to go. Granted, it's not as cheap as an air cooler, but $100 wasn't too bad. If my cpu didn't recommend liquid cooling, I probably wouldn't have got it.
thunderhawk

Re: Farming rig build

Post by thunderhawk »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
gearhed502 wrote:If your planning on the ssd, you could skip the wd hd altogether. Also, if you are planning on upgrading it in the future, make sure that you plan for it now. Your motherboard looks fine as it can handle a i7, but you might want to go with a different power supply. It might be alright now, but if you go with a i7 cpu and/or multiple video cards, it may not be enough. As far as cooling goes, see what they recommend for the i5. You probably only need a decent air cooler, not a liquid cooler.
Plus, liquid coolers, in my opinion, are a lot of work. It's just a lot more money in the end. Air cooling is probably your best route and cheaper.
I have to disagree mine has been Liquid cooled for 8months and the only thing I have to do to it is add 1oz of coolant maybe every 3 months to top system off and my pc runs 30 degrees cooler than my factory fans did
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv