Can't Connect to Server List

rmf304

Can't Connect to Server List

Post by rmf304 »

When I select Multiplayer, it connects to the selection of International, Central Europe, etc. But, when I pick one of the three options there, it won't connect to the server list.Any ideas on what can cause this and how to fix it?
b101uk

Re: Can't Connect to Server List

Post by b101uk »

assuming a Windows PC

check that the faring simulator .exe has Windows firewall inbound/outbound permissions for TCP ports and UDP ports.

also if you have a 3rd party anti-virus program with in-built firewall you may need to grant permissions there too.

for Mac or consoles, I don't know.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Your internet may not be good at the time you are trying to connect. Check your internet on the task bar and see if it is still connected and good. Sometimes, on the second try it works for me, but sometimes not.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
rmf304

Post by rmf304 »

I'm pretty sure it's my connection. I use my cell phone for internet access. As long as I have the WiFi hotspot I can connect fine. If I USB tether it gives me issues. Looks like I'll have to find a WiFi tethering app that hides my usage from Sprint lol!
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

rmf304 wrote:I'm pretty sure it's my connection. I use my cell phone for internet access. As long as I have the WiFi hotspot I can connect fine. If I USB tether it gives me issues. Looks like I'll have to find a WiFi tethering app that hides my usage from Sprint lol!
Ah, yeah Cell Phone internet can be a pain sometimes. My parents used to have US Cellular internet for 5GB wireless to computers and it always gave us issues. We now have another unlimited internet company plan and hasn't given us issues since! *thumbsup* If only there was a program to make cell phone companies not see your GB usage! :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
rmf304

Post by rmf304 »

There actually is. PDA Net+ allows for USB tethering without notifying the carrier, the only drawback is you need a rooted Android device. It's what I use and it works really well. Turns out though, the VPN that PDA Net creates to hide your usage, was what was blocking me. I had to add an allowance for the server list port to get it going, haven't had an issue since.