GPS Problem no Mouse pointer

Farmhand2016

GPS Problem no Mouse pointer

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Hey Guys I'm back again. Couple of things, I have been having better luck with getting mods to work but after reading a lot of forum talk I went back and looked at my log and it seems I have an awful lot of error messages which leads me to believe I'm not doing it right. When I open up the Zip files in the Mod file and it asks me if I want to replace a file and the file size is smaller than the one it wants to replace, should I not replace it? But onto my main question, I finally got the GPS mod into my mod folder in FS15 but when I turn on the GPS I don't get a mouse pointer to utilize the wonderful control panel that comes up when I hit R Ctrl ( .) Could somebody tell me where to look for the problem? As for getting my log.Txt to you I'm still confused how to do that? Maybe I just figured it out :hmm:
Attachments
log.txt
(79.52 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Farmhand2016

Re: GPS Problem no Mouse pointer

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Ooops, a correction that's the Left Ctrl button
W1der

Post by W1der »

I can not remember what button to press ... but if you take la look in your controls menu you should find it there.
The bindings for this mod is grouped together and they all start with the prefix "GPS" ...

Regarding your other problem, you should consider clearing out your mod folder completely and start putting them back, one by one, to create som structure ... :this:
Mod conflicts and such, can/will make your game suffer, in performance!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

looks like a mods texture files and other files has been dropped into folder all of these need removed from folder like wider said no more mods than you have it would be easier to clean mods folder and reinstall you mods all files below must be removed from folder or just delete below files from mods folder

Load mod: scripts
Load mod: shared
Load mod: sounds
Load mod: steerable
Load mod: Texturas
Load mod: TexturasCabezales
Load mod: texturen
Load mod: textures
Load mod: IngameData
Load mod: HUD
Load mod: particles
Load mod: audio
Load mod: Beifahrer

Looks like you have a duplicate follow me mod in folder delete follow me (1)
Error: Invalid mod name 'FollowMe(1)'

also I noticed you have the wheel and side panel you can change key binding for gps to work off your side panel and wheel if you wish
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Pressing CTRL will get you the mouse pointer. Like others have mentioned. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

thunderhawk wrote:
Looks like you have a duplicate follow me mod in folder delete follow me (1)
Error: Invalid mod name 'FollowMe(1)'

also I noticed you have the wheel and side panel you can change key binding for gps to work off your side panel and wheel if you wish
I use my "purple buttons", on the side panel, specifically for the GPS functions ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Thanks JD 318 the control trick was a God send. Now I can enjoy my GPS! I am still a bit confused about cleaning up my mods. I'm so excited I have the GPS working and the "Follow me" mod working I'm afraid if I start deleting files I'll really mess things up! I deleted one of my mods from the game itself but it didn't seem to go away. I also opened up one of my mod zip files and tried to delete them but was informed many of them were shared files and couldn't be deleted. I know in my ignorance I'm not doing things right. When I last looked at my log after playing awhile I noticed I'm still coming up with a lot of error messages. Those files thunderhawk mentioned, Example "Load Mods: scripts" , where are they and are they a shared file? Am I going to screw things up if I delete them? Deleting files is a scary thing for me as I'm not a whiz at this. Thanks a bunch to all of you for your patience and tremendous education!!!
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Farmhand2016 wrote:Thanks JD 318 the control trick was a God send. Now I can enjoy my GPS! I am still a bit confused about cleaning up my mods. I'm so excited I have the GPS working and the "Follow me" mod working I'm afraid if I start deleting files I'll really mess things up! I deleted one of my mods from the game itself but it didn't seem to go away. I also opened up one of my mod zip files and tried to delete them but was informed many of them were shared files and couldn't be deleted. I know in my ignorance I'm not doing things right. When I last looked at my log after playing awhile I noticed I'm still coming up with a lot of error messages. Those files thunderhawk mentioned, Example "Load Mods: scripts" , where are they and are they a shared file? Am I going to screw things up if I delete them? Deleting files is a scary thing for me as I'm not a whiz at this. Thanks a bunch to all of you for your patience and tremendous education!!!
Them Files Are showing to be in your main mods folder
Last edited by thunderhawk on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Farmhand2016 wrote:Thanks JD 318 the control trick was a God send. Now I can enjoy my GPS! I am still a bit confused about cleaning up my mods. I'm so excited I have the GPS working and the "Follow me" mod working I'm afraid if I start deleting files I'll really mess things up! I deleted one of my mods from the game itself but it didn't seem to go away. I also opened up one of my mod zip files and tried to delete them but was informed many of them were shared files and couldn't be deleted. I know in my ignorance I'm not doing things right. When I last looked at my log after playing awhile I noticed I'm still coming up with a lot of error messages. Those files thunderhawk mentioned, Example "Load Mods: scripts" , where are they and are they a shared file? Am I going to screw things up if I delete them? Deleting files is a scary thing for me as I'm not a whiz at this. Thanks a bunch to all of you for your patience and tremendous education!!!
No problem, anytime! Glad you got it working again! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

If you ever decide to take this on ... do not start "deleting" files ... Just move them out of the folder and put them some where else, until you know how the game reacts to the change ... *thumbsup*.

When it comes to the GPS mod ... these (below) are the functions I use the most ... so I remapped them according to my own liking ...
The key bindings Is the setup for my xbox gamepad ... any one is free to set it up as they wish ... :this:

Modifier = "B" (below buttons are all in combination with the B-button)
START-button: GPS - ON/OFF (turns the mod on/off)
DP-up: GPS - Active/Passive (makes the vehicle follow the line)
DP-down: GPS - Line Mode (changes the design of the line or hides it)
DP-Left: GPS - Display Mode (shows/hides the GPS panel without turning it off)
DP-Right: GPS - Auto Width (works with some veihicles / attachments)
Y: GPS - Init (adjusts the heading according to the vehicles direction)

Below buttons are "stand alone".
DP-Left: GPS - Shift Parallel Left (makes the vehicle turn "180" *- comes in handy when moving grass)
DP-Right: GPS - Shift Parallel Right
*** Needs to be pressed twice when used the first time/turn for some reason!