Farming Simulator 2011 Controller

OrcaAmity

Farming Simulator 2011 Controller

Post by OrcaAmity »

I bought Farming Simulator 2011 because that also looks good. It mentions a controller in the control settings and my Xbox 360 controller doesn't operate the game and it does for other games that support a controller. I read on the internet about this game and many others can't get a controller working for this game and they never even mentioned what controller they tried so it might be happening with most or all controllers. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
Airborne82nd

Re: Farming Simulator 2011 Controller

Post by Airborne82nd »

Are you playing thru Steam? If so, configure your controller, to WASP keyboard and mouse soley thru Steam. Don't use third party programs. I can't speak for this game, but it works for games way older than FS 11. I think because of their new Steam controller, they work it out in so that the 360 works the same way.

You just have to foll around with the Steam settings, and when you get to the game in the library, in Big Picture mode, go to the controller settings in the Steam menu for that game, and apply the default configurations.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Did you select "Use Gamepad" in the settings of the game? Enter the game, there should be a "Settings" or an "Options," you have to enable the gamepad/Xbox 360 controller to be able to use it in the game. Don't know if this applies to FS2011, but it would be worth a shot. FS2013 had that option.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Airborne82nd wrote:Are you playing thru Steam? If so, configure your controller, to WASP keyboard and mouse soley thru Steam. Don't use third party programs. I can't speak for this game, but it works for games way older than FS 11. I think because of their new Steam controller, they work it out in so that the 360 works the same way.

You just have to foll around with the Steam settings, and when you get to the game in the library, in Big Picture mode, go to the controller settings in the Steam menu for that game, and apply the default configurations.
The game isn't running through Steam. Thanks for what you said anyway because I have other games that do run through Steam that are keyboard and mouse only and I might be able to get the controller working on those. Thanks.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Did you select "Use Gamepad" in the settings of the game? Enter the game, there should be a "Settings" or an "Options," you have to enable the gamepad/Xbox 360 controller to be able to use it in the game. Don't know if this applies to FS2011, but it would be worth a shot. FS2013 had that option.
Thanks for the info. I switched on the gamepad setting but it's for steering and nothing happens. This is a problem that other have with the game as well. I did find out in the controls setting where I can change the gamepad controls but I need to find out what letter and number is connected to each button on the Xbox 360 controller to make the game think I'm using the keyboard and mouse.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

For the record I managed to find a useful web page that tells me what each Xbox 360 controller button has as a setting so I hope I'll be able to change the gamepad settings in the game to sync them with my controller. For example, the X button is a number 2. In the gamepad options where it shows entering and leaving a vehicle, I'll change the letter to a number 2.
OrcaAmity

Post by OrcaAmity »

Airborne82nd wrote:Are you playing thru Steam? If so, configure your controller, to WASP keyboard and mouse soley thru Steam. Don't use third party programs. I can't speak for this game, but it works for games way older than FS 11. I think because of their new Steam controller, they work it out in so that the 360 works the same way.

I tried what you suggested for my other games at Steam and I can't find the first place to start. Can you please send me some instructions in more detail so I can follow those? Thanks.