Modifier Keys ...

W1der

Modifier Keys ...

Post by W1der »

I am having some thoughts regarding "modifier keys" ...

For the "game pad" I have found that I can use the buttons (not sure if it works with all of them) in combination with each other to create more advanced configurations.
But with the keyboard, there seems to be a limitation to the "shift", "ctrl" and "alt" keys.

What I am looking for (missing), is the possibility to create my own groups of commands, using a modifier key together with the "numpad digits"... :this:

Say I want to group my commands like this.

Modifier Key = L (for lights)
I could then create the following.

L+numpad1= Toggle Headlights
L+numpad2= Toggle Rear lights
L+numpad3 = Working lights
L+numpad5 = Left blinkers
L+numpad6 = Hazard lights
L+numpad7 = Right Blinkers
L+numpad0 = Toggle Beacon lights

I could then go ahead and use "G", as a modifier key for say "GPS" ...

G+numpad1 = Toggle GPS ON/OFF
... etc

Above was just an example for you to understand the "concept" ...
What I would really like is to use the "= / * - + ," buttons on the numpad, as modifier keys, together with the "digits".
Including the possibility to use 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,and 9, as "stand alone" inputs ... That is 7x10 combinations, for the numpad section (easy to reach, using only one hand) ... *thumbsup*

"External numpads" is really cheap ...
You could buy one and create your own labels for the buttons, to use with Farming Simulator ... :this:

It could never compete with the "Saitek Side panel" though ... but if you can not afford one, this comes close ... and to use a separate "numpad keyboard" in combination with the side panel ... wohaa!!!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Re: Modifier Keys ...

Post by W1der »

Kept thinking ...

As I will be playing this game on a PC from now on ...
Does any one know, if there is an available software, that allows me to reprogram the "= / * - +" keys on my numpad, to act as the "shift", "ctrl", and "alt" keys ? ... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

Check out AutoHotKey (https://www.autohotkey.com). It should do what you're looking for. :hi:
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Mythtaken wrote:Check out AutoHotKey (https://www.autohotkey.com). It should do what you're looking for. :hi:
OK ...
I will check that out!

Cheers ... *thumbsup*