HELP scratched disk but still have product code

GoodGamesAll123

HELP scratched disk but still have product code

Post by GoodGamesAll123 »

i installed farming simulator on this computer untill my hard drive broke down then i had to get a new hard drive :frown: i then recently found the disk but it is all scratched, now i cant reinstall it, i still have the product key could i get a link to reinstall it and type it in or something *thumbsup*
don_apple

Re: HELP scratched disk but still have product code

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Since the product key for the DVD version is different than the download version it is unfortunately not possible to download the game using the product key for the DVD version. So you'll have to buy the game again I'm afraid. But this time better get the download version either form Giants or Steam so that you don't have to worry about a broken DVD again.

BTW. FS17 is going to come out at the end of October you might also wait until then and then get the new version instead: http://www.farming-simulator.com/about. ... latform=pc
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
JohnDeere318

Re: HELP scratched disk but still have product code

Post by JohnDeere318 »

As @don_apple has said, you will have to buy the game again. Amazon, Best Buy, Target, etc. are selling Farming Simulator 15 w/ Gold Edition for $29.99. If you were me @GoodGamesAll123, I would buy Farming Simulator 15 again and get Farming Simulator 17 as well.

A good thing to do when you get 17, is make an ISO file of it OR make a personal copy of the game disc so that you don't have to use the disc and get it ruined. I do this to almost every CD/Game (except PS3 and PS4 games :( ) I get, just so that the disc can stay in mint condition and not get ruined. *thumbsup* Just some advice to keeping your discs as long as you can. It's saddening when a disc gets scratched and can't be used anymore.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt