Gamepad Xbox one Elite

W1der

Gamepad Xbox one Elite

Post by W1der »

Will the Elite controller for xbox one work with FS15 / FS17 ?

Also ... this one seems to have a switch, that basically makes it possible to have two setups for the controls / bindings ...
Will this switch work "in game" or is it necessary to reboot the game if the switch is changed?

Does any one know?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Re: Gamepad Xbox one Elite

Post by JohnDeere318 »

It would most likely work that Xbox One Elite controller would work because it is a Microsoft product. Should be just a plug-n-play deal. Now, if you had a PS3/PS4 controller, it would be a little more difficult, but still fairly easy. I won't get into the PS3/PS4 controller thing. :wink3:

It is necessary to reboot the game because you can't start using it while the game is still running. You also need to turn on the gamepad settings "On" (if you don't have it on already).
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

JohnDeere318 wrote:It would most likely work that Xbox One Elite controller would work because it is a Microsoft product. Should be just a plug-n-play deal. Now, if you had a PS3/PS4 controller, it would be a little more difficult, but still fairly easy. I won't get into the PS3/PS4 controller thing. :wink3:

It is necessary to reboot the game because you can't start using it while the game is still running. You also need to turn on the gamepad settings "On" (if you don't have it on already).
Well ...
I was already using the standard xbox one controller ... but I was thinking that I would benefit from having buttons on the bottom of the controller.
Never heard of the Elite version, until I googled xbox one controllers. :blushnew:

Anyways ... I went and bought one today ...
I just tried it and it is actually a lot better than the standard controller, when it comes to the "sticks and triggers".
These must have much higher "resolution" as it is giving me a lot more control over "steering and gas" etc ...

The possibility to "move" LB and RB to the bottom of the controller was just as useful as I imagined it would be ... *thumbsup*

Also ... as this controller has its own software ... using the "profile switch" actually works without having to reboot the game.
The game still recognizes all the buttons as "the same" ... but the only benefit you get from using this feature, is that you can "move the buttons around" ...
At the moment I do not have the "brain power" to think of any real reasons for when this could become useful for FS15 ... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:It would most likely work that Xbox One Elite controller would work because it is a Microsoft product. Should be just a plug-n-play deal. Now, if you had a PS3/PS4 controller, it would be a little more difficult, but still fairly easy. I won't get into the PS3/PS4 controller thing. :wink3:

Well ...
I was already using the standard xbox one controller ... but I was thinking that I would benefit from having buttons on the bottom of the controller.
Never heard of the Elite version, until I googled xbox one controllers. :blushnew:

Anyways ... I went and bought one today ...
I just tried it and it is actually a lot better than the standard controller, when it comes to the "sticks and triggers".
These must have much higher "resolution" as it is giving me a lot more control over "steering and gas" etc ...

The possibility to "move" LB and RB to the bottom of the controller was just as useful as I imagined it would be ... *thumbsup*

Also ... as this controller has its own software ... using the "profile switch" actually works without having to reboot the game.
The game still recognizes all the buttons as "the same" ... but the only benefit you get from using this feature, is that you can "move the buttons around" ...
At the moment I do not have the "brain power" to think of any real reasons for when this could become useful for FS15 ... :hmm:
Wow! That is a great buy then! :lol: That's great that you don't have to reboot the game, with my Logitech F310 I have to.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

This is my key bindings, as of now (it works with the current vehicles I use*) ...
Stand Alone Buttons / Sticks
DP-Up: Lift Tool Axis 4 / Lift Crane Tool Axis 4 / Select Hand Tool / Menu Focus Up
DP-Down: Lower Tool Axis 4 / Lower Crane Tool Axis 4 / Select Hand Tool / Menu Focus Down
DP-Left: Open Front Loader Tool / Lower Crane Tool Axis 3 / Turn Chainsaw / GPS - Shift Parallel Left / Menu Focus Left
DP-Right: Close Front Loader Tool / Lift Crane Tool Axis 3 / Turn Chainsaw / GPS - Shift Parallel Right / Menu Focus Right
LB: Crouch
RB: (R) Use Hand tool / Activate Object / Refill (Kotte Uni. Mod) / Soft Gas (Drive Ctrl)
A: (X) Unfold Impl / Set Help Hud Size Down (Mod) / Skip Message Box / Accept Menu Item
B: Set Help Hud Size Up (Mod) / Cancel Menu Item
LS-Y: Move
LS-X: Steer / Move
LS-Click : Enter/Exit Vehicle / Run
RS-Y: Lift and Lower Front Loader Arm / Lift and Lower Crane Arm
RS-X: Lift and Lower Front Loader Tool / Lift and Lower Crane Tool
RS-Click: Camera Select / Jump
LT: Brake / Reverse
RT: Forward

Modifier = "LB" (Front Loader / Cranes / Zoom / Look Around / Some Mod Specific inputs*)
DP-Up: Zoom In
DP-Down: Zoom Out
DP-Left*: Fold Left (Trailer Mod)
DP-Right*: Fold Right (Trailer Mod)
RS-Y: Look Around (Vehicle)
RS-X: Look Around (Vehicle)
A*: Extend Platform (Trailer Mod)

Modifier = "RB" (Front Loader and Crane inputs)
LS-Y: Lift and Lower Tool Axis 3
RS-Y: Extend and Contract Front Loader Arm / Extend and Contract Crane Arm
RS-X: Open and Close Crane Tool

Modifier = "Y" (Implement Controls)
DP-up: (B) Turn Impl On / Change driving dir
DP-down: (Q)Attach / Detach Impl / Unload
DP-Left: (V) Lower Impl
DP-Right: (O) Toggle Pipe / Select Side / Unlock Load
LB: (Z) "Select Cargo" (Trailer Mod) and Switch tires (Kotte Uni. Mod) De/attach Trailer Hitch (Bailer Mod) / (,) Toggle Straw Swath
RB: Lower ALL Impl
BACK: Change Tool Selection
START: (N) Toggle Cover

Modifier = "X" (Lights)
DP-up: Beacons
DP-down: Toggle Lights
DP-Left: Blinkers Left
DP-Right: Blinkers Right
LB:
RB:
BACK: Hazard Lights
START:
Y: Lights Front
A: Lights Back

Modifier = "B" (Engine / GPS)
DP-up: GPS - Active/Passive
DP-down: GPS - Line Mode
DP-Left: GPS - Display Mode
DP-Right: GPS - Auto Width
LB: Horn
RB: Shuttle Ctrl (Drive Ctrl)
LS-Y: Cruise Ctrl Up and Down
BACK: Start Engine (Drive Ctrl)
START: GPS - ON / OFF
Y: GPS - Init
A: Toggle Cruise Ctrl

Modifier = "START" (Screen / Menus)
DP-up: Toggle Help Text
DP-down: Toggle Map
DP-Left: Toggle Hud
DP-Right: Save Screenshot
LB: (P) Store
RB: (I) "PDA!?"
A: "ESC"

Modifier = "BACK" (Time / Hired Help / VeGS)
DP-Up:
DP-Down:
DP-Left:
DP-Right:
LB: To Next Group (VeGS)
RB: Switch Within Group (VeGS)
START: Time Fast Forward
A: Toggle Worker

Modifier = "LS-Click"
RS-Click: Parking Brake (Drive Ctrl)

Unassigned
Lift and Lower Tool axis 5 / Lift and Lower Crane Axis 5
At least I think this list is correct ... I tried to double check everything but my brain is a mess ... :blushnew:
I do not have Drive Ctrl installed, so I have not been able to test these bindings for conflicts ... :this:
Also ... some spots are empty as I have not been able to find any functions to fill them with (yet).

I tried grouping them to be as logical as possible ... and setting the keys up so it is possible to use them while driving when necessary ... :smileynew:
I have no Idea how this compares to Giants original setup, as mine seemed to be corrupted so I could never use it ...

It takes some time getting used to it ... but it seems to be working pretty good.
If any one wants to try it I would be happy to send the "inputbinding" file ... :mrgreen:

Can anyone tell me what "axis 5" is used for? ... :blushnew: