Mulltiple Monitors

bedspread02

Mulltiple Monitors

Post by bedspread02 »

I have a triple monitor setup. How do I get FS15 to use the other two monitors?
JohnDeere318

Re: Mulltiple Monitors

Post by JohnDeere318 »

bedspread02 wrote:I have a triple monitor setup. How do I get FS15 to use the other two monitors?
You can't use two monitors in FS15, only three. To setup three monitors, here is instructions how to make it work together: https://www.cclonline.com/article/1193/ ... ngle-GPU-/ :this: This guy uses a 600 Series Nvidia (I hope you are using a Nvidia GPU!!!) but they are all the same.

Here is another, but may not be as good: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... e-monitors

Here is an AMD way: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... orFAQ.aspx ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9iSPoG6sW8
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
bedspread02

Post by bedspread02 »

I have three monitors, the central monitor is 27 inches and the outer two are 24 inches. After I followed the instructions in the nVidia control panel I tried to run FS15, Unfortunately the game ran at the new resolution within the main monitor only. The other two monitors were not receiving any signals and the game was extremely compressed from the sides. Thank you for trying to help.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

bedspread02 wrote:I have three monitors, the central monitor is 27 inches and the outer two are 24 inches. After I followed the instructions in the nVidia control panel I tried to run FS15, Unfortunately the game ran at the new resolution within the main monitor only. The other two monitors were not receiving any signals and the game was extremely compressed from the sides. Thank you for trying to help.
Ah, then that's probably why it wasn't working, your monitors weren't the same size. They do sell Acer 24" monitors for $150 now, I have the KH24L one and it has not given me any problems since I bought it. Very clear, but doesn't have HDMI though, which was fine for my uses. 27" monitor is huge! A 24" monitor is even big for me! :lol:

How to post your log.txt
bedspread02

Post by bedspread02 »

I understand what you are saying, perhaps I should have mentioned that I have poor eyesight from diabetic retinopathy.
I am 20/400 in my left eye (the big E at the top of the eye chart).
I am 20/35 in my right eye.
I have also lost some of my ability to see the colour red and I was already red-green colour blind from birth.
The larger monitors seem to reduce the eyestrain that comes quickly when viewing smaller screens for any length of time.
Lister471

Post by Lister471 »

This up is very simple. right click a empty part of your desktop, click the Nvidia Control Panel.

The 3rd option down should be "Configure surround, PhysX", click this. Top left you will see a check box with the text "Span displays with surround", once you check the box, the configure button just below will become active.

Now if you click the configure button it will ask you to close any programs that are open. So finish reading this then close anything that open.

Once you click configure you will have x number of options to move the monitors ect, Play around in here till your happy with the settings, you would want your 27 in the middle and then your 24's on the correct sides ect. Once done click apply.

Next running Farming Simulator and enjoy.

BTW just for the record you can run surround with 2 monitors, however its not idea has the center of the game becomes where the monitors meets. You can also use different size monitors, its the res of the monitors that matters not there size.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

bedspread02 wrote:I understand what you are saying, perhaps I should have mentioned that I have poor eyesight from diabetic retinopathy.
I am 20/400 in my left eye (the big E at the top of the eye chart).
I am 20/35 in my right eye.
I have also lost some of my ability to see the colour red and I was already red-green colour blind from birth.
The larger monitors seem to reduce the eyestrain that comes quickly when viewing smaller screens for any length of time.
That stinks. :sadnew:

How to post your log.txt
gnarlitos

Post by gnarlitos »

I'm using 3 monitors but two are attached with external adaptors (my onboard only sees one monitor), is there any hope for me? like maybe third party software?