Help with buying a desktop to run FS 17

sanders94

Help with buying a desktop to run FS 17

Post by sanders94 »

I am buying a new gaming PC to play fs17, I have found one that suits my budget which is small as I don't have much time to play due to working long hours. Can someone tell me if this system will run smoothly.

Manufacturer warranty: 1 year
Processor Type: Intel Quad Core 2.4GHZ x4
Motherboard : Refurbished Socket 775 Board
Graphics Card : 1GB GeForce 710
Graphics Connections : DVI-D x 1, VGA x 1, HDMI x 1
Ram : 8GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 1TB
Case : Vantage Blue
Case Dimensions : Width 202mm, Height : 248mm, Depth : 467mm
Bundled Items: WI-FI, Keyboard, Mouse.
sanders94

Re: Help with buying a desktop to run FS 17

Post by sanders94 »

Forgot to add I would be changing the graphics card to the 2 gb 710
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Looks like the system is a little bit above the minimum requirements for the game:

Code: Select all

System Requirements Windows Version (*)
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
2.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD dual-core processor
Nvidia Geforce GTS 450, AMD Radeon HD 6770 graphics card or better (min 1GB VRAM)
2 GB RAM
6 GB free hard drive space
Soundcard
DVD-ROM Drive (only for retail version)
So it will most likely run the game smoothly, although only at low (or maximum medium) graphics settings.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

Thank you, what would you change to run at higher settings or 1080
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

And is that with mods running
W1der

Post by W1der »

sanders94 wrote:And is that with mods running
This is where it gets tricky ...
Even if you buy a computer that is above the minimum requirements ... you could/will eventually run in to problems with framedrops, from "specific mods", or if you are playing on a map with lots of vehicles and objects in the same area ... and especially if you want to play a big selection of modded maps ... !

So if it is going to work or not, depends on "how you want to play the game".

If you are fine with maybe just a few installed mods ("scripts" like Drive Control and GPS etc ... is usually not a problem) and playing on the stock maps, provided from Giants ... and not planning on stacking a huge amount of bales in the same area ... you might be OK ... :smileynew:

I know this is a diffuse answer, but it is what I have found to be the truth ... :neutralnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

GT 710... Good luck! :P

Get a GT 730 or GT 740 to be able to play on "Low" that is tolerable. Even on "Low" Sosnovka's farm where you unload and park vehicles still lagged. 40 FPS and under when staring at it from a distance. Trust me on this, I had a GT 730 and switched to a GTX 750 Ti Christmas of 2015.

Get a GTX 750 Ti if you have the money for it. I can play on High and it is only $120 at the moment.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

Yeah I know what you mean, I'd like to play modded maps because that's what make the game in my opinion, but can't really justify spending loads of money on a desktop
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

Okay so other than a better graphics card what else would you change to make a big difference
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

sanders94 wrote:Okay so other than a better graphics card what else would you change to make a big difference
CPU is a big thing too. I would see about getting good dual core or good quad core if you can afford it. My AMD Phenom II x4 955 Quad Core is pretty good, but I would get something newer and better than this. That is just what I got from Uncle's build, and I haven't really touched, since it is not really a problem to me.

RAM shouldn't be a problem, I would get 4 GB and if you can afford 8 GB, go for it! If you want to go really extreme, go for the 16 GB! :lol: But 8 GB is just about pushing it for games. I have 8 GB and I don't use it all. EVER. Never have used it up.

Motherboard, I would be looking for something that has PCI Express 2.0 or higher, preferably PCI Express 3.0. You need to look for AM3+ if you are going with an AMD processor, and look for an Intel Z if I am not mistaken? I am not totally sure about Intel motherboards, since I have never looked into one. I am honestly an AMD CPU fan and AMD/Nvidia GPU fan. If you ask me about Intel stuff, I will be no help, but some others on the forum would be happy to answer your Intel questions! *thumbsup*

That's it for now, I can give more help if you need it, just don't want to waste my time about something you don't want. :wink3:

How to post your log.txt
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

Thanks for the help
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

sanders94 wrote:Okay so other than a better graphics card what else would you change to make a big difference
It's not about making a big difference, it's about being able to play FS 17 at all. That GT 710 is way below the minimum system requirements for FS 17, you won't be able to play at all with that setup!

If you don't have a lot money to spend, consider buying a used graphics card. You can get a card (noticeable) above the minimum requirements for only 30€.
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

Ended up going for this
AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz Quad Core CPU
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB SATA III HDD
Nvidia GTX 950 2GB
500W Power Supply + WIFI
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

sanders94 wrote:Ended up going for this
AMD FX 4300 3.8GHz Quad Core CPU
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB SATA III HDD
Nvidia GTX 950 2GB
500W Power Supply + WIFI
That is a great starter build! It is just like mine, except newer. Trust me, you won't be disappointed! I can play on High w/ Sampling on 2x, but see you could probably go higher since your stuff is newer and a tiny bit better than mine. I about to setting it just on High with everything else off, but I am ordering my Radeon RX 470 this week!!! :D Only $200, can't go wrong with that. Hopefully that will be my last GPU for a while. :lol:

Anyway, I hope you love your build!!! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
sanders94

Post by sanders94 »

Yeah was a bit more than I initially wanted , £360 but atleast it should last