Gamepad key bindings

W1der

Gamepad key bindings

Post by W1der »

I am remapping the buttons for my xbox controller and I am getting a setup that I can "live with".

How ever ... some inputs is not working with some mods.
The "basic keys" O,X,B etc ... on the keyboard, seems to be working with the stock vehicles, when using the buttons I mapped for this on the gamepad ... but some mods wont listen to the inputs from the gamepad (only from the keyboard).
I am sure it worked with the buttons I had mapped for this on the side panel, when I was using it, with the same mods though ...

Am I missing something? :blushnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
thunderhawk

Re: Gamepad key bindings

Post by thunderhawk »

There Is A default key layout for the xbox 360 controller And Some Can be remapped but there is some I have not been able to remap also because all the functions in vehicles some keys are used with several functions with a second button like turn equipment on is LB+X Because there is so many functions its hard to remap keys without causing interference with another function I'm using close to default setting except a few buttons I'm using drive control so I have remapped the left/Right D Pad for this left is manual start and right is 4x4 button it been

A - Jump
X - Enter a Vehicle
LB + X - Crouch
Left Joystick (Click) - PDA

INSIDE

X - Exit Vehcile
A - Attache Attachment
A - Detach Attachment
Back - Change Tool Selection Front/Back
LB + A - Unfold Sprayer
LB + B - Lower Plow / Lower Sower / Lower Sprayer
LB + X - Turn Plow / Turn on Sower / Turn on Sprayer
LB + Y - Allow Create Field (carves field from grass)
LB + Right Joystick - Raise and Lower Sprayer Height
RB + B - Toggle Lights (Headlights and Backlights)
RB + X - Ridge Marker
RB + Y - Toggle Beacon Lights
LB + RB + X - Toggle Cruise Control

Click Left Joystick - PDA
LB + Left Joystick - Map Mode
Click Right Joystick - Change Camera POV
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
W1der

Post by W1der »

Well ...
I have been away from the game for over a month and obviously started forgetting things already.

It was me missing something.
The mods were using the same keyboard keys as the in game equipment ... however ... they have separate lines in the control menu.
I need to bind them separately for each mod ... problem solved ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

thunderhawk wrote:There Is A default key layout for the xbox 360 controller And Some Can be remapped but there is some I have not been able to remap also because all the functions in vehicles some keys are used with several functions with a second button like turn equipment on is LB+X Because there is so many functions its hard to remap keys without causing interference with another function I'm using close to default setting except a few buttons I'm using drive control so I have remapped the left/Right D Pad for this left is manual start and right is 4x4 button it been

A - Jump
X - Enter a Vehicle
LB + X - Crouch
Left Joystick (Click) - PDA

INSIDE

X - Exit Vehcile
A - Attache Attachment
A - Detach Attachment
Back - Change Tool Selection Front/Back
LB + A - Unfold Sprayer
LB + B - Lower Plow / Lower Sower / Lower Sprayer
LB + X - Turn Plow / Turn on Sower / Turn on Sprayer
LB + Y - Allow Create Field (carves field from grass)
LB + Right Joystick - Raise and Lower Sprayer Height
RB + B - Toggle Lights (Headlights and Backlights)
RB + X - Ridge Marker
RB + Y - Toggle Beacon Lights
LB + RB + X - Toggle Cruise Control

Click Left Joystick - PDA
LB + Left Joystick - Map Mode
Click Right Joystick - Change Camera POV
I do it differently ... :smileynew:

As I use the left stick to move forward, backward, left and right ... I also set it up so that I "run" when I press that stick down.
The right stick is used to "look around" and jump when pressed down ...
This made the most sense to me, coming from playing Battle Field (for to long) before I became a farmer ... :lol:

DP-up and down is chainsaw toggle
DP-right and left is chainsaw "tilt"

LB is crouch
RB is the zombie button (making the chainsaw do its thing) ... :mrgreen:

As for vehicle controls I am working on it (some changes still needs to be done, to get a better sequence to match the work flow) ... and as soon as I am done I have a plan of making a complete chart over them for future reference.

I am hoping for a better layout, from Giants, of the controls menu, for FS17 ...
W1der

Post by W1der »

Seriously ... who needs a side panel anyways?

This far I have found 59 possible key/stick bindings, for the xbox one controller ... :gamer:
I know there are more of them, that I have not "documented", at this time.
Have not been able to test all of them though ... As I have not (yet) found any use for that many (but I only have a few slots free)... :lol:
Stitchjr20051716

Post by Stitchjr20051716 »

Im trying to set key bindings up since i have a few extra buttons on the bottom of my xbox controller (using on pc). i want to be able to set some key bindings using LB+(na) and RB+(na) how can i do that because when i try to set a keybinding it just sets it to the single button.

Can i get some help with this one?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Are you holding both buttons at the same time?
Playing on PC and PS4